PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My overly hypothetical SF trade offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I thought about this trade offer but what if SF offered a first and Patrick Willis for Tom Brady? Would you take it? What about a first, a third, and Willis?

From SF's point of view, would they even consider this offer to be realistic?

Tom Brady is my favorite athlete of the past decade, I am not quite at Pete Shepperd level but some days it is close.

I have thought for a couple of years that Brady will end his career in SF. Football is a cold hard business and nothing lasts forever. Who knows what Brady will look like after returning from injury but at a minimum I would even consider it without at least three first round picks.

This would be a shocker but a lot of people said 'No way to Dillion', 'No way to Randy Moss', 'No way Adam V. leaves', 'No way Ty Law leaves', etc., etc.

I grew up in Edmonton when Wayne Gretzky was traded, anything can happen and usually does. Never say never.

So, its not logical to discuss the trade value of any player currently on the Patriots roster?
Blasphemy pure and simple.

A blockbuster trade like this would only happen in a video game so that's where it should be discussed.

A blockbuster trade like this would only happen in a video game so that's where it should be discussed.

So, your not a student of history. That's not my problem.

At least here in NE official position controversies don't emanate from armchairs, thankfully... The same people who would trade Brady wanted Cassel banished to WalMart 3 months ago, which is why the crap they spew from the comfort of those armchairs is by and large hysterical drivel.

Not all of us. Some of us were supporting Cassell when most of you were freaking out, even suggesting *gasp at the time* that they'd go 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs, and that Cassell would perform better and better.

Some of those same people (me) are saying now, that its worth a look at the value you'd get for Brady in this kind of situation. Cassell made some insane throws yesterday. He'll never be Tom Brady, but fyi Eli Manning won the super bowl last year and I think Cassell could be better than him.

The Herschel Walker trade resulted in the mid-90s Dallas Cowboys. There's no reason to think something similar wouldn't happen to the 2010s Pats. I think the going rate would be two 1sts, a 2nd, and a guy like Willis. A team would improve with Brady so much, overnight, that they'd probably do it.

I have to assume that Brady will be 100% by 2009 TC. If that is the case, can't we let San Fran or Detriot or whoever fight over Cassel and hopefully bank another 3rd round comp pick?
If San Fran wins and they cut Hill, I think BB and staff can make Hill into a viable QB if Brady gets reinjured.
If Detriot wins and they cut Kitna, I don't see BB and staff being able to do much with him, so maybe O'Connell has to step up.

Eithner way we all Agree, we need a healthy Brady.

So, your not a student of history. That's not my problem.

Please learn me a historical trade of this magnitude.

Please learn me a historical trade of this magnitude.

Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Babe Ruth
Gretzky
These off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call