PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More anti-Brady crap from Shannon Sharpe today on Sirius

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do the stupid things these a*sholes say start to catch up with them?

Remember last year in the pregame for the Bengals game when he said that the Patriots had "no chance" twice?

I think Sharpe was Thiesmaned by CBS, he has been replaced by Cowher...

Sharpe is still there.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07047/762633-66.stm

Although his previous television gig -- at noon Tuesdays during the Steelers' season -- never got rave reviews, Bill Cowher has landed a big-time TV contract with CBS that will make him part of the network's pre- and postgame shows. He will share the set with Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, James Brown and Shannon Sharpe.

I don't know but man does he [Sehorn] love to bash Tom Brady any chance he gets. I swear that dudes wife must lust over Tom or something so he bashes him out of jealous rage or something. He says Bulger is a better QB and even went as far as to say Brady is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

Maybe Tom got HER preggers too?

I could care less what Horse Face has to say.

He is an obnoxious A4$hole.

I agree, the guy just bugs me, and I can't stand what he has to say, especially when the other commentators pick NE to win and he has to be the odd ball and always pick against us. I would be shocked if he ever said something good!

Listening to Sirius NFL Radio today and Shannon who we know loathes the Patriots (remember that stupid sideline fake phone call he made years ago at Gillette when NE was getting beat by Denver saying "bring in the troops,the Patriots are getting killed) - was saying that best QB by far and by himself is Peyton Manning and its a tossup or tie for 2nd best in Brady and Palmer...WTF?

Sure Palmer is a future great QB but has nothing to show for it at this point and to put him even in the same sentence as Brady let alone put them in a tie for second best QB is ridiculous.

Patriots fan or not I think it was a stupid comment,Shannon goes on to say if Palmer were QB in NE there would be no difference and NE would still win as they do and that Palmer has a much better thrown ball

Obviously Shannon does not realize it takes more than just stats and previous accomplishments to go to a different team and succeed you must become adapt to the entire organization and blend in perfectly,not so easy.

If Brady was a Bengal I am not so sure the Bengals would have won championships to this point,Surely Palmer would not have 3 SB championships as starting QB in NE either.

Both guys were made to shine for thier respective teams but in no way shape or form is Carson in the same breath as Bradyat least not now...Shannon is a moron

The ONLY QB to be in Brady's class is Manning which I think are as close as can be possible to a tie for best QB in the league.

Palmer,Bulger and Brees are a tie for 3rd - to close to seperate them either.

How do you understand what he's saying on radio? I can barely understand what he's saying on TV (with the help of subtitles). He's Mush Mouth from Fat Albert.

Listening to Sirius NFL Radio today and Shannon who we know loathes the Patriots (remember that stupid sideline fake phone call he made years ago at Gillette when NE was getting beat by Denver saying "bring in the troops,the Patriots are getting killed) - was saying that best QB by far and by himself is Peyton Manning and its a tossup or tie for 2nd best in Brady and Palmer...WTF?

Sure Palmer is a future great QB but has nothing to show for it at this point and to put him even in the same sentence as Brady let alone put them in a tie for second best QB is ridiculous.

Patriots fan or not I think it was a stupid comment,Shannon goes on to say if Palmer were QB in NE there would be no difference and NE would still win as they do and that Palmer has a much better thrown ball

Obviously Shannon does not realize it takes more than just stats and previous accomplishments to go to a different team and succeed you must become adapt to the entire organization and blend in perfectly,not so easy.

If Brady was a Bengal I am not so sure the Bengals would have won championships to this point,Surely Palmer would not have 3 SB championships as starting QB in NE either.

Both guys were made to shine for thier respective teams but in no way shape or form is Carson in the same breath as Bradyat least not now...Shannon is a moron

The ONLY QB to be in Brady's class is Manning which I think are as close as can be possible to a tie for best QB in the league.

Palmer,Bulger and Brees are a tie for 3rd - to close to seperate them either.

Sharpe ripped Brady? How could you tell? I cant understand a word that Mush Mouth says.

I'm with everyone on Sharpe being a loudmouthed jacka$$, but I can't really get that worked up about him comparing Brady to Palmer.

I've seen enough of Palmer to know that there's no shame whatsoever in being compared to him, for any QB. I really don't care that he "hasn't done anything yet." Doesn't factor into my evaluation because how good a QB is come this September will not in any way be affected by how they've done in the past -- and that's all that should matter when deciding who you think is "the best."

Palmer doesn't have anything more to prove. He's playing with a savvy beyond his years, and nothing we've seen from him suggests anything other than continued excellence.

i am suprized that anyone was able to understand him

I agree with Pat Nasty. Palmer is good, maybe great...but let's give him a chance...

Yeah......Shannon Sharpe IS everything that has said about him in this thread....the good and the bad.....great player, lousy analyst, biased against Pats.....but....

I think that sideline call to the National Guard was hilarious....at least some thought went into that trash talking.

I agree, the guy just bugs me, and I can't stand what he has to say, especially when the other commentators pick NE to win and he has to be the odd ball and always pick against us. I would be shocked if he ever said something good!

He picked us to win the AFC Championship - if that wasn't a bad omen I don't know what is.

Definitional argument, and those of us old enough to remember the Montana/Elway/Marino fans go at it, are just reliving the past.

Elway finally won 2 SBs, because everything finally clicked in Denver.

Montana won 4 SBs, because the 9ers were a complete team, and he was a QB. He wanted to win games and win SBs. Not rack up points and yards, not be considered a great, he wanted to win games. And he wanted it a lot. You couldn't be around him and not want the trophy -- it was infectious. I guess that's one un-measurable dimension of that mysterious quality we call "leadership".

Marino? Fabulous, talented loser. Whatever it was that allowed Montana to rally his team, Marino never had it. Tell a Fins fan that, and they'll start quoting you yet more stats - 4th quarter comebacks, TDs after halftime, things like that.

It's a team sport. The structure of the season is known at the outset. You succeed, or you fail, to attain the ultimate goal: winning the Lombardi Trophy. All the rest is commentary. And more than anybody else on the field, the QB keeps the team oriented each victory, in pursuit of that final victory.

That's what a great QB is - a guy that you would pick to give the ball, if it was the 4th quarter of a big game (especially the biggest.)

Manning? Yes, he's shown he can do it. Palmer? Not impossible either.

Brady? He carried a team held together with duct tape and bailing wire to the pinnacle in 2001, then excelled with teams in '03 and '04 that were good, but not loaded with talent.

Yeah, of course I'm biased. But I still give Tom Brady the ball in the 4th quarter of that big game, all stats aside.

Now, a caveat: We're homers. Since we are Pats fans, of course we'll see the team perspective, and therefore sing the praises of our otherwise "overrated" players.

The trouble is the Pats excel because they play a team game. And coincidentally -- Hey, whattaya know! -- football is a team game. That's why balanced teams end up winning it all.

What did Manning win when he threw 49 TDs? A one-way ticket back to Indy, courtesy of your New England Patriots. What did Manning win when the offense was balanced, and the D was merely mediocre, not superfantastic cruddy? Yah.

With a QB especially, the ability to put up great stats when called upon is a necessity. The tendency to do so for seasons at a time is a sign of poor coaching, personal self-aggrandizement, or perreniel mediocrity.

You pass a lot when you're behind, ladies and gents -- so how can a perreniel winner also be a stat king?

How can a perreniel stat king also be a winner?

Only through bad coaching, another part of this team sport.

I think we should really only talk about who the best passer is, in all fairness. And we should just drop out and say "well, Tom's definitely in the top 10 -- not anything phenomenal."

And don't even talk about the "best QB," because of the definitional argument.

Talk about "what QB do you want to get you through the big game, down 7 in the 4th quarter? What QB do you want in a 16 game season to even get you to that big game?"

I don't think there are more than 2 legit answers to that question playing today. Peyton got us last time -- or more precisely, his team did. Excuses aside, they did it. Respect to Peyton -- he finally "got it," and was able to get his team to the promised land.

Brady's got that "it" and has had since 2001, if you ask me. Time to go out there and prove it again... we now see how soon "it" is forgotten.

Am I drafting Brady above the 5th round in a fantasy league? No. I'm probably taking Drew Brees before Brady AND Palmer this year. Do I want Brees, Palmer, or Manning at the helm of my REAL team? Not "No" but HELL No!

PFnV

I could care less what Horse Face has to say.

He is an obnoxious A4$hole.

pronounced A -four - dollar - hole no doubt.

I love when I learn new slang.

pronounced A -four - dollar - hole no doubt.

I love when I learn new slang.

LMAO!!! Although I think the "L" in "hole" is silent.

Sharpe is a big-time hater of the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back