PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Footballs "A Few Ticks Under"

Not my point. I was responding to the issue of whether the psi was recorded at half-time. It wasn't.

Not really directing it to you. Just saying that even if they recorded it, the Rapaport report would deem it irrelevant.

Now Florio on NBC says that the football PSI were logged at halftime of both the colts and patriots.
personally i think thats bull sht. hes heard that they weren't and hes trying to keep the story going by throwing out new information. Just like the bull sht info thats been circulating for two weeks.

Rappaport is almost always wrong. I was hoping he could be right for once.

Intuitively, it makes sense. The ball on the Colts sideline was gauged at least once (probably several times more) than the other balls, it would be lower. There would be some balls that never left the bag, so they wouldn't have gotten wet, so leather wouldn't expand to drop pressure. They also wouldn't come to equilibrium with temperature as quickly.

What scares me is that a "league source" is denying this report - the league can say whatever they want about what the PSIs were at half-time, their word is gospel. The league can be full of **** and it won't matter, our word v theirs.

We need to start a petition that the Colt's be investigated by the NFL for phony allegations and evidence tampering.

There's still another week or two before the investigation ends.

Rapaport's on NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs

Would they really post it on the official website if it didn't have merit? (That's an honest question. I'm not sure if they've put up contradicting reports on NFL.com about Deflategate.)
I can't speak specifically to the NFL, but from personal experience in a related business, I would be surprised if the web site's editorial content is regularly vetted by anyone working directly for the league office. The league office probably maintains broad oversight in making business decisions about the web site, but specific editorial choices would be made by a media organization or division, which would not be working closely with anyone responsible for overseeing the investigation. Consider that nfl.com in particular runs a lot of opinion pieces, not just NFL-approved reports. They were even running Gregg Easterbrook columns for a long time. I definitely wouldn't assume that a report is either accurate or endorsed by anyone in the NFL's league office just because it appears on nfl.com.

Rap was on Colin Cowherd today. I have loosened my ban on sports radio for Cowherd because of his effusive praise for the Patriots as well as his apology. Anyway, Rap repeated the same thing….only one of the footballs was 2psi under (the intercepted one), and the rest ranged from being a pound to a tick under. But he did say something that caught my attention….in summing up the evidence the league has he says they have the ball, 40 interviews and the numbers from halftime. I thought they didn't record the numbers from halftime but maybe they did.

So...for one friggin ball - which was actually in the possessions of those making those accusations - out of those 12, the NFL had to do 40 interrviews with our staff?

wonder if they will now interview the Colts.

So...for one friggin ball - which was actually in the possessions of those making those accusations - out of those 12, the NFL had to do 40 interrviews with our staff?

Doubt it!! I do find it interesting that Vincent did throw the Colts GM under the bus.

Yep. Specifically how many times they tested the ball on their own sidelines. I've read that as much as 0.25 psi can leak out when a needle is inserted/removed, if the equip manager tested it, then re-tested to show Grigson, then re-tested to show Kensil, all of a sudden down by 1 psi is down by 1.75 psi.

This isn't rocket science. If the other balls were tested and shown to be 'just a tick' under, or even under by 1 psi, the atmospheric conditions 100% exonerate the Patriots, and the lone 2-psi-under ball was retested at least once and perhaps multiple times, skewing the data.

Yep. Specifically how many times they tested the ball on their own sidelines. I've read that as much as 0.25 psi can leak out when a needle is inserted/removed, if the equip manager tested it, then re-tested to show Grigson, then re-tested to show Kensil, all of a sudden down by 1 psi is down by 1.75 psi.

This isn't rocket science. If the other balls were tested and shown to be 'just a tick' under, or even under by 1 psi, the atmospheric conditions 100% exonerate the Patriots, and the lone 2-psi-under ball was retested at least once and perhaps multiple times, skewing the data.

You clearly know nothing about how to run a witch hunt. You NEVER let evidence cloud your judgement.:)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back