PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Rumours of Moss to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can sympathize with Bob. The falling branches and hysteria of people in the Buffalo-Ft. Erie area can make one delirious.

RayClay said:
As opposed to? Obviously I'd take a shot at these guys if they're available for low risk, but we've won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls BMU.
Yeah but we lost the only one that matters, RC ..... last years!

I want another 3 or more SB titles starting this year. I'm already sick and tired of not winning SB's :D

upstater1 said:
I can sympathize with Bob. The falling branches and hysteria of people in the Buffalo-Ft. Erie area can make one delirious.
Spoken like a man who himself has suffered the same fate .........

Bobs My Uncle said:
I approached this as a "take it or leave" proposal believing that no way the Pats could steal Moss for just a 1st. So, make it two firsts by tossing in the other 1st in return for Porter as well. The Raiders could then say they got two firsts for Moss because "no team was giving us anything for Porter......"

As for needing another WR. We'll need another WR as soon as Troy hangs em up. Unless you think Caldwell or Gabriel or No Action Jackson can replace Troy. I don't see Troy's replacement in any of these 3 guys.

We need young Linebackers, cornerback and maybe safeties more, IMO.

I'd rather have 3 or 4 good receivers than 1 primadonna. How's the overlook the character thing working out with T.O.? I think he's a bit of a distraction.

There's one solution to innefective pass receivers. Practice. We've got 2 weeks. Givens couldn't catch a cold his first year.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Yeah but we lost the only one that matters, RC ..... last years!

I want another 3 or more SB titles starting this year. I'm already sick and tired of not winning SB's :D

I'm with you brother, but we are competitive every year.

I just think spending the future on highly paid receivers with character issues isn't the way to go.

Obviously we might reach Nov-Dec and see we have a receiver problem.

Just as likely IMO we will see the outlines of a good 3-5 receiver rotation.

Troy's a definite, I think they hold Jackson to limited duty.

That means 2 of three of the others getting serious minutes. If all three do, we've got a 4 man rotation with a top developing rookie.

I've never seen a team that ever used 5 WRs a lot effectively. There just won't be enough football's with our running game.

BTW Big catch numbers for all receivers could indicate being behind a lot.

Except for Pay-Tons, most QBs try to run the clock down when ahead.

RayClay said:
Use the entire draft next year to find these guys if need be. With Moss and Porter added, along with the stability and youth at QB, OL, RB, and TE, the Pats can pass on drafting offense for a year.

RayClay said:
I'd rather have 3 or 4 good receivers than 1 primadonna. How's the overlook the character thing working out with T.O.? I think he's a bit of a distraction.
I don't share the same belief as you do that Moss is a cancer like TO. Porter might be that kind of person but I sure as heck don't know. In either case, the presumption I made is that the Pats brass aren't worried about the addition of these two.

I think the combo of the no nonsense Belichick and the vet players would keep Moss pretty much in line. The lockeroom in Foxboro has more than a few players with multiple SB rings- that gives them credibility to any player who really "just wants to win". Cory Dillon has repeatedly admitted that this was the case with him.

IF Moss does come over and falls in line the Pats will be "scary good".

My question is: Why would the Raiders trade Moss? If anything, they need him now more than ever, especially with Porter not playing and Gabriel dealt to the Pats. It's Porter that the Raiders desperately want to deal

DCPatsFan said:
My question is: Why would the Raiders trade Moss? If anything, they need him now more than ever, especially with Porter not playing and Gabriel dealt to the Pats. It's Porter that the Raiders desperately want to deal
The Raiders need draft picks now more than anything. Well losses too is good for them.

As for Moss, his base salary is 8 figures next year. For a team in major rebuild mode, it's not logical for them to keep him around while they lose game after game while playing youngsters. Well, let's assume that the Raiders are logical here. So, chances are they are most likely going to cut him next year and get zippo for him. Why not trade him now and get something in return?

DCPatsFan said:

By the time the Raiders are a contender (years from now), Moss will be out of his prime.

PaulNEPats said:
By the time the Raiders are a contender (years from now), Moss will be out of his prime.

So they would deal Moss and basically blow-up the team - I can see that. I don't think that's what Al Davis wants to do.

Like to stay and chat gang but I'm off to see Eric Andersen perform tonight.

Moss is the Raiders highest paid player. I didn't read all the posts in this thread so this may have been said already. His salaries for this and the next 2 years are:

2006 7,500,000.00
2007 9,750,000.00
2008 11,250,000.00

So, it'd likely take a major redo of his deal before any trade would happen.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Like to stay and chat gang but I'm off to see Eric Andersen perform tonight.

Who's Eric Andersen?

RayClay said:

Amen. The sooner, the better.

Bobs My Uncle said:
I
The Pats should trade for both Moss and Porter.

...offer up both 1st's for the two of them and then settle in for a few years of league domination.
Yeah, Moss and Porter are the keys woth league domination! Look what they've done for the Raiders since they've been there. :D

Bobs My Uncle said:
I approached this as a "take it or leave" proposal believing that no way the Pats could steal Moss for just a 1st. So, make it two firsts by tossing in the other 1st in return for Porter as well. The Raiders could then say they got two firsts for Moss because "no team was giving us anything for Porter......"
How do you guys think this stuff up? This is hilarious! Tell me again how Moss is a steal for "just a first." Man, you crack me up.

Last edited:
captain stone said:
Who's Eric Andersen?
He's a long time folk singer/writer extraordinaire, in the Dylan vein.

He was in a short lived band with Rick Danko (The Band) who was a good friend of my Dad.

brady2brown said:
Tell me again how Moss is a steal for "just a first." Man, you crack me up.
And you crack me up for believing otherwise.

Reviving this thread because it covers many more angles than the later "Moss sucks" thread - the two should have been merged.

Anyway...IMHO - it comes down to the following:

Assuming (and this is a huge assumption) Moss would agree to play for us with a three year cap and team friendly deal - do we want him and what price do we pay for him?

I think everyone would agree to a # 2, no question -- It's whether we give up a #1 for him that the decision gets real tough to make.....I think I would do it with the qualifiers met with my assumption above.

The thought of Brady to Moss has me salivating. The question is whether we can win with the WR's we now have is still impossible to answer and here we are, going into week 7.

All of this is moot as I really doubt he is going anywhere before Tuesday,

I'm with mybytr(sorrry if i misspelled that) on this one,when there is a lot of talk about trades with NE nothing happens,then Bam! (as in John Madden)something comes out of the blue.I do agree that the fit looks good overall,with the cap space,some draft picks to toss around,and Moss wanting to play with a winning team.If BB doesnt like him of course,nothing doing,and I dont believe he'll give that first rounder away for anything less than a real diamond type of player.My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back