Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm i have a list lol

Defense:

Starks - i have nightmares about him in coverage lol
Samuel & Wilson - Both kinda just dissappeared this year
Beisel and Brown - Both were major busts, Beisel i think should have more time

Offense:

TE's - they just dont produce.. not sure if its under utilizing or they just dont get open
Bethel - Just hasnt done anything this year..

Last edited:
PatsSteve1 said:
3rd Round Draft Pick Marquise Hill has been a disapointment. They don't even make him active except for the last game of the year when they play backups. He doesn't even see the field otherwise.

This is my choice, also. Sure expected him to get into rotation, Wasn't he a 2nd rd?

Here we are getting ready for our first playoff game, and we have a thread about biggest disappointments.:eek:

C Brown and Beisel those LBs made our D weaker than the previous year. I can only hope BB gets rid of both of them....

It's a..................

it's a TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beisel the whiner,......and D (not as in D-fense) uane "hey how did my jock get around my ankles" Starks...........congratulations boys .....you truly sucked this season.............However, maybe Beisel will be the HERO of the playoffs.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Monty.........!!!

braveht said:
This is my choice, also. Sure expected him to get into rotation, Wasn't he a 2nd rd?

Yeah you're right. He was the Pats 3rd pick that year, but 2nd round. Which only makes it worse -:) Even undrafted FA M Wright is active every week over this guy.

How could Hill be a 'disappointment' ?? Who was he going to replace - Warren? Seymour? Green? The guy is behind some studs and got nearly zero time to play because of it.

Wilson, for me anyhow, has been a major disappointment this year. When Rodney went down it was time for Wilson to shine and instead he has almost vanished. Whole games go by without a whiff of the guy's name coming up. I figured him to be a much bigger factor...

NEM said:
I agree about Bethel. I really expected a lot from him.

Now I believe we have a gem in Andre Davis...bigger than Bethel, gets open deep, and lcan run back kicks. Look for him to be a main cog next season.
IF we can resign him... he's an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Starks. By far. Had hopes he would be a shutdown cover corner. :rofl: Saw him look terrible in camp, long before he bit any bullets, real or imagined.

Disappointment: the ratio between hope and reality. So Bethel and Klecko for me. I had such high hopes!

Chris said:
Hmm i have a list lol

Defense:

Starks - i have nightmares about him in coverage lol
Samuel & Wilson - Both kinda just dissappeared this year
Beisel and Brown - Both were major busts, Beisel i think should have more time

Offense:

TE's - they just dont produce.. not sure if its under utilizing or they just dont get open
Bethel - Just hasnt done anything this year..

I think its hard to be too dissapointed in Wilson. He is a (3rd year?) safety who has had to try to keep the entire secondary together. He had to try to just limit the big plays (which i admit he didnt do well in the beginning of the year), and because of this, he hasnt been able to show his stuff. If Rodney was in the lineup, you would not be calling wilson a dissapointment.

I think Asante has been more of a dissapointment, but similarly, he has has to play very soft to limit the big play as well.

Off topic, but its getting quite annoying when our secondary makes a big hit on a guy after they make a first down completion.

i miss rodney :(

NEM said:
I agree about Bethel. I really expected a lot from him.

Now I believe we have a gem in Andre Davis...bigger than Bethel, gets open deep, and lcan run back kicks. Look for him to be a main cog next season.

I have an inexplicable fondness for Andre Davis. Even though like 80% of balls thrown his way end up on the ground, I somehow think he can be really good for us in the next couple years.

I think it's unfair to assume players have bad attitudes and such when we know they have injuries.

Duane Starks was never healthy from training camp on.

Out of 4 limbs, we know at least a leg and shoulder weren't working right.

They IR'd 5 other DBs and weren't ready to use Hobbs. I don't care if he comes back or not, but he was never in decent playing shape.

Bethel Johnson might get beaten out, but he wasn't at top speed this year.
For a speed guy, having a screw in your ankle and being on crutches during camp is not the way you want to start.

Although he wasn't used as a receiver much, he did contributer on defensive kick coverage. On kickoff returns, it was obvious to me he was never at full speed.

My nominations are Marquise Hill and Dan Klecko.

Seymour missed a number of games early. Hill's supposed to be a Seymour Clone. If he doesn't see time then, when????

While Klecko was available, Seymour injured himself run blocking.

Wilfork was showing signs of fatigue but had no backup.

Before Bruschi's return, we were dying for a run stuffer at ILB.

I don't see the versatility. Being ineffective at many positions is still ineffective. I think Izzo is the only "special teamer" we intend to carry and he can play some linebacker in an emergency.

Beisel and Brown both contribute less than Bethel at this point.

Last edited:
1 -Monty Beisel
2 - Chad Brown
3 - Starks
4 - Klecko
5 - Hill

at 6th place Bethel.

I think the critcism of Beisel is a little harsh.

He was brought in to be an understudy to Bruschi and TJ - and got thrust into the starters position in a very key position (and one in which the best/most important player plays)

As for the his comments in the press - I am sure it was just a reaction to his own disappointment and the witch hunt that began when the Pats couldnt live up to their pre-season billing.

I am disappointed in Duane Starks contribution the most (not a really a comment on his effort levels) mainly because what he achieved was so far beneath what I thought he would.

Ps - Beisel could still have a large part to play in the playoffs for the Pats - it must be great for him to see his fanbase have such faith in him.

NM

Last edited:
Now I know my disappointment with Bruschi is justified - CBS Sportsline's "legendary" columnists have all overlooked him for Come Back Player of the Year. There can be no doubt that he was a failure when such "luminaries" of the Sports Media are looking elsewhere.

NEM said:
Here's what I would do on Saturday. Because Bethel has been invisible...I start him and on the first play from scrimmage, I go play action to Dillon and throw a long deep post patern to Bethel. They will never be loking for it.

OF COURSE they'd be looking for it, simply because he's in the game. He did the same thing for a touchdown against Tennessee in the playoffs a couple years ago, if you'll recall.

I changed my mind. I have a new twist on this post.

Several posters are right. Disappointment must be in comparison with expectations. So unless people expected great things from Klecko, Hill, Beisel and Brown, I would suggested that they are not eligible as huge disappointments.

STARKS (#3)
He was injured, and probably WON US a couple of games by playing hurt instead of wussing out like some the rest did (Poole and Gay come to mind). Even if the injuries were the cause, giving a 3rd and getting little performance must rate a nomination.

WILSON (#2)
I expected Wilson to be taking a next step to being a probowl safety. Some here think he could be a probowl corner in the future. The injuries gave Wilson a chance to really step forward. Instead, he took a huge step backwards, and IMHO is still behind his last year's standard.

HARRISON (#1)
Is there any doubt that our biggest disappointment is the production from Harrison compared to what was expected? It is not Harrison's fault, but is that the question? If it is then Wilson is clearly #1, since injuries are the cause of the disappointments we have in Harrison and Starks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back