PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moving Forward: Positives Heading into the Jets Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats vs Revis & Butthead (aka Rex Ryan).

This will be wayyyy different from game I went to in week 2. 41-17 Pats. You think Wrecks Ryan is crying now, by half time only signal Sanchez will be pointing is to Hot Dog vendor.

BOTTOM LINE
The jets will likely try to run it up our gut all game. On defense, we should see lots and lots of pressure. The jets have excellent corners. We SHOULD take them apart. We SEEM to have a much, much better team at this point in the season.

OFFENSE
As long as Morris or Taylor is ready, this offense is as good as it gets.
BRADY, MOSS and WELKER are playing very well indeed.
We have THREE OK #3 receivers and BTW, Watson is having a fine year.
The OL is playing great. Vollmer has been fine. Connolly and LeVoir are fine backups.

DEFENSE
The defense is still very muich a work in progress.
The DEFENSIVE LINE has injuries. Burgess and Pryor have been OK with more reps.
The LINEBACKERS will miss Banta-Cain.
THE SECONDARY is better than anyone has a right to have have expected.

BOTTOM LINE
The jets will likely try to run it up our gut all game. On defense, we should see lots and lots of pressure. The jets have excellent corners. We SHOULD take them apart. We SEEM to have a much, much better team at this point in the season.

OFFENSE
As long as Morris or Taylor is ready, this offense is as good as it gets.
BRADY, MOSS and WELKER are playing very well indeed.
We have THREE OK #3 receivers and BTW, Watson is having a fine year.
The OL is playing great. Vollmer has been fine. Connolly and LeVoir are fine backups.

DEFENSE
The defense is still very muich a work in progress.
The DEFENSIVE LINE has injuries. Burgess and Pryor have been OK with more reps.
The LINEBACKERS will miss Banta-Cain.
THE SECONDARY is better than anyone has a right to have have expected.

Like I said I like our chances.

Re: Pats vs Revis & Butthead (aka Rex Ryan).

3 stars for "Revis and Butthead". Good line.

Regards,
Chris

The Jets can be run on. If Morris is back, I expect lots of under-center snaps for Brady with plenty of handoffs and when it's time to pass, play-action to loosen up the coverage.

The Pats need to stop Thomas Jones, period. If he's stopped, Sanchez will have nobody to throw to once McGowan is sicced on Keller. The Pats' rookie DBs are rounding into form much sooner than I expected (I figured the 1st week of December they'd start seeing significant playing time) and are ready to put on a show vs. the rookie QB.

Regards,
Chris

6. Lawrence Maroney is running with an attitude.

Great overall post, but I disagree on #6. Based on his play Maroney is not going to be resigned when his contract his up, especially if he wants starter money or playing time.

I don't think this game will be a blowout

Let's see how the Pats counter the Jets pressure this game. Should be interesting.

That's my worry as well. I think they'll handle it better since it's what they'll prepare for vs Jets where Indy is more of a 4-man rush team.

Tale of the Tape: Week 10 - Extra Points - Boston.com

2) Perfect timing: An interesting stat I came up with: The Colts went strictly with a four-man rush in the first and third quarters, and mixed it up wildly in the second and fourth quarters. And the truth is, it worked.

On 12 snaps, the Colts sent five or six rushers. Brady did register a touchdown on one of those, and completely nine of his 12 throws in these spots. But the throws were short, and rushed, and Indy did a great job of tackling on the back end there. The Patriots picked up 60 yards on those 12 throws. That's a 5.0-yards per attempt.

It really cost the Patriots on that fateful four-and-out near the end of the game. On the third-and-2 ball Jerraud Powers nearly picked off, in front of Wes Welker, a 6-man rush closed the pocket around Brady, keeping the quarterback from really stepping into his throw. That set up fourth-and-2. The Colts brought five, Brady quickly unloaded the ball, and you know what happened from there ....

Great overall post, but I disagree on #6. Based on his play Maroney is not going to be resigned when his contract his up, especially if he wants starter money or playing time.

I think Maroney has ran hard the past few weeks. I think he is feeling the pressure to perform and wants to be resigned. I am still undecided on what the Pats will do with him, but it seems like BB likes him

That's the thing.. all three games that we lost were very winnable; we gave those games away. Not once did we get dominated.

Quick quiz: without looking, when was the last time a Tom Brady-led Patriots team lost by more than 7 points?

Re: Anyone want to talk about the Jets game?

Ya gotta have faith that the Pats are the type of team that learns from and improves as a result of analyzing its mistakes. Get healthy. Win the division. Wreak hell.
I'm coming to this thread late (as usual) but I had a very positive thought about the Colts game. Does anyone remember the game in 2001 against the Rams? The Greatest Show on Turf - how we lost that game, and then we were 5-5, and went on a 9-game winning streak to close out the season and win the Super Bowl? BB teams historically peak late - we have a lot of green talent on the defensive side of the ball which obviously hasn't completely gelled yet - what if this turns out to be the pivotal game, and we go on to run the table, including beating the Colts in the playoff rematch?

I'm not saying that WILL happen, but it COULD ... what if?

Hey guys,

I'll be making my 5th (maybe 6th?) straight trip up to Foxboro. Sitting with my buddy who has had Pats season tickets since I think '92. Going to be a good time as always. I really do not see how the Jets can win this game. These teams have done 180's since Week 2 at the Meadowalnds (which yes, was awesome to be at).

For instance:

Pats now have an un-rusty TFB, Welker & Maybo.

Jets are without Kris Jenkins & Leon Washington and have also lost 5 of their last 6, one win being Oakland.

Sure, we keep saying "we're barely losing!" and "we're in every game until the last few plays or play!" but the facts are, we keep finding ways to LOSE games. We are snatching defeat at the jaws of victory.

So no, I don't think you're going to blow us out, even though if Belichick can put 50 on us this week, I know he'd love to. I think it's going to be a close game, within 7-10 points at least, but the Pats come out victorious.

Anyways, we'll be in the lot at Noon on Sunday. Anyone wanna have a beer?

Quick quiz: without looking, when was the last time a Tom Brady-led Patriots team lost by more than 7 points?

Against Miami in 2006?

The Jest pose no big threat Sunday......

Sebastien (Sea-Bass) Vollmer is looking like a real jewel thus far. Wonder what happens to the O-line when Matt Light is ready to play again. Vollmer has to be part of the line going forward now. RT????? He's really impressed me thus far.
Chung will be a solid player also.

Butler? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm jury still out methinks

I like the sound of this.

Don't forget we dropped 34 on the #1 defense in the NFL.

That alone should be a big vote of confidence.

jets are a good defense on their own and every game is different and so is every divison game. .i expect it to be a close contest as always...

Hey guys,

I'll be making my 5th (maybe 6th?) straight trip up to Foxboro. Sitting with my buddy who has had Pats season tickets since I think '92. Going to be a good time as always. I really do not see how the Jets can win this game. These teams have done 180's since Week 2 at the Meadowalnds (which yes, was awesome to be at).

For instance:

Pats now have an un-rusty TFB, Welker & Maybo.

Jets are without Kris Jenkins & Leon Washington and have also lost 5 of their last 6, one win being Oakland.

Sure, we keep saying "we're barely losing!" and "we're in every game until the last few plays or play!" but the facts are, we keep finding ways to LOSE games. We are snatching defeat at the jaws of victory.

So no, I don't think you're going to blow us out, even though if Belichick can put 50 on us this week, I know he'd love to. I think it's going to be a close game, within 7-10 points at least, but the Pats come out victorious.

Anyways, we'll be in the lot at Noon on Sunday. Anyone wanna have a beer?

Better start drinking real early. That'll dull the pain :biggrin2:

Last edited:
I can't wait for the game. It's going to be a killer game with wes back, since he didn't play last game. TB is starting to lose his rust, JETS D WATCH OUT!!:eek:

Better start drinking real early. That'll dull the pain :biggrin2:

Lol.

The last two times I've been to a Jets/Pats game, I've walked out pretty happy. This time, I fear I'll be walking out pissed off.

Hey guys, I only have 52 posts so I can't start a thread so I figured since there isn't a Patriots/Jets pregame talk thread going on here, I'd post it in here for you guys to see and maybe one of you post it as a seperate thread.

We will be without our best Safety, Jim Leonhard, on Sunday, according to Dave Hutchinson who is regarded the Jets best beat writer (screw Cimini and Canazzaro).

Thumb surgery sidelines NY Jets safety Jim Leonhard | New York Jets - - NJ.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes