Status
Not open for further replies.

pats60

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know most every one will say monte beisal or Chad Brown .Forget
Starks injuries may have hurt him.
Mine is bethal johnson .
I can`t think of any game he stood out and i said WOW.

Tedy Bruschi, the bum took half the season off, sheesh.

I would have to say Bethel too. I was in his corner while everyone else dogged him. I think the fact that he wasn't even returning kicks yesterday shows just how far he has fallen.

wake up bethel

NEM said:
I agree about Bethel. I really expected a lot from him.

Now I believe we have a gem in Andre Davis...bigger than Bethel, gets open deep, and lcan run back kicks. Look for him to be a main cog next season.
bethel may get cut before he gets it. a HUGE disappointment. like parcells says, between labor day and new years day, football players play football. they don't sit in hot tubs. i never thought i'd see an A&M player with his attitude toward the game.
with his pedigree, though, he'll get picked up again and again.
if he chooses to play football, i'd take bethel over davis. IMHO bethel is at least a step faster than Davis. remember we're talking about a 4.28 at the combine. bethel runs backs kicks too. i remember a kickoff runback for a TD that embarassed tony dungy in the hoosierdome. bethel gets open deep. i recall several catches from a full layout last year.

Well this is an uplifting thread! My pick is Monty.....his hot wife aside! Not only did he not catch on with the system, he constantly threw his teammates under the bus and threw that hissy fit because big, bad Tom Curran criticized his play. Not Patriots material at all! We don't need those do-nothing, pretty boy types here! Klecko and Bethel get honorable mentions. Klecko must have neked pictures of someone!

Klecko

a second place for Beisel

Don't forget Bethel had the foot injury before training camp and has been on the injury report just about all season with a thigh injury.

If you're going to let Starks off the hook because of injury, you must do the same for Bethel.

re:

Starks for me, followed by Beisel, and then Corey Dillon.

Bill's Girl said:
Well this is an uplifting thread! My pick is Monty.....his hot wife aside! Not only did he not catch on with the system, he constantly threw his teammates under the bus and threw that hissy fit because big, bad Tom Curran criticized his play. Not Patriots material at all! We don't need those do-nothing, pretty boy types here!

I'll second that motion.

Lots of players disappoint - but not only did Biesel disappoint, he went off the reservation and blamed his fellow teammates for his poor play

...and then, demonstrating his excellent public relations skills, he goes Ryan Leaf on a reporter we all recognize as tough but fair.

Starks gets my honorable mention because we gave up a decent draft pick to get him...

Last edited:
re:

I originally said Starks, Beisel, then Dillon. Those 3 had the biggest difference between my expectation and actual performance.

However, I think it might be unfair to list players who had injuries which influenced performance. Apparently Starks bit the bullet for the team (so he says), we know Dillon was hurt, and Bethel was hurt as well.

So Beisel moves up to #1, followed by Chad Brown and Dan Klecko.

The Pats could lose those 3 guys and not miss a beat.

If David Terrell counts, then he's in there somewhere too.

Last edited:
Different players disappointed me for different reasons:

Tyrone Poole - For making it clear that he didn't care about playing for the team. He pulled this schtick two years ago as well. Just retire.

Duane Starks - For making the lack of physicality comment, and for not being of much service to the team after we gave up a 3rd round pick to get him.

Monty Beisel - Didn't expect as much from him as many others did honestly, but his attitude sucks. Doesn't help that he's not playing all that well either.

Chad Brown - Knowing that he's aging and a shell of his former self, I still expected him to contribute more than he did.

Corey Dillon - Wasn't expecting him to match last season's output, but I mean, damn. He looked more like Antowain Smith than Corey Dillon for most of the year.

Dan Klecko - Thought he was going to step up and join in on the DL/LB rotation. Seems like Mike Wright and Tully Banta Cain have him beat.

One name I was going to list was Benjamin Watson, but I cut him some slack considering it is basically his rookie season, having missed all of last year due to injury. He'll be a Pro Bowler in a few seasons.

Last edited:
BoTown said:
One name I was going to list was Benjamin Watson, but I cut him some slack considering it is basically his rookie season, having missed all of last year due to injury. He'll be a Pro Bowler in a few seasons.

Wouldn't bet on it. The Patriots system makes it hard for wide receivers and tight ends to put up big stats.

Watson will become a great and valuable pro, ala Daniel Graham, who stays under the radar while doing many things that help the team win every week.

IMO...Ben Watson. I was expecting alot more offense then what he brought.

Starks made me REALLY upset. But he was REALLY injured.

Bethel is kind of a meathead. He has the talent, but he seems to me as smart as Mike Bishop was. Not very.

Ben was supposed to be this big stud with smarts. OK, I am waiting...

3rd Round Draft Pick Marquise Hill has been a disapointment. They don't even make him active except for the last game of the year when they play backups. He doesn't even see the field otherwise.

PatsSteve1 said:
3rd Round Draft Pick Marquise Hill has been a disapointment. They don't even make him active except for the last game of the year when they play backups. He doesn't even see the field otherwise.

This is my choice, also. Sure expected him to get into rotation, Wasn't he a 2nd rd?

Beisel for me. Some others like Bethel and Starks have injuries that had an effect.

braveht said:
This is my choice, also. Sure expected him to get into rotation, Wasn't he a 2nd rd?
Yeah, last pick of the 2nd round :(

Brady. I was so disappointed that he never returned a kickoff for a TD.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
IMO...Ben Watson. I was expecting alot more offense then what he brought.

Starks made me REALLY upset. But he was REALLY injured.

Bethel is kind of a meathead. He has the talent, but he seems to me as smart as Mike Bishop was. Not very.

Ben was supposed to be this big stud with smarts. OK, I am waiting...

Biesel is a pretty boy???? That makes me feel good about myself then...cuz I KNOW that I am better looking then him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back