Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you think of the refs yesterday?

• Incompetent

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • Crooked

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Incompetent AND crooked

Votes: 55 39.6%
  • Neither. They called the game more-or-less correctly.

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it would have been the refs giving the Patriots over 200 yards in penalties instead of the 146? Gee, according to your thinking, why didn't the refs just TASER Brady and Moss during timeouts?

Are you in need of some sleep?
I am saying, if they wanted the Colts to win it would have been easy for them to make it that way. If that was their real goal then why didn't they call a phantom hold call? Is one more questionable call really going to be so much for them?

Re: Your take on the refs

The officiating has gotten HORRIBLE in recent years. Frankly, in the Dallas/Pats game, there were quite a few blatant blown calls(on both sides, that is) that they would NEVER miss.

haha...OK troll...I notice the Star took down the post by that moron who threatened to arrest Patriot fans for attending a game in the Cheaterdome...real sports ya got out there, haystacks. I sure wouldn't want to insult YOUR Momma/Seester or Daddy/brother
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
I am saying, if they wanted the Colts to win it would have been easy for them to make it that way. If that was their real goal then why didn't they call a phantom hold call? Is one more questionable call really going to be so much for them?
Hey you're that "Bill Polian" guy that got banned here last night, aren't you...? Why didn't you answer my question...? Too chicken..?

Re: Officiating debaucle needs media attention

I think we all need to email members of the media. Peter King, Costa on HBO, the duo on PTI, etc, etc. I'll do my part and hopefully everyone is as 'concerned' as I am will fire away. For those Patriot fans who don't get it, spring training is right around the corner.

Hey you're that "Bill Polian" guy that got banned here last night, aren't you...? Why didn't you answer my question...? Too chicken..?
No, I'm not that guy. What was your question though?

Re: Officiating debaucle needs media attention

I think there is another thread in which someone made a list of all questionable calls. Maybe we should keep that thread as a sticky and later this week, forward it to as many journalists as we can hoping someone will at least report it.

That said, we should step up our whining both on the field and to the NFL because that seems to be the only way to slow down the yellow flags.

But again, maybe the ref's will pause on the yellow flags on the more important games ahead, especially if we play the Colts again. :)

Good summary of bad calls, I'd forgotten half of those. It's not like working the refs is anything new, but Kraft needs to start complaining about this and getting some calls our way. I've given up On BB trying to play politics, he's starting to look like the charmer he was in Cleveland.

Life sucks and playing politics and PR is part of it.

I was thinking that the officials probably had wagers on the game. They picked the Colts, obviously. And in the end, they still managed to stop the Pats from beating the spread. In other words, it was not about the Colts beating the Patriots, it was about the Colts beating the spread giving the officials large amounts of money.....there needs to be an investigation, especially considering the recent NBA news involving gambling and referees.

After the first kneel down at the end of the game...Was Brady giving the Refs his two cents? He was screaming his head off. At this point the game was over too. Do the Refs listen to a player? Does this have any redisual effect?

I did not look like anything happened on the kneel down itself.

nevermind. a whole thread on that.

Last edited:

Incompetent is part of it. The other part is our allowing failed football people like Casserly abd the rest of the whining media to control disinformation.

I don't even watch these morons til the game is on, but i still know that Casserly did a whole segment on Moss pushing off. If you think hearing stuff like that all week doesn't affect the refs thought process, you're naive.

Polian is the "Barzini" behind Casserly

I've read numerous articles this morning on the game this morning, and NONE of them have mentioned the egregious calls.

The Moorehead call was unbelievable. Replays showed TWO zebras on either side running to the play ON the white line and they still blow it.

Watch it again. One ref started to wave it off as out of bounds and was overruled......

Was the moorehead call at the beginning of the game? Because I don't remember that one.

This is the first game that I've ever seen that I actually became enraged over officiating. I voted incompetent, forcing myself to withhold the crooked tag because of emotion.

I have always been mildly contemptuous of people resorting to debating the officiating. I get mad about crap calls, etc., and I agree some teams/players get the benefit/detriment more often.

99% of the time: whatever...(including the Denver play-off game)

This game: This was BEYOND. This game needs to be reviewed.

PS: Has anyone ever reviewed the amount of undeniable/mental penalties the Patriots get (false starts,etc) vs. "judgment call" penalties (Pass Int.) compared to other teams?

Last edited:
Crooked - If it was incompetence (totally or in part) there would have been more...or at least one...horrible call against the Colts. Instead the bad and questionable calls were all one sided.

Nobody's mentioned the non-call I thought was the worst of the game. In the 3rd qtr, Brady threw across the field to Moss at the goal line. It looked like he would easily win another jump ball, but only seemed to make a half hearted effort at it and it fell incomplete.

The replay from behind the play showed Bethea (I think) clearly pinning Moss's right hand down with both of his hands. Moss could only go up with 1 hand. I was real surpised Randy just trotted back without complaining, but it shows how mature he has become.

I don't think NE scored on the drive, so the non-call cost us 7 points.

Usually you give the edge to imcompetence.

"Never judge something as malicious when simple incompetence will suffice" is the quote.

However, repeated bad calls, inexplicably bad calls...there is a history of refs in the NBA on the take, is there not? I think the FBI needs to get involved.

Millions are at stake in a game like this. Hundreds of millions more likely.

Nobody's mentioned the non-call I thought was the worst of the game. In the 3rd qtr, Brady threw across the field to Moss at the goal line. It looked like he would easily win another jump ball, but only seemed to make a half hearted effort at it and it fell incomplete.

The replay from behind the play showed Bethea (I think) clearly pinning Moss's right hand down with both of his hands. Moss could only go up with 1 hand. I was real surpised Randy just trotted back without complaining, but it shows how mature he has become.

I don't think NE scored on the drive, so the non-call cost us 7 points.

To me that was more a cheap play than a bad call. If you see in the replay, the official was behind them in the endzone, he simply didn't have a vantage point to make a call. If there was another official in the area it's a different story, but the replay's didn't show anyone.

I wanted to hand out a quick task if anyone's interested in some research: if you saved the game (which I didn't, unfortunately), I'd love to see a breakdown of all of these questionable calls (from the Moorehead call to all the PI, Moss' penalty in the end zone, the mauling of Faulk): who made the call? Who made all of the other non-questionable calls in the game? Was the person in position to make the call, or did he fly over from the middle of the field to throw the flag? Some of this would be difficult with just the one camera angle at your disposal, but I'm guessing you'd be able to get a glimpse of the ref throwing the flag on most--if not all--plays.

Anyway, I'd love to see something like this, in my eyes it would make this whole 'conspiracy' talk a bit more valid if you had one or two refs throwing flags on all these ridiculous calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back