PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still waiting to hear the back story on how the relationship with new England soured. There's been lots of innuendo from the mediots and reportards, but I'd rather hear it from the participants themselves.

I'm happy to give my interpretation

Love Randy but hes a complicated dude. This almost exactly how it went down in MN.

I think as the years went by Randy finally realized it wasn't personal w/ the Pats. It was business. Sometimes Rand had a tough time differentiating the two.
  1. Randy wanted a new deal
  2. Pats said not yet.
  3. Randy felt unwanted (I'm serious about that)
  4. Pats were moving to a 2TE offense and away from all Rand all the time. All kinds of thoughts are filling his head.
  5. Randy became concerned about his numbers. Felt disrespected. Felt the team was doing it on purpose to keep his dollars low.
  6. Distrust in the air.
  7. Got on TB12 to throw him the ball more. Tom tried and the offense was in flux.
  8. All came to a head when Randy lolly-gagged vs MIA. Got in BOBs grill vs MIA on Monday might for not getting looks. That didn't go well...
  9. BB had enough.
  10. Traded.

Last edited:
People outside of NE don't understand the amount of work Tom Brady put in that team.

Well considering how active Tom was during the suspension I'd be shocked to find there is ANY Moss on Tom Brady.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal.

:rolleyes:

Love Randy but hes a complicated dude. This almost exactly how it went down in MN.

I think as the years went by Randy finally realized it wasn't personal w/ the Pats. It was business. Sometimes Rand had a tough time differentiating the two.
  2. Pats said not yet.
  4. Pats were moving to a 2TE offense and away from all Rand all the time. All kinds of thoughts are filling his head.
  5. Randy became concerned about his numbers. Felt disrespected. Felt the team was doing it on purpose to keep his dollars low.
  6. Distrust in the air.
  7. Got on TB12 to throw him the ball more. Tom tried and the offense was in flux.
  8. All came to a head when Randy lolly-gagged vs MIA. Got in BOBs grill vs MIA on Monday might for not getting looks. That didn't go well...
  9. BB had enough.
  10. Traded.

Point 4 i find interstimg because in the BB A football life, Bill talks about how teams who were able to lock down on moss and welker were hurting them. I always liked that part because I think that really foreshaddowed the change in the offense. Even though are defense in 2010 relied on a million turnovers, It was still kind of smoke and mirrors. we did not have much of a pass rush. I always wonder what might have happened if we had moss that year. I think the lack of a deep threat just killed us in that game against the Jets

Well considering how active Tom was during the suspension I'd be shocked to find there is ANY Moss on Tom Brady.

Thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal.

:rolleyes:

I hate you.

Point 4 i find interstimg because in the BB A football life, Bill talks about how teams who were able to lock down on moss and welker were hurting them. I always liked that part because I think that really foreshaddowed the change in the offense. Even though are defense in 2010 relied on a million turnovers, It was still kind of smoke and mirrors. we did not have much of a pass rush. I always wonder what might have happened if we had moss that year. I think the lack of a deep threat just killed us in that game against the Jets

You don't need to wonder because Randy checked out. Plus his skill level started to decline and was losing what quickness he had. Revis was in his prime and would have owned him.

The lack of a deep threat was not why they lost that game. The defense made Dirty Sanchez look like the second coming of Joe Montana. Horrible on 3rd down. Turnovers. Penalties. Special teams gaffes. Couldn't run the ball vs a 3/4 man front. Brady was rattled. Saw ghosts.

What a terrible, terrible day. Top 5 worst in Patriots history.

One thing doesn't ring true, that Tom had the knee surgery, was wearing a knee brace, and was trying to convince people a week after the injury that he could play anyway while wearing the brace and that he shouldn't go on IR.

He may have gotten the surgery, wore the brace, and worked out by throwing passes a week later, but he was placed on IR the day after the injury (9/8), so playing was not an option. It just DOES show how dedicated he was to rehab and his love of football, though.

2008 Patriots transactions dates: 2008 New England Patriots Transactions: Free Agency, Trades & more

You don't need to wonder because Randy checked out. Plus his skill level started to decline and was losing what quickness he had. Revis was in his prime and would have owned him.

The lack of a deep threat was not why they lost that game. The defense made Dirty Sanchez look like the second coming of Joe Montana. Horrible on 3rd down. Turnovers. Penalties. Special teams gaffes. Couldn't run the ball vs a 3/4 man front. Brady was rattled. Saw ghosts.

What a terrible, terrible day. Top 5 worst in Patriots history.
Your comment made me think of what I would consider the five worst days in Patriot history. I think everyone would agree that Super Bowl XLII is at the top of the list. For me, the next would be the Super Bowl loss to the Bears, then the Ben Dreith robbery in the 1976 playoffs, then Super Bowl XLVI, and finally the Jets playoff game you mention.

Your comment made me think of what I would consider the five worst days in Patriot history. I think everyone would agree that Super Bowl XLII is at the top of the list. For me, the next would be the Super Bowl loss to the Bears, then the Ben Dreith robbery in the 1976 playoffs, then Super Bowl XLVI, and finally the Jets playoff game you mention.

September 7, 2008, when Tom's knee was messed up, must be on there too.

To sum up Moss' 2010 season:

Watching that second video I really feel Moss' quickly realised how big a mistake he made by getting out of New England. He had big issues with Brad Childress which led to him getting cut right after the Patriots' game. A bummer that his career ended with a stint with the irrelevant Tennessee Titans and a Super Bowl loss with the 49ers.

Yea. I was too young to follow the Pats in 76 but I guess if I was to name a top 5

1. 42
2. 46
3. 2006 Indy
4. NYJ AFC Div 2010
5. BAL 2012 AFCCG

SB42 by far the worse. Moss should have had his SB and our 19-0 season.

I'm sure this has been posted before and viewed by many on the board, but I wanted to post this anyway because Brady is awesome! This is why he's great, not PSI or any of the other nonsense we've seen and heard over the years. Enjoy, fam.

Taking 3-5-7 step drops in the locker room. Gonna try to play with an torn ACL.

God disguised as Tom Brady.

Yup, those are mine. In the exact same order.

2. Pats said not yet.
  6. Distrust in the air.
  9. BB had enough.
  10. Traded.

You pretty much nailed it. He had great years in 2007, 2008 (even with Cassell as QB) and 2009 and wanted a new deal and was quite vocal about it. The Patriots said no, not right now. Randy felt unwanted and I still remember the press interview after a game when he went off script and went on a long rant about not being wanted and that this would be the last year with the Patriots. Rumblings had begun that Randy skills had eroded. Him and Welker were no longer the focus of the offense as the Patriots were moving to a more diversified offense. I remember the last game he played, he didn't have a catch and broke some streak Randy had. I still can see Moss off to the side, away from everybody else and looking so sad and dejected. Him and O'Brien had got into a heated argument during the game. Bill had enough and he was traded a few days afterward. Later it looks like Moss regretted his actions and had nothing but praise for BB, Brady and the Patriots. 2010 was the beginning of the end for Moss as he never recaptured the success he had in NE and retired a couple of years later.

2010 was the beginning of the end for Moss as he never recaptured the success he had in NE and retired a couple of years later.
Actually Moss retired right after the 2010 season. After getting cut by the Vikings he was claimed by the Titans where he had six catches for 80 yards in eight games. He decided to make a comeback in February 2012. I still remember that there were quite a few Pats fans who wanted the Patriots to sign him. Ended up on the 49ers where he had 28 catches for 434 yards and three TDs (I never had the impression though that Smith and Kaepernick knew how to utilise him even considering that his abilities had diminished) and a Super Bowl loss. After that he retired for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back