PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moving Forward: Positives Heading into the Jets Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
This offense is clicking on all cylinders, I cannot wait for this game its going to be great hopefully the got Rexy mic'd up :)
(I think I'll be staying in this thread the rest of the board is yucky)

Last edited:
Re: Anyone want to talk about the Jets game?

Give it up. Move forward.

We're still in good shape to go into the playoffs as one of the top 3-4 teams in the NFL.

Everybody in the world knows that we kicked the Colts *ss for 48 minutes and totally dominated them before letting them back in the game, and that we will be bent on annihilation if we meet them again. Who do you think will be more afraid of that meeting, the Pats or the Colts?

Let's move forward and build on this. I want to see the Pats play the rest of the season with a huge chip on their shoulder from this loss in a cold fury that takes no prisoners. Hopefully the 4th quarter meltdown will destroy any further uses of soft defensive schemes and predictive offensive schemes, and we will go back to the things that make us dominant.

I guarantee you that if we destroy the Jets and beat NO decisively in subsequent weeks we will be 8-3 going to Miami and we will be heavy favorites to win out and go 13-3.
:ditto:

At home. Jets stumble in. I'm pretty confident.

The Jets are a good opponent to be coming in. Before the Colts game, I would have fully expected a rout, but it seems likely there will be a hangover from that game. Given some time to think about it, I do think the defense's hurt feelings are probably the biggest problem with the going for it on 4th and 2.

But I don't think stuff like this lingers long on a BB team--he's too focused on the task at hand. So there will be a hangover, but the Jets are overmatched right now, so the Pats will get a comfortable victory.....and by the following week, they'll be all systems go.

I'll say it now--the Pats will get the second seed. I'd add "and face Indy" again, but I'm not so sure the Colts won't lose their first round game. On we go.

I was thinking of posting a thread on the Colts game, but I was afraid of drowning with land in sight in that endeavour. So here's what I think about the Jets game (influenced by the Colts game).

I think Hoyer will end up closing this game out, but that they won't want to end it that way. The score will be out of hand early. Some of that's motivation, but some of it is...

• Derrick Burgess is starting to show up. I think it was mentioned by some of the realists here that it might be a slow progression for him. This will be a good test and I think he'll pass.
  • Isaiah "The Prophet" Stanback looks like a solid receiver. With Edelman back, that makes 3 solid #3 WR options when you include Aiken.
  • Morris looks to be back. That's huge, and I hope everyone realizes how huge it is. Also, I heard one interview with a player (I forget who) who almost slipped that the RB's were soon to be all back, and then diverted the talk to Sammy.
  • Vollmer is the LT at this point and he's badass. Brady will be baking cakes back there.
  • Brady is all up ons. No doubt, he's coming to play every week now. All kinds of big-plays, the return of the long-ball, and four consecutive 300+ yard games now beats his personal best and I don't think the streak ends Sunday.
  • A win would essentially leave only the Dolphins with even a prayer of sneaking back into the mix and the Pats know this. Missing the playoff's is a much bigger stake than losing home-field advantage and I think this will push the Pats hard.
  • The smell of blood will create a feeding frenzy. If the Jets get soft even for a minute (like we did on Sunday night) the Pats will go for the jugular. They've talked a lot and the Pats owe them a trouncing. Moreover, the sting from Indy will motivate a merciless attack.

Make no mistake guys, this game isn't necessarily a gimme, but it's pretty darn close. I don't expect a win, but a vicious, statement making, headline making F.U. win in our house.

I like the sound of this.

Don't forget we dropped 34 on the #1 defense in the NFL.

That alone should be a big vote of confidence.

Last edited:

I sure hope you're right.

What did Sanchez do in his press conference.

He read a prepared statement (what QB does that) congratulating himself and his teammates on playing hard (in a loss mind you) and defending his play on the field. It was downright bizzare. Someone posted the video of it here on Sunday night and he looked like the pressure was getting to him.

I have to feel like playing all these young guys will help going forward, not just next year but later this year. With each game the entire defensive backfield has to be learning both mentally and physically. We're only just over halfway through the regular season and they have a ton of experience now. Come playoff time, the Butlers, Wilhites, McGowans, etc, should be notably better than they are now.

I have to feel like playing all these young guys will help going forward, not just next year but later this year. With each game the entire defensive backfield has to be learning both mentally and physically. We're only just over halfway through the regular season and they have a ton of experience now. Come playoff time, the Butlers, Wilhites, McGowans, etc, should be notably better than they are now.

Couldnt agree more. The Butlers, the Wilhites, McGowans, and all the other young players will better and dont allow that many points in the 4th quarter. They will learn how to close games, and it takes losses like this to learn how to do this. This game will help them in the long run

It says two things that were the first 6-3 team on many of the power rankings.

1. We are as good as the Saints, Colts, Bengals, Vikings, are record does not show it.

2. We blew games.

It says two things that were the first 6-3 team on many of the power rankings.

1. We are as good as the Saints, Colts, Bengals, Vikings, are record does not show it.

2. We blew games.

That's the thing.. all three games that we lost were very winnable; we gave those games away. Not once did we get dominated.

I think that should be a good sign. We could easily have been 8-1 or 7-2.

I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse, but our 3 losses have been by a combined score of 14 points

I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse, but our 3 losses have been by a combined score of 14 points

Actually, only 11 points.

7 to the Jets.
3 to the Broncos.
1 to the Colts.

So yeah, Pats are barely losing these games and very well could have (or should have) won them all.

I have successfully moved fwd because it was not a season-ending game as it was back in the AFCC or the SB.

Any update on Tulla-Banta's injury?

Actually, only 11 points.

7 to the Jets.
3 to the Broncos.
1 to the Colts.

So yeah, Pats are barely losing these games and very well could have (or should have) won them all.

Well at least the margin is getting closer. And since we only lost by 1 point, we can't make it any closer than that.

This Jets game is no gimme, folks. It's a division game. They match-up well against our strength and I fear that the shock from the Indy loss will not have worn off by late Sunday afternoon.

Ty Warren & Jarvis Green.

Here in NY I see Jets play every week except when Pats are televised here. Jets are fading fast! Sanchez is clueless. He's getting suped up by Wrecks Ryan & NY Media. Press little by little will drop Jets like 3rd period french. Besides Rex is crying now.....LITERALLY! Jets are self destructing no more playing us tough In NE. We can have balance on offense. Teams are running on Jets. Plus Pats Never lost a game after losing a game in yrs. This one looks like 41-17 Pats.

Pats vs Revis & Butthead (aka Rex Ryan).

Time to turn the page and look at our next opponent.

I have a feeling Brady & Moss is going to get a little revenge on the Jets defense this week.

Pats 24 - Jets 10

Re: Pats vs Revis & Butthead (aka Rex Ryan).

Having Welker this time around will be the difference. Hopefully the defense can beat the snot out of Sanchez and get some of their mojo back heading into the New Orleans game.

Re: Pats vs Revis & Butthead (aka Rex Ryan).

Just can't take the Jets serious. We win big. We win by at leasts 17 points

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back