PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mostly Likely Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that Quinn will definitely be a bust. You could absolutely be right that he will become a good NFL quarterback. MY main reasoning is that I don't understand why he is getting top three billing because I watched Notre Dame a lot this year and he rarely looked as good as say Matt Leinart at USC. I realize that USC overall had a much more talented offense but Quinn had a pretty good back, two good wide receivers, and a good tight end. It looked like he got flustered a lot.

I saw the same problems you did with Quinn. He is skittish and he seems to be trying too hard, lacking the calm that the real Brady exhibits. In that sense he reminds me of P. Manning, although B. Quinn is less accurate than P. Manning. On his bad days Quinn plays like Harrington on 'roids. However, I believe he has more charisma and heart than Harrington, and he also has a good knack for not throwing INTs. That is a very important factor for a pro QB, one Harrington couldn't handle. So if I were comparing Quinn to someone, I would say a bit better than Hasselbeck. The advantage a team has drafting Quinn is it took Hasselbeck 5 years to become a decent QB, whereas I think it will take Quinn 2 years. But Quinn is a better prospect than Eli Manning because he has more leadership skills.

Last edited:
most likely to bust

Jarrett: attitude
Levi Brown: Doesn't have the feet, the balance, quickness to play LT
Quentin Moses: not committed
Tank Tyler: fat and sloppy
Merriweather: awesome, but psycho

Brady Quinn - had trouble with any good defense (USC, Michigan)

Sidney Rice - just plain too young to play in the NFL, should have stayed another year.

Ted Ginn - Reminds me of Desmond Howard, which isn't good.

Michael Bush - System RB

Jamaal Anderson - I don't trust players whose stocks rise after the season ends.

sorry i should clarify what i posted earlier...i am not calling quinn a bust, i just think he is overrated, if i had a top 3 pick i would much rather get calvin johnson. i cant beleive he is the consensus (not completely) #1 pick but most mocks have him there...i think he will start in the NFL definitely but i do not think he will be a great qb in the NFL...

sorry i should clarify what i posted earlier...i am not calling quinn a bust, i just think he is overrated, if i had a top 3 pick i would much rather get calvin johnson. i cant beleive he is the consensus (not completely) #1 pick but most mocks have him there...i think he will start in the NFL definitely but i do not think he will be a great qb in the NFL...

Quinn is probably not the next Aikman or Manning. But if you think you can get a franchise QB, when quality Qbs are the rarest athletes on the planet, you have to go for it, whether the player is Russell or Quinn. Otherwise I would take the best big man available, the next rarest athletes on the planet. Since defense can be improved faster than offense, and stopping the run is a must for sustained winning in the NFL, I would take Alan Branch over Joe Thomas. There are dozens of capable receivers, rbs, safeties, Lbers, even cbs, coming out every year. But quality DTs, DEs, OTs, TEs, and 3-4 OLBs are extremely rare, because the combination of size and athleticism is so uncommon. Last year I thought the best player was Vince Young (franchise QB), and then Haloti Ngata, and Ferguson.

Whoever the Browns draft.

Sorry Romero, nothing personal.

Cleveland 1st round picks since 1990
YEAR PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL
2006 13(13) KAMERION WIMBLEY DE FLORIDA STATE
2005 3(3) BRAYLON EDWARDS WR MICHIGAN
2004 6(6) KELLEN WINSLOW TE MIAMI (FLA.)
2003 21(21) JEFF FAINE C NOTRE DAME
2002 16(16) WILLIAM GREEN RB BOSTON COLLEGE
2001 3(3) GERARD WARREN DT FLORIDA
2000 1(1) COURTNEY BROWN DE PENN STATE
1999 1(1) TIM COUCH QB KENTUCKY
1995 30(30) CRAIG POWELL LB OHIO STATE
1994 9(9) ANTONIO LANGHAM DB ALABAMA
1994 29(29) DERRICK ALEXANDER WR MICHIGAN
1993 14(14) STEVE EVERITT C MICHIGAN
1992 9(9) TOMMY VARDELL RB STANFORD
1991 2(2) ERIC TURNER DB UCLA

Wimbley had some 13 sacks or so (too lazy to look up actual number). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft