PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Wallace = target for Pats deep threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallace wasn't even the best receiver on his team last year, or that matter the most consistent. That credit goes to Antonio Brown

Anyone who thinks BB is going to give up a #1 pick(worth gold now given the rookie contracts), AND BE FORCED TO SIGN HIM TO a BIG $$ DEAL is out of their friggin mind, and has not been following his Modus Opendi the last decade plus. Also, why would he be that stupid when there are options in FA which could command the same $'s but no need to lose the draft pick. As always he will make the picks with 1st of the 1st rounder, and spin the 2nd 1st rounder into multiple future picks.

The time to have selected Wallace was in 2009 draft; BB chose Tate, and 1 pick later Steelers chose Wallace. End of story.

You dont know that! a WR's of Wallace's caliber is a serious NEED on the N.E. Patriots.

Why is everyone so obsessed with a deep threat? Brady hasn't thrown a good deep ball since 2007 I mean Jesus, the last two playoff games against the Giants and the Ravens his two deep passes were underthrown and picked off. Even look at some of his long pass plays from the past few years. Its mostly YAC. Not that its a bad thing. But people who think the Patriots are going to build the offense around a deep threat are delusional. They need to make other teams respect the deep ball, but the Patriots aren't tying up big resources to a guy that excels in an area that Brady quite frankly doesn't do well in anymore.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so obsessed with a deep threat?

Its no so much a Deep threat any WR with Great Speed can be called a deep threat. But there is a difference when the deep threat can also "catch". Lets just say a younger version of 2007 Randy Moss.

Last edited:
Its no so much a Deep threat any WR with Great Speed can be called a deep threat. But there is a difference when the deep threat can also "catch". Lets just say a younger version of 2007 Randy Moss.

I'll take any guy who can simply make plays. I'll take a Jabar Gaffney. Anyone who can earn Brady's trust as a viable option. I've seen enough of Ochocinco, Jackson, Tate, Price, Galloway, Aiken, etc. to know that if a guy can earn Brady's trust, he will make the offense better regardless of where he excels.

Why is everyone so obsessed with a deep threat? Brady hasn't thrown a good deep ball since 2007 I mean Jesus, the last two playoff games against the Giants and the Ravens his two deep passes were underthrown and picked off. Even look at some of his long pass plays from the past few years. Its mostly YAC. Not that its a bad thing. But people who think the Patriots are going to build the offense around a deep threat are delusional. They need to make other teams respect the deep ball, but the Patriots aren't tying up big resources to a guy that excels in an area that Brady quite frankly doesn't do well in anymore.

7236163.jpg

It's wrong to look at Wallace as simply a deep threat. He's also a guy that can catch a short pass, make 1 guy miss, and then turn on the jets and take it down the field. He's a game changer.

It's wrong to look at Wallace as simply a deep threat. He's also a guy that can catch a short pass, make 1 guy miss, and then turn on the jets and take it down the field. He's a game changer.

and BB has said this himself so I don't know why people would insist otherwise. Afte thinking about this whole thing though, Im be leaning towards letting another team make a play on wallace. I think having a second first round pick is huge in upgrading the defense (assuming you hit) and there are other options in free agency that could fill the need (although not like Wallace). Still wouldn't be upset if it happend though.

Last edited:
Clearly your not intelligent enough to understand Dues. Keep face palmin' yourself if it helps your brain hurt a little less from thinking too hard.

Yeah, clearly.

Clearly your not intelligent enough to understand Dues. Keep face palmin' yourself if it helps your brain hurt a little less from thinking too hard.

If you understand "They need to make other teams respect the deep ball", then you understand "Why is everyone so obsessed with a deep threat?" and you are just trolling.

Look, it's a quiet time of year right now, and IMO pretty much any poster is welcome, up to a point. But, if you're going to troll, either be more outrageous about it and get banned, or be more sophisticated about it and don't undercut your own trolling attempts.

Also, when you're bagging on the intelligence of others, you should at least show that you're intelligent enough to know when to use "your" and when to use "you're".

Last edited:
Why is everyone so obsessed with a deep threat? Brady hasn't thrown a good deep ball since 2007

When was the last time he had a really good deep receiver?

When was the last time he had a really good deep receiver?

There was some under-the-radar type of guy here in 2010 whose name escapes me. I think his name was Moth or something.

If you understand "They need to make other teams respect the deep ball", then you understand "Why is everyone so obsessed with a deep threat?" and you are just trolling.

Look, it's a quiet time of year right now, and IMO pretty much any poster is welcome, up to a point. But, if you're going to troll, either be more outrageous about it and get banned, or be more sophisticated about it and don't undercut your own trolling attempts.

Also, when you're bagging on the intelligence of others, you should at least show that you're intelligent enough to know when to use "your" and when to use "you're".

Calling someone a troll is trolling. Go look in the mirror, that's where you'll find your troll.

And lol @ grammar, you mad bro?

Last edited:
There was some under-the-radar type of guy here in 2010 whose name escapes me. I think his name was Moth or something.

By 2010 Moss was no longer good let alone really good, try again.

Calling someone a troll is trolling.

What a silly notion. Pointing out what someone is, or is doing, is just that. You're trolling. It's not as if this is the only thread you've done it in.

And lol @ grammar, you mad bro?

If you're insulting the intelligence of others, you shouldn't be demonstrating a lack of it yourself. It just makes you look like a buffoon.

You dont know that! a WR's of Wallace's caliber is a serious NEED on the N.E. Patriots.

I totally disagree. The Patriots should pursue a slight upgrade over Branch and a backup for Gronk. What they "seriously NEED" is some defensive playmakers.

What a silly notion. Pointing out what someone is, or is doing, is just that. You're trolling. It's not as if this is the only thread you've done it in.

If you're insulting the intelligence of others, you shouldn't be demonstrating a lack of it yourself. It just makes you look like a buffoon.

Lets see here:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

Troll = negative connotation, insult.

Calling me a troll = trolling.

Once again, the only person trolling here is you.

I totally disagree. The Patriots should pursue a slight upgrade over Branch and a backup for Gronk. What they "seriously NEED" is some defensive playmakers.

Why settle for a Chicken MacNugget when you can have a Big Mack? WR is too rich in 2012 to miss out even if we resign Welker. They are alot of young WR's going into their primes who will be available. I just cannot see us sigining Welker only and call it a Rap. Imo Ocho Stinko = Gone! Branch = Gone. WR is a NEED and knowing it's a desperate NEED...you just don't fill it with jags. Cannot wait for BB's decision on this. I think we are going to surprised by the quality.:cool: We had very good pass Offense in 2011 but it wasn't Great. Before Gronk's injury we were struggling against the Ravens one of the better Defenses. Both Greenbay and the Saints sport Elite Offenses who can beat you from anywhere on the Field...our Offense wasn't that dangerous...hence the need on the outsides.

Lets see here:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

Troll = negative connotation, insult.

Calling me a troll = trolling.

Once again, the only person trolling here is you.

Try to flip it all you want. It doesn't change the fact that you were trolling and I was just pointing it out.

Try to flip it all you want. It doesn't change the fact that you were trolling and I was just pointing it out.

What am I flipping? I just pointed out the only one actually trolling is you. No need to get into a rage because you fail to see that. Fact is, you've been trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3