PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted before and viewed by many on the board, but I wanted to post this anyway because Brady is awesome! This is why he's great, not PSI or any of the other nonsense we've seen and heard over the years. Enjoy, fam.

I'm sure this has been posted before and viewed by many on the board, but I wanted to post this anyway because Brady is awesome! This is why he's great, not PSI or any of the other nonsense we've seen and heard over the years. Enjoy, fam.

Brady's success is NOT due to cheating??!!

Why do you hate the Rats and are indifferent to their suffering?

Shame Moss didn't end up here earlier. Props to McNabb too over the years for not being a whiny ***** and using excuses like being sick or being cheated out of the SB.

Fox Sports execs were pissed because that segment was only supposed to last 1 minute but McNabb lost track of time again...
And he didn't even have to do any running this time . . .;)

Shame Moss didn't end up here earlier.
A bigger shame in my opinion is the 2008 season. I think when the Patriots got Moss he had two years at All-Pro level and another two to three years at Pro Bowl level left. 2008 was erased by Brady's ACL tear. And then in 2010 he catapulted himself out of town.

The best thing about great videos like that is how they lead you to more. I just spent close to an hour watching Brady and Pats videos. Thanks @PatsBoy12 for sending me off in the right direction.

The best thing about great videos like that is how they lead you to more. I just spent close to an hour watching Brady and Pats videos. Thanks @PatsBoy12 for sending me off in the right direction.
My pleasure, 1960. I do the same thing. LOL I'm off today and have time to inundate myself with Patriots stuff.

A bigger shame in my opinion is the 2008 season. I think when the Patriots got Moss he had two years at All-Pro level and another two to three years at Pro Bowl level left. 2008 was erased by Brady's ACL tear. And then in 2010 he catapulted himself out of town.

I am still waiting to hear the back story on how the relationship with new England soured. There's been lots of innuendo from the mediots and reportards, but I'd rather hear it from the participants themselves.

Love Moss thanks great video!

My pleasure, 1960. I do the same thing. LOL I'm off today and have time to inundate myself with Patriots stuff.

We've got a great day for that.

Earlier this morning I decided to check in on the sports talk radio stations here. I figured with Tom Brady's first game back yesterday and Big Poppi's possible last game coming today, that the stations on my car radio that are listed as sports stations would be buzzing. Nope. They were talking about themselves, the election and the quality of movies made by Bill Murray. When will I ever learn.

Shame Moss didn't end up here earlier. Props to McNabb too over the years for not being a whiny ***** and using excuses like being sick or being cheated out of the SB.

I wonder if part of that with McNabb is his own experience with ridiculous, baseless media-generated controversy. After going through what he went through with Rush Limbaugh on MNF, I can see how that might translate to him being hesitant to buy into media hysterics.

We've got a great day for that.

Earlier this morning I decided to check in on the sports talk radio stations here. I figured with Tom Brady's first game back yesterday and Big Poppi's possible last game coming today, that the stations on my car radio that are listed as sports stations would be buzzing. Nope. They were talking about themselves, the election and the quality of movies made by Bill Murray. When will I ever learn.
Zo and Bertrand was decent today, and I'm talking more about the call-ins than the hosts. Bertrand was happy at least and all positive vibes, as I find him to be a overly negative sometimes. I'm just glad that I can do nothing but Pats today, especially after that magnificent (mostly) game yesterday. The offense looked how it was supposed to look finally. I appreciate Jimmy G and Jacoby, but the offense just didn't look "normal" with them (for obvious reasons). The band is back together again.

I wonder if part of that with McNabb is his own experience with ridiculous, baseless media-generated controversy. After going through what he went through with Rush Limbaugh on MNF, I can see how that might translate to him being hesitant to buy into media hysterics.
Don't go giving him too much credit. He was one of the mediots talking about rumblings of a QB change in early 2014.

Anyone who knows football will tell you that at receiver, Moss is the GOAT and not Rice. Look at what he and Tom did in the shortest of time frames and tell me he's not the best. Hence why i always say GIVE TOM A DEEP THREAT because clearly some people must have not been watching his throws yesterday if they still say his 'long ball' is mediocre.

Don't go giving him too much credit. He was one of the mediots talking about rumblings of a QB change in early 2014.

That's different to me, because the people writing the Pats' obituary in 2014 were at least basing their hot takes on things that had actually happened and happened on the field. They turned out to be wrong, but at least they were wrong purely in the realm of doing their job as it's supposed to be done, analyzing stuff that actually happened on the field of play. You could get that wrong while operating in good faith and making some genuine attempt to responsibly do your job. Based on that I don't hold it too much against guys like McNabb and Dilfer.

The spygate/deflategate hysterics are much different to me because any former player should have recognized them for the non-stories that they were. Any player who chose to buy into that nonsense was essentially smearing Brady and the Pats in order to stroke their own egos and signal their virtue to a general public that they knew was ignorant and easily misled on these topics. So I came out of that with a bit of respect for the former players who declined to engage in it, and a lot of respect for the players, like Dilfer, who made the conscious decision to take the hard path and fight back against the misinformation.

I am still waiting to hear the back story on how the relationship with new England soured. There's been lots of innuendo from the mediots and reportards, but I'd rather hear it from the participants themselves.
Wasn't it because he wanted a new deal? He was in the last year of the three-year contract he signed in the 2008 offseason. Think he said something along the lines of not feeling wanted in New England anymore. Belichick wasn't willing to put up with that and once a suitable offer came along he shipped Moss off to the Vikings. I think Moss quickly regretted that move. If I'm not wrong he was talking about how great the Patriots are during his return to Foxborough with the Vikings a few weeks later.

That's different to me, because the people writing the Pats' obituary in 2014 were at least basing their hot takes on things that had actually happened and happened on the field. They turned out to be wrong, but at least they were wrong purely in the realm of doing their job as it's supposed to be done, analyzing stuff that actually happened on the field of play. You could get that wrong while operating in good faith and making some genuine attempt to responsibly do your job. Based on that I don't hold it too much against guys like McNabb and Dilfer.

The spygate/deflategate hysterics are much different to me because any former player should have recognized them for the non-stories that they were. Any player who chose to buy into that nonsense was essentially smearing Brady and the Pats in order to stroke their own egos and signal their virtue to a general public that they knew was ignorant and easily misled on these topics. So I came out of that with a bit of respect for the former players who declined to engage in it, and a lot of respect for the players, like Dilfer, who made the conscious decision to take the hard path and fight back against the misinformation.
I hear you and think your point is valid. However, I'll point out that since about 2012 a lot of those same people were predicting the demise of Tom Brady and there was zero evidence of that on the field. Those same writers were downplaying the decline of Manning and continued to do so down to the end, even though it was evident on the field. So, while I do see your point as being very valid, BFTW, I still think you're giving them a bit too much credit. Even in 2014, I think the talk of the dynasty being done was a bit overblown. All anyone had to do was look at the roster, the coaching staff and the pedigree to know the Pats would right the ship. But instead, they chose to sensationalize things. No matter how much good faith there is in media, it's still ratings-driven and, as such, they'll always engage in hyperbole and "the sky is falling" reporting. All types of reporting suffer from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes