PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More trash from CBSSportsLine/Don Shula

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have anything to worry about.

The 1972 Dolphins suffer the eternal taint of having played the easiest schedule in NFL history.

ZERO playoff teams
ZERO teams better than 8-6
TWO winning teams

The 2007 Patriots will have no such problem. Our schedule includes Dallas, Indy, Pitt and SD.

If anyone here actual cares that somebody calls the Pats cheaters (I don't) they can point out that the Commissioner's office has cleared the Patriots of any wrong doing affecting games this season.

Now all we have to do is win thirteen more games :)

We don't have anything to worry about.

The 1972 Dolphins suffer the eternal taint of having played the easiest schedule in NFL history.

ZERO playoff teams
ZERO teams better than 8-6
TWO winning teams

The 2007 Patriots will have no such problem. Our schedule includes Dallas, Indy, Pitt and SD.

If anyone here actual cares that somebody calls the Pats cheaters (I don't) they can point out that the Commissioner's office has cleared the Patriots of any wrong doing affecting games this season.

Now all we have to do is win thirteen more games :)

ur kiding, so they played two teams with 8-6 records, and the rest were all less? i never took it to be that easy when ppl said it was cupcake...

Thanks for psting that and making me mad again. Will this ******* bull**** ever end? god ******* damnit these ************s suck balls.

Exactly.......... Look, the tapes basically were broken down to see if specific teams/coaches had determinable patterns in defenseive playcalling. The signs themself are irrelivent, since these constantly change and there are usually multiple signal callers.

I'm sure he garbaged them. Not worth the risk, IMO. He'd be facing suspension/expulsion if he got busted with them and I doubt the information gathered was worth that risk.

I have to disagree here. My line of reasoning is this. It's not just the signs that are important to BB. By studying these videos in his home where he's unhindered by interuptions, he's able, over time, to determine which signs on the opposing sideline are the correct ones and which are decoys. Once patterns emerge he's able to judge a DC's tendencies and guess how that person will react to certain offensive sets. Nobody does this better than BB and he probably has copious notes on every DC he's faced as a HC. Of course coordinators evolve and change their habits. As soon as BB sees this I'm sure he makes a note of it and puts it right in their file. So yes, the signs by themselves aren't useful, but when assembled as part of the big picture they take on new meaning. Hopefully I've presented a good summary of this man's intelligence and commitment to becoming the best coach ever.

Also the reason he taped from the sideline is because by rule a team can only tape from a designated location that is enclosed on 3 sides and has a roof. A fixed location allows signs to be blocked from the camera. Sideline taping uses a moblie camera making it much easier to get an open shot.

All of this is just my opinion and is nothing more than food for thought.

I have to disagree here. My line of reasoning is this. It's not just the signs that are important to BB. By studying these videos in his home where he's unhindered by interuptions, he's able, over time, to determine which signs on the opposing sideline are the correct ones and which are decoys. Once patterns emerge he's able to judge a DC's tendencies and guess how that person will react to certain offensive sets. Nobody does this better than BB and he probably has copious notes on every DC he's faced as a HC. Of course coordinators evolve and change their habits. As soon as BB sees this I'm sure he makes a note of it and puts it right in their file. So yes, the signs by themselves aren't useful, but when assembled as part of the big picture they take on new meaning. Hopefully I've presented a good summary of this man's intelligence and commitment to becoming the best coach ever.

Also the reason he taped from the sideline is because by rule a team can only tape from a designated location that is enclosed on 3 sides and has a roof. A fixed location allows signs to be blocked from the camera. Sideline taping uses a moblie camera making it much easier to get an open shot.

All of this is just my opinion and is nothing more than food for thought.

Actually, you just said the same thing I did, and disagreed :confused:

I think he used them for the same reason you do, I just do not think it's so signifincant that he'd risk his career on it. Which he would if he got busted with those tapes.

Actually, you just said the same thing I did, and disagreed :confused:

Oh, sorry. Guess I was just expounding on the idea.

I think he used them for the same reason you do, I just do not think it's so signifincant that he'd risk his career on it. Which he would if he got busted with those tapes.

I don't see the risk. There isn't a judge on the planet that would issue a search warrant to Goodell for BB's residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back