Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you think of the refs yesterday?

• Incompetent

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • Crooked

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Incompetent AND crooked

Votes: 55 39.6%
  • Neither. They called the game more-or-less correctly.

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is right about the flags. The one on Moss was just dumb As for piped in crowd noise I don't give a damn about it. All that mattered to me was that we won

Well, then your in the minority. Everybody had verbally assaulted the Patriots all year for cameragate. Calling it a technical advantage and costing the Patriots a draft choice. Now, there is evidence that the Colts used a technical advantage and we should just go quietly. I don't think so. Its our right to speak up about this and not let it go unnoticed.

shadows?...you nailed it troll...that call on Polamalu that he didn't intercept that ball was all shadow...the shadow of Bill Polian, the WORST CHEATING SCUMBAG in NFL history

Yeah, that was a BS call, so what? If the refs had wanted the colts to win the game they could have done a lot more. Wouldn't they have called a phantom holding call on one of Brady's long passes? What about on those Welker returns? Why didn't they help out the Colts there?

uh...gee...I dunno...maybe because they already called the most penalty yardage in Patriot history by the end of the 3rd quarter????

You define moronic troll.

Yeah, that was a BS call, so what? If the refs had wanted the colts to win the game they could have done a lot more. Wouldn't they have called a phantom holding call on one of Brady's long passes? What about on those Welker returns? Why didn't they help out the Colts there?

Maybe because of the 146 yards in penalties they had already called against the Pats. Oh......why not go for 200 yards. It's not like the one sided zebra show wasn't obvious enough.

Maybe because of the 146 yards in penalties they had already called against the Pats. Oh......why not go for 200 yards. It's not like the one sided zebra show wasn't obvious enough.
Exactly, so why not call it? There's room for phantom hold calls on every play. If their desire was to have the Colts win, why wouldn't they?

Officiating debaucle needs media attention

I know we have plenty of threads on the officiating already yesterday however the specific point of this thread is to serve as a challenge to any member of the media that may be reading this post.

I actually watched the game twice and still found some of the calls/non-calls to be pretty biased towards Indy. To have a bad call against us in a game, which is pretty much the norm now, is fine I guess. We are used to this. However to have many calls game in and game out...I mean really.

This problem needs to be noted and addressed by a larger forum than patsfans.com or any other Patriots 'friendly' site.

If any member of the media would take a unbiased look at this problem, then they too would also see....

I still think it was more about keeping the game close. I think they would have liked the Colts to win, but the main thing was keep it close.

Pump up the viewership/money to its max and maybe help out vegas (who have taken a beating all year with the Pats covering the spread) while they were at it.

If they REALLY wanted the Colts to win, I think they could have managed it.

Exactly, so why not call it? There's room for phantom hold calls on every play. If their desire was to have the Colts win, why wouldn't they?

They very nearly did.

It's possible that they knew any more BS calls and the gig was up.

I think a lot of it was just incompetence. they weren't all bad calls that went against the Pats, but admittedly, a lot of them were. You definitely have a right to be angry, but I think it's stupid to scream POLIAN OR GOODELL OR DUNGY OR THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST SCREWED US OVER.

Last edited:
He did miss the non-call when Faulk was mugged trying to catch the pass and the catch by Moorehead where he was clearly out of bounds with both line judges right there that we had to waste a challenge on.
Oh my god. I was screaming at the television. I seriously questioned whether the refs were trying to screw over the Pats right there. BLATANT pass interference. He slapped his hand down before the ball got to him. Brady had every right to go off on that piece of crap Zebra.

Re: Your take on the refs

Need to remember that it doesn't take a whole crew
to produce what we shuddered at yesterday.

One or two guys are enough.

Incompetence can be dismissed as a possible explanation. NOBODY is that flagrantly wrong
... that consistently ... ever.

Another possibility is that one (or two) simply acted under - say, "guidance" - from above.
And followed orders competently.
Make that, followed a suggestion.

We've got a lot of whiners in here. A shame since you won the game.

Amazing coming from a fan of a team GM'ed by Bill Polian. Wow.

Re: Officiating debaucle needs media attention

I think the only thing that has got me pissed off more than the officiating is the fact that all media replays I have seen of this game(ESPN, NBC) haven't even mentioned one single thing about any of the questionable calls. Sweeping it under the rug, I suppose.

Charles Manson didn't kill everyone in those houses, so it's hard to establish his murderous intent. If only he had killed everyone, then I could say that he intended to annihilate those families.

So it would have been the refs giving the Patriots over 200 yards in penalties instead of the 146? Gee, according to your thinking, why didn't the refs just TASER Brady and Moss during timeouts?

You need some sleep.

Charles Manson didn't kill everyone in those houses, so it's hard to establish his murderous intent. If only he had killed everyone, then I could say that he intended to annihilate those families.
No idea what that has to do with anything, but ok!

Re: Your take on the refs

They're crooked. I think the Moorhead catch we had to challenge is all you need to say this. Two refs on either side, one clearly looking at his feet. That's not a screw-up.

I just don't know if the Colts paid them off or if Vegas did.

haha...OK troll...I notice the Star took down the post by that moron who threatened to arrest Patriot fans for attending a game in the Cheaterdome...real sports ya got out there, haystacks. I sure wouldn't want to insult YOUR Momma/Seester or Daddy/brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes