PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Bad Rep by Media is as Overblown as BB's Bad Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is BS'ing about his past?

You are.

Your initial post said his bad rep was because of the fake moon, leaving a blowout game early, and what he did in Oakland. That's complete BS. You're either naive or dishonest.

As has been pointed out several times here, he has had many more problems than that. I distictly remember his rep was so bad that when I watched the draft in 1998 I was glad the Patriots passed him over and picked Robert Edwards instead.

The reality about Moss is this: he did some bad things, and he has since matured and figured out what it's all about.

You are.

Your initial post said his bad rep was because of the fake moon, leaving a blowout game early, and what he did in Oakland. That's complete BS. You're either naive or dishonest.

As has been pointed out several times here, he has had many more problems than that. I distictly remember his rep was so bad that when I watched the draft in 1998 I was glad the Patriots passed him over and picked Robert Edwards instead.

The reality about Moss is this: he did some bad things, and he has since matured and figured out what it's all about.

good decision:rolleyes:

You are. Your initial post said his bad rep was because of the fake moon, leaving a blowout game early, and what he did in Oakland. That's complete BS. You're either naive or dishonest.

You must have a severe mental deficiency, or a reading comprehension problem. Only a moron like yourself would not understand what the first post and title are saying.

Xzibit put it best, for those like alamo who are a little slow: "At the end of the day, he isnt a choir boy and I dont think anyone has ever claimed as much, so let's not turn this around and make this about that. However, his negative reputation, both on and off the field, has been sensantionalized to the Nth degree by the media."

Last edited:
So a white kid says "******" (edited to remove racial slur)and deserves to get jumped? Give me a break man. If everyone deserved that every time they said a racial slur we wouldn't have enough hospitals. Look guys, open your damn eyes. Moss had a bad past. It seems as if he has matured, he hasn't been in actual trouble in years, and as long as he wins he's ok. But some of you people are ridiculous. I wonder if your white son got jumped like that you'd think he deserved it. Give me a break people, have some perspective.

I know a couple of people that if you said that word to them, you wouldn't get off as lightly as just getting beat up. They'd just shoot you.

I doubt there isn't a black high school kid in the country that wouldn't try to beat the crap out of some white kid that said that word.

That's not the point tho, Randy is far from an angel, but his "bad rap" is way overblown as the OP said.

As for the incident in high school, I can't find an in depth account of what actually happened, but IIRC from what I have read in the past, the slur wasn't said about Randy or his friend, it was something said to them about Randy's girlfriend (who was white). Don't quote me on that cause I can't find it.

Last edited:
As someone who is surrounded by rednecks, I would like to see more of them get the living shyt kicked out of them for being racist azzholes. These people are ******s, they only understand one thing.

Spygate, essentially doing 60 in a 45mph zone

I liked this part. That's exactly how I see it, but this is the best way I've seen it described.

I liked this part. That's exactly how I see it, but this is the best way I've seen it described.

Yeah I have used the 60 in a 45mph and 'penalized a DUI for essentially speeding' analogies every since spygate, and I've noticed some national writers have started to catch on.

Dunno if it originated from this site and myself, but I do think it's a fitting analogy.

So a white kid says "nigger" and deserves to get jumped?

How do you know it wasn't serial harrassment, or that the redneck didn't want to own him? Would you let somebody own you? It's HS and you see these people every day. There is no escape.

You must have a severe mental deficiency, or a reading comprehension problem. Only a moron like yourself would not understand what the first post and title are saying.

Xzibit put it best, for those like alamo who are a little slow: "At the end of the day, he isnt a choir boy and I dont think anyone has ever claimed as much, so let's not turn this around and make this about that. However, his negative reputation, both on and off the field, has been sensantionalized to the Nth degree by the media."

So what you are saying is, your first post was so poorly written that I needed to read Xzibit's post to understand what you meant? I understood your post completely, and apparently the fact I don't agree with your point means that I must not be properly understanding your golden words.

Moss' rep was earned by Moss. Period. Pretty much everything the media talked about happened. The media always makes a big deal of everything, but it dies down and goes away if future events counteract it or at least don't reinforce it. In Moss' case things kept happening to reinforce Moss' bad image.

I think the media opinion of him was essentially correct, but he has since learned and changed. I think he's genuinely been motivated to change his ways, and has had a support system here that made it easier for him to do so.

Moss' rep was earned by Moss. Period. .

Question to you alamo: Is Belichick's rep earned by Belichick?

If no, then you sound like a hypocrite.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is, your first post was so poorly written that I needed to read Xzibit's post to understand what you meant? I understood your post completely, and apparently the fact I don't agree with your point means that I must not be properly understanding your golden words.

Moss' rep was earned by Moss. Period. Pretty much everything the media talked about happened. The media always makes a big deal of everything, but it dies down and goes away if future events counteract it or at least don't reinforce it. In Moss' case things kept happening to reinforce Moss' bad image.

I think the media opinion of him was essentially correct, but he has since learned and changed. I think he's genuinely been motivated to change his ways, and has had a support system here that made it easier for him to do so.

Yes, but does the media HAVE to talk about everything that happened and present that as the full picture of a man? What about his charity work? What about his "football intelligence" that really has only been talked about publicly this year after BB and TB brought it up? What about his training methods?

Chester Pitts, OL for the Texans got stopped for DUI just a few weeks ago...did that make national news? Is he now a "bad" guy?

Like I said earlier, on a scale of 1-10 for trouble, I'd say Moss was around 3-4, yet the media has portrayed him more an 8, ie just short of Vick/Pacman Jones level. Your posts seem to imply the same, you feel like he was an 8 and now he's reformed.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is, your first post was so poorly written that I needed to read Xzibit's post to understand what you meant?.

Plenty of people understood the first post and title.
Guys like Xzibit had to repeat it in much easier terms for the Yellow Bus kids on this forum, such as yourself for example.

Moss has gotten a bad rep by the media. I personally don't blame him for the incident in high school. If I were in his position, I would have probable helped beat the **** out of the bigot too. They should realize their is a consequence for being a bigot.

That's an extremely naive and frankly, anyone who doesn't learn to I think the media opinion of him was essentially correct, but he has since learned and changed. I think he's genuinely been motivated to change his ways, and has had a support system here that made it easier for him to do so.

You see, you're making the mistake of thinking that the only way the media can paint a false picture of someone is by misreporting what they've done, and since that hasn't happened with Moss...his media image is an accurate portrayal of who he really is. But thats not true, you can accurately report facts, but at the same time selectively pick which facts you want to report about and focus on, and thus still manage to paint an inaccurate and misleading picture of an individual like Moss.

You claim you haven't seen anything about him that "counteracts" his negative image. Actually, you haven't seen anything REPORTED about him that counteracts his negative image, which is a big difference. There are many things naysayers dont know about Moss, like how he was a regular visitor at specific childrens hospitals in Minnesota. How he would regularly spend an entire day with kids in these hospitals, but made sure there were no cameras, and made sure the staff didn't go around telling people about his visits. Think about that, to this day, a lot of people dont know about the huge gestures and time he spent with these kids, and thats exactly how he would want it. Dont you think that says more about him than what the media reports?

Last edited:
My favorite player in the NFL and has been since day 1 on the Vikes. There is no one more naturally gifted playing in football. The man is a human highlight reel.

Communication breakdown...

It's always the same...

:(

Last edited:
Moss and his fellow athlete thought a white kid had carved "All N****** Must Die" on a desk. They didn't know, they thought. Then Moss's friend started a fight with the kid. Moss finished the fight by stomping on him while he was on unconscious on the ground, giving him a lacerated spleen, a concussion, blood around his kidneys, and fluid around his liver. He was originally charged with a major felony, but the star athlete who had been big time news in West Virginia since he was a freshman got a deal cut so that he could not only plead out for a misdemeanor but serve three days, go play football and finish his sentence (30 days total) in the off-season.

Like an idiot he smoked pot the day he was supposed to go back in so his sentence was moved from 30 days to 60 days. Even FSU kicked him out then and he went to 1-AA Marshall. At Marshall, he got in a "domestic dispute" with the mother of his daughter but the girlfriend didn't press charges when they both agreed to go to counseling. There's always been something from going after refs to "I pay when I want to play" to hitting the meter maid with his car to the loafing and pot charges.

Randy Moss has been everything bad about athletes since he was first in the spotlight as a freshman in high school. It has not been overblown. Hopefully he really has reformed permanently. But if he was on any other team, people on this board wouldn't be defending him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back