PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

As well as the team that's gotten less from their 2013 draft class than any other team. That's a bad combination.

Yeah, they would have blown their draft picks anyway. So it might as well go to teams that would use their picks to actually draft NFL caliber players.

Victor Cruz has taken that title from Welker.

I disagree. Welker's number might be down from years before, but take into account that Welker is probably the 3rd option in this Denver's offense. With the Pats, he was the number one option along with Gronk but he was injured a significant portion of the year as well as Hernandez.

No defense celebrates more than this denver D.
Their schedule in the 3 game Phi,@Dal ,Jax:)eek:)

Yeah Dallas might give them some competition but it's smooth sailing for these guys for some time. Other than us and later the Titans, they really don't have any other proven teams(at this point) on their schedule. They have some teams that started off hot and could turn out to be the real deal like the Chiefs and Indy(who proved they could beat the 49ers on their own turf), but other than that there's not much for them to worry about. They're winning that division unless the Chiefs really do materialize into a strong team but I'm not convinced they're as strong as what their record says they are. After all, we're 3-0 too and I don't think we're ready for the Broncos either yet.

This was a joke of a game for MNF, btw. I stopped watching it at half time.

You lasted a bit longer than I did. I had to turn off the sound to even get that far. This version of the MNF talking bobble heads is close to the worst they have ever had. Cosell (who I hated) was far more talented than this group.

After all said and done, if goober had one more TD in the game, I would have won the weekly pot, damn, what a shame :mad:

Homeland Season 3 begins on Sunday and my Cable is cutting off free access to last Season's shows today, so I figured I wouldn't miss much if I spent the evening re-watching the last three episodes of Season 2.

Right decision.

The Broncos should have kept Tebow.

il1jaw.gif

Victor Cruz has taken that title from Welker.

Nonsense. I live in NYC and follow the Giants closely (better than following the Jests).

Cruz is Eli's go-to receiver. Welker is one of three, more or less equal options for Peyton and draws a lot of coverage wherever on the field he lines up and runs his routes. Despite that, Welker still has more catches (19 v. 16) and more TD's (4 v. 3) than Cruz so far this season. He still drops his share of passes, but knowledgeable fans factored that into any Welker evaluation a long time ago.

Cruz' role in the team's game-plan is quite different than Welker's, so he runs longer routes and picks up more yards, but to say that Cruz is now viewed as the top slot receiver in the game is just not accurate.

For now, they are both at the top for their position but a younger Cruz, if he can stay healthy, will take over the top spot in a season or so.

And, BTW, Wes and the Broncos are 3--0 and Cruz and the Giants are 0--3, which also counts for something.

I didn't last through the first quarter and I'll watch pretty much any game. Oakland is bad-at least, they were in the 1st quarter.

So you missed his playoff games in 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012?

That explains a lot. :D

To be fair here, in 2000, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012. He left the field with the lead and his defense didn't close it out. In 2005 Vanderjerk missed a FG that would have tied the Squeelers.

Just sayin

The Broncos look unstoppable offensively, that cannot be denied. However I'd rather they perform at their highest level early in the season. Even the greatest offenses slow down a bit toward the end of the season. This happened with the 2007 Pats offense. Great but not necessarily unstoppable later in the year.

I'd rather the Broncos go all out now, and us improve on our weak areas game by game. I'm more focused on the AFCE race but I say we have a fair shot at taking down the Broncos later on w/Gronk, Amendola, Vereen and an improved set of KT and Dobson.

Great argument. No way to continue any discussion with that..

If there was an award for best name on here....It would have to go to you sir...Well done!

Great argument. No way to continue any discussion with that..

And, I would argue, there is no point in even discussing something so silly as that!

Yeah Dallas might give them some competition but it's smooth sailing for these guys for some time. Other than us and later the Titans, they really don't have any other proven teams(at this point) on their schedule. They have some teams that started off hot and could turn out to be the real deal like the Chiefs and Indy(who proved they could beat the 49ers on their own turf), but other than that there's not much for them to worry about. They're winning that division unless the Chiefs really do materialize into a strong team but I'm not convinced they're as strong as what their record says they are. After all, we're 3-0 too and I don't think we're ready for the Broncos either yet.

I stopped watching it before it even began. Caught up on Boardwalk Empire. First two episodes were great, this past Sunday's was extremely boring. But I would have rather watched paint dry than watch PeytonMania on top of a game that was destined to be a blowout.

To be fair here, in 2000, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012. He left the field with the lead and his defense didn't close it out. In 2005 Vanderjerk missed a FG that would have tied the Squeelers.

Just sayin

2000 - FG to go up by 7, but leaving 4 mins on the clock... and got the ball again
2007 - Got the ball down by 4 with 4:45 and 1:30 left on the clock.
2008 - Went up by 3... with 23 mins left...
2010 - FG to go up by 2, but left 1 min on the clock.
2012 - TD to go up by 7, but left 7 mins on the clock... and got the ball again.

I'm thinking you're going a little beyond fair. Beyond the fact that Manning had at least one chance to truly close out those games most of them were cases where his offense underperformed their season norms, which goes back to the other poster's point.

The starting point for all this was someone claiming that PM = SB, which if history is any indicator will only be true if the Denver defense plays great in these POs. Right now it looks mediocre, but it's a long season and they're missing some players.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back