Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, you are correct. Bob Kraft is either going to ask

BB to resign or Goddell will destroy the New England Patriots piece

by piece. He might let BB finish out the year since the

season has already begun.

Last edited:
Re: Belichick may have to resign

Rep. It's always tough to take an unpopular stance for principles against the crowd. You're 100% correct.

I also agree. And I am no fair weather fan. 30 years + season ticket holder. Belichick must go.

This whole thing reminds me of the Nixon mess. Nixon did not need to break into Watergate -- he was going to win the election. Belichick did not need any tapes, we have the talent.

Both were unlikeable people that the media just loved to go after. Rational thought was gone. And it went on and on and on.

Our reputation as a team is more important to me than a win in the Super Bowl this year. I sat through more than one season where we never won more than one game. And I still loved the team.

Nothing bothers me more than seeing the team I love hurt in this way. Nothing.

As they say, you made your bed, now lie in it. Time for this team to move on. Now, at the beginning of the season.

Bill Cowher, coming to NE.

I also agree. And I am no fair weather fan. 30 years + season ticket holder. Belichick must go.

This whole thing reminds me of the Nixon mess. Nixon did not need to break into Watergate -- he was going to win the election. Belichick did not need any tapes, we have the talent.

Both were unlikeable people that the media just loved to go after. Rational thought was gone. And it went on and on and on.

Our reputation as a team is more important to me than a win in the Super Bowl this year. I sat through more than one season where we never won more than one game. And I still loved the team.

Nothing bothers me more than seeing the team I love hurt in this way. Nothing.

As they say, you made your bed, now lie in it. Time for this team to move on. Now, at the beginning of the season.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

There is something called the big picture my friend. Because, unlike you I would not insult a fellow Pats fan. Think big picture. Who even remembers last year?? Our integrity is more important.

I am sure you are young. I doubt you are even a season ticket holder that suffered through the bad years. Well, not really I had a blast.

So stop insulting people. Your voice is not the only one. And I assure you, it is not the right one.

There is something called the big picture my friend. Because, unlike you I would not insult a fellow Pats fan. Think big picture. Who even remembers last year?? Our integrity is more important.

I am sure you are young. I doubt you are even a season ticket holder that suffered through the bad years. Well, not really I had a blast.

So stop insulting people. Your voice is not the only one. And I assure you, it is not the right one.

That was the most mature response I've ever heard on here.

My respect and admiration to you sir.

Go Pats!!!:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Come back with your predictions at season's end.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being serious.

This situation is way too raw right now. Everyone (and yes that means the people here as well) is hysterical about this. THis is not the time for huge decisions like this.

You forget what really brought Nixon down. Wasn't the taping, it was the coverup. We've already taken the reponsibility and admitted the wrong. Everyone is having a field day with us, but that's to be expected.

IMO there no quicker way to admit we were actually cheating than to cut BB loose.

Last edited:
Come back with your predictions at season's end.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being serious.

This situation is way too raw right now. Everyone (and yes that means the people here as well) is hysterical about this. THis is not the time for huge decisions like this.

You forget what really brought Nixon down. Wasn't the taping, it was the coverup. We've already taken the reponsibility and admitted the wrong. Everyone is having a field day with us, but that's to be expected.

IMO there no quicker way to admit we were actually cheating than to cut BB loose.

No, it was the taping. The coverup occurred, but it only made things worse. You could say, the lack of remorse from BB fed the frenzy. If he was just a tad -- gee, I was wrong and I am sorry, but no.

And for the record, I don't think we were cheating. We were just arrogant, not we BB, it would have made no difference. That is the point.

Time to move on. I love this team too much to listen any more. Only one way to end it. Move on. We will be just fine. We still have a great owner, we will be just fine. Nothing to fear. We will be just fine.

Seriously, cut the violins.:rolleyes:

if bills apology wasnt to their(polian and co) liking..well they are the lowest life possible. if bill goes..i go! :D

I can't understand why people are losing their minds over this ch1cken**** trivia.

BB needs fan support right now, not abandonment. What he did was, on its face, not a big deal. In a sport where steriod use gets you a four game suspension, where systematically and knowingly violating the salary cap costs you a third round pick, we are freaking out over a near-useless videotape? Let's keep this in perspective even if the media isn't able to.

Seriously, cut the violins.:rolleyes:

Ravens 7 Jets 0.

Think I am not a Pats fan. Regardless of what I have said, and I stand by it, I want the Jets to be destroyed.

I used to really dislike the Steelers with Cowher because I felt he was trying to intentionally hurt players -- like Palmer. Now I have my #1 most disliked team. Can you say JETS?

I do not have a double standard. I stand by the following, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.

well i believe the pats are a great org. and a family too...as much as a pro anything can be. and and even honourable people make mistakes..first we didnt cheat..we broke the rules.
and kraft as a man of honour and does not forget how the pats got where they got. he wil weather the storm with bill at his side. that is what families do.

and not like some here who are ready to bail ship or get rid of BB.
now some here are missing the good ole days....well i am not...but if we have to relive them..well i want to do it with BB as coach.

and that is the players attitude too..its a team sport.

Ravens 7 Jets 0.

Think I am not a Pats fan. Regardless of what I have said, and I stand by it, I want the Jets to be destroyed.

I used to really dislike the Steelers with Cowher because I felt he was trying to intentionally hurt players -- like Palmer. Now I have my #1 most disliked team. Can you say JETS?

I do not have a double standard. I stand by the following, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.

I do not doubt you are a fan. I just want the violins gone. "We'll be all right...we'll be okay" I can hear the tinkly piano in the background. It's like a g*ddamn menopause commercial.

I think everyone has started a fresh wave of overreaction based on Mort's most recent "report". No one knows if it was part of the dealings between the Pats and Goodell last week. Everyone is acting like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Can't we just wait and see what happens over the next few days instead of adding to the freakin' pile?

Ravens 7 Jets 0.

I have read your responses and you sicken me.

Why don't you try supporting the team.

You define "fair weather fan".

Come back when BB is exonerated or you feel like it is a good time to root for the team.

Welcome aboard!

For me, the question is what the Commissioner knows and what is on the tapes of previous games. As I have said since Monday morning, supported by the Commissioner's statement, for the league this is about much, much, much more than the taping in the jets game.

Kraft's hand-picked Commissioner has taken actions that make little sense unless there is much more. And I would be shocked if he hadn't consulted Kraft at every step.

And, yes I agree with others that it is unreasonable for us to past judgement until we hear from Kraft. Of course, we can continue to speculate and hope.

Maybe there's nothing, but I have doubted that from Monday morning onward.
I don't know Belichick's future in this league. I thought that it would be up to Kraft. Now, I suspect his future is part of a negotation between Goddell and Kraft.

As far as the other tapes, either the team has already taken my advice and burned them, or not. And yes, as for many of the media, Nixon does come to mind.

Ravens 7 Jets 0.

this speculation was accurate (see other thread (2013))

Another thread that forgets to distinguish resign or re-sign

DID I PUT RESIGN.....!!!!!!

I meant RE-SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft