PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Great question by the Bears coach:

If one ref signals touchdown and the other doesn't, shouldn't it be reviewable?

I truly can't stand Manning. I don't wish injury on any player, but... no wait I do I hope he tears his ACL

You're a Jet's fan. You're not fooling anyone.

Nothing sounds more pathetic than trying to discredit Manning's dominance because of the competition. I don't care who you are playing its not easy to make a mockery of every defense thrown Manning's way. Its truly amazing to watch. Try and hate all you want, the truth is we are watching a QB played at level that can't be match. Dare I say even better than Brady in his prime.

I hope I am wrong, but I can't see anyone stopping this offense.

wow this is worse than a Pats gameday thread.

Nothing sounds more pathetic than trying to discredit Manning's dominance because of the competition. I don't care who you are playing its not easy to make a mockery of every defense thrown Manning's way. Its truly amazing to watch. Try and hate all you want, the truth is we are watching a QB played at level that can't be match. Dare I say even better than Brady in his prime.

I'd argue that Brady has played at this level with less to work with.

I think this is quite premature.

Replace "Manning" with "Rodgers" from and this is exactly the same thing people were saying about the 2011 Packers squad, who started the season 13-0 and then were one-and-done in the playoffs.

Okay, I'm as big a homer as there is here. I don't feel the Pats owe me anything after the amazing run they've had, and I'm excited about the potential of the new receivers and about the defense.

That said, I have to scream, letting Welker go to this Denver team is probably the STUPIDEST move by a GM in the freaking history of the NFL. Manning has FOUR bona-fide stud receivers to throw the ball around. And whatever you want to say about Manning, nobody makes better decisions than he does in the pocket.

"Arm strength," "cold weather," "playoff choker," yada yada yada. This Denver team reminds me a lot of the '07 Patriots - teams look like they don't even want to be out there. Who beats them?

KC, maybe?
New England?
Indy?
Texans?
Titans?

Anyone from the NFC East?

I'll be surprised if Manning doesn't break every record on the books this year with that supporting cast and this schedule.

If they found a secret note to GMs telling them to make sure Manning wins this year for the sake of the league, it'd make more sense.

Last time I'll say it, and again, I AM A HOMER, "You blew it Kraft and BB...epically."

I think this is quite premature.

Replace "Manning" with "Rodgers" from and this is exactly the same thing people were saying about the 2011 Packers squad, who started the season 13-0 and then were one-and-done in the playoffs.

True. But we honestly sound like a bunch of losers sitting here trying to discredit the Broncos right now. They're playing very well.

I watched the first half....hard to really say much more than Denver has a dynamic offense. Just how dynamic is anyone's guess until the season hits 8 or 10 games I'd guess. Watching the Raiders make every classic bad team mistake in the book from the opening kick sort of muddies the waters for me. I think a Brian Hoyer of yesterday tears this joke of a Raider defense apart. They are totally undisciplined,show apparent blitzes that a blind dead guy could see coming and give up 30, 40 and 50 yard chunks after getting a team down to 1st and 20. Denver's third TD came when three Raiders were STILL arguing about how to line up and the corner telegraphed his blitz 10 seconds before the snap. Just really bad team defense...that's coaching. They have none.

Can't wait to see Gay-a-ton Man-in and the Donkeys get crushed by the Patriots

Okay, I'm as big a homer as there is here. I don't feel the Pats owe me anything after the amazing run they've had, and I'm excited about the potential of the new receivers and about the defense.

That said, I have to scream, letting Welker go to this Denver team is probably the STUPIDEST move by a GM in the freaking history of the NFL. Manning has FOUR bona-fide stud receivers to throw the ball around. And whatever you want to say about Manning, nobody makes better decisions than he does in the pocket.

"Arm strength," "cold weather," "playoff choker," yada yada yada. This Denver team reminds me a lot of the '07 Patriots - teams look like they don't even want to be out there. Who beats them?

KC, maybe?
New England?
Indy?
Texans?
Titans?

Anyone from the NFC East?

I'll be surprised if Manning doesn't break every record on the books this year with that supporting cast and this schedule.

If they found a secret note to GMs telling them to make sure Manning wins this year for the sake of the league, it'd make more sense.

Last time I'll say it, and again, I AM A HOMER, "You blew it Kraft and BB...epically."

In the end, the best edge for every (non-Broncos) playoff team is that Manning is the worst choking dog in NFL playoff history

Think raiders will try and onside kick ?

Broncos schedule is very easy. Only 3 possible problematic games , @KC @Dallas and maybe pats -depending on where we are in nov.

I'll wait to judge them when they play a good football team. And I'll buy their chances when Manning is throwing for 300+ yards and 4 TD's and 0 Turnovers in sub 32 degree weather.

I can't imagine what Indy fans are thinking for letting Peyton go. As good as Andrew Luck is, he'll never throw for 45-50TDs in a year. Yeah Indy will get 10 yrs of solid qb play, but probably no SB appearances for a long time. With Peyton, you'll likely get 3 more years of peak performance, with 1-2 SB appearances in that time frame.

Man he has so many weapons. Hopefully Amendola and Gronk are healthy and the rookies are balling out bc it will be hard to slow down this broncos team.

I can't wait for Mayo to wrestle the ball away from Moreno and McCourty pick off Manning in the snow on way to a 20-3 victory.

nice job raiders of not deferring the coin toss

In the end, the best edge for every (non-Broncos) playoff team is that Manning is the worst choking dog in NFL playoff history

This is the thing I'm hoping for. With the weapons he has and the schedule the Broncos have, it would be awsome to come down to that. If Manning can't duplicate or better what Brady did in 2007, there will be no question about the goat.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back