PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Micah Vanterpool, OL

I'm surprised there's been no comment on this signing. Some background on the guy:

Draft scouting report - Micah Vanterpool Scouting Report | Hawaii OL | 2023 NFL Draft

Interview - 2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Micah Vanterpool, OL, University of Hawai'i

I hope Klemm can do something with him.
Others probably wanted to post something about him, but perhaps feared that this thread would wake the fellowship of the miserable, and that they would crawl out of their caves in order to write more snarky negativity regarding another about whom they know nothing. One report on the radio stated that he is an OT, so I was surprised to read that he played guard for most of his college career. Interesting, considering that their more pressing need seems to be at tackle.

Overall, Vanterpool started in 29 of 46 games during his Hawaii career – 13 at Right Guard, 11 at Left Guard, four at Left Tackle, and one at Right Tackle.

He has ideal size for an OT, so maybe that is where they plan to play him.

In his interview he cites his hands and his feet

What stands out about your film the most?

What stands out the most about me is my feet and my hands. My hands are always inside the defender and if not I always finish with the inside hand position. My feet really separate me from any other OL in this draft. Because I am always in control of my body in space.

I'd guess they see T possibilities for him.

His draft report reads pretty positively. I wonder what made him available at this point?

Others probably wanted to post something about him, but perhaps feared that this thread would wake the fellowship of the miserable, and that they would crawl out of their caves in order to write more snarky negativity regarding another about whom they know nothing. One report on the radio stated that he is an OT, so I was surprised to read that he played guard for most of his college career. Interesting, considering that their more pressing need seems to be at tackle.

I think this is a revolving door at the backend of the roster. If this doesn't work, they will bring in others.

Hopefully one of these guys has enough raw ability to be taught the tackle position.

It's a numbers game at this point. Even the staff doesn't know if Vanderpool is teachable this early.

I think this is a revolving door at the backend of the roster. If this doesn't work, they will bring in others.

Hopefully one of these guys has enough raw ability to be taught the tackle position.

It's a numbers game at this point. Even the staff doesn't know if Vanderpool is teachable this early.
As long as there are guys rattling around loose we might as well bring them in and see if they can catch on. We can't hardly do worse than the existing bottom end of the OL roster. Maybe one day some of that UDFA CB magic will rub off on the OL situation.

In his interview he cites his hands and his feet

I'd guess they see T possibilities for him.

His draft report reads pretty positively. I wonder what made him available at this point?

Hawaii played Michigan (stud DTs Mike Morris, Mazi Smith) and Western Kentucky (highly ranked NT/DT Brodric Martin, 3rd rd to Detriot) last year. Maybe the Pats scouts watched the film of those games and saw that he acquitted himself well.

Overall, Vanterpool started in 29 of 46 games during his Hawaii career – 13 at Right Guard, 11 at Left Guard, four at Left Tackle, and one at Right Tackle.

He has ideal size for an OT, so maybe that is where they plan to play him.
This isn’t a pressing need signing. It’s at best a practice squad audition

Why is he available? What did everyone see that made him undraftable or free agent signing? His tape looks like he is better than a lot of the folks we have in camp.

Last edited:
Why is he available? What did everyone see the made him undraftable or free agent signing? His tape looks like he is better than a lot of the folks we have in camp.
Thats a step in the right direction for sure.

Why is he available? What did everyone see the made him undraftable or free agent signing? His tape looks like he is better than a lot of the folks we have in camp.
This is the mystery. I haven't been able to dig up anything.

Hjalte Froholdt is going into his 6th year and and he is expected to start (we drafted him). These "projects" can take a long time and not work out. That is why Vanterpool is available.

Should we have released Froholdt or waited 6 years? We would have had to release another player on the 53 for a number of years to keep Froholdt after the practice squad.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back