PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Dolphins TE Dustin Keller looks to be out for the year or at least a LONG time

ACL, MCL, PCL tear and dislocated knee. That poor guy!

Adam Schefter
Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.

Damn, that's rough...

that is a brutal injury.....definitely career ending...good luck...with that

sad to hear. You never ever want to see that happen.

He plays for a rival and played for a bigger rival in the past. My best wishes to him.

This is terrible news... I wish him all the best in his recovery. Damn shame.

This is terrible news... I wish him all the best in his recovery. Damn shame.

Just awful to see a young man's life turned upside-down in an instant. (And a preseason instant, at that.)

I really hope he can recover to life an active and pain-free life.

Docs also fear nerve damage.

Sounds like an career ending injury.

Bummer, wish him a full recovery. I bet he was rejuvenated too from getting away from those butt fumbles.

so the question is...... Should he be allowed to take Steroids and/or HGH to aid his recovery?

I think players should be allowed.

If you hit a player in the head you get fined, dumb excuse for thug hit.

He could have hit him in the Hip or Chest and completed the tackle, but no he went for the cheap shot to the Knee to put Keller out for the year.

I'm with you.

Sympathy to Keller.

Is that still the same 'wonderful' turf in Houston that Welker blew out his knee on, or did they change it?

Welker didn't blow out his knee. He's just got a mild ankle sprain.
Wes Welker injury: Broncos receiver has mild right ankle sprain - Mile High Report

Too bad about Keller. Injury is an occupational risk in the NFL but you hate to see players go down like that.

so the question is...... Should he be allowed to take Steroids and/or HGH to aid his recovery?

Really blurs the line too much, drug testing will turn positive regardless of the reason of the drug use. Plus then players will use injury as an excuse for juicing. Let's just not go there.

The hit was perfectly legal and there was NO intent to injure.

FYI, there isn't a coach in the sport who doesn't teach a player to go low...especially if there is a particularly big size mismatch.

With the speed of the game, you don't even have much time to process the thought of trying to hurt someone...you just get the player down in as effective a way as possible.

You should never ever be tackling above the waist anyway. Waist is the most ideal but you can take a player by the legs (preferably by wrapping up) but these things happen.

Overreactions are what wreck this sport. I have played and coached and I've taken people around the legs plenty of times...never resulted in an injury of an opponent but the freak occurrence does happen.

I hate it when these two very different substances are mentioned together.

HGH did amazing things for one of my children.

Given what these guys do for a living, which is to submit their bodies to damage beyond what's reasonable, all for our entertainment, I'm hard pressed to suggest that they not be given any (safe) medical treatment available. And HGH, in appropriate doses and under physician supervision, is entirely safe.

I don't understand why there can't be a single NFL designated doctor that can issue exemptions for career threatening major injuries. If the use of HGH and Steroids are a medically acceptable method for treating such injuries, which I believe they are, then players should be allowed access to such treatments. I have no problem with a player that uses such methods to recover from these types of injuries to save their careers.

If you hit a player in the head you get fined, dumb excuse for thug hit.

He could have hit him in the Hip or Chest and completed the tackle, but no he went for the cheap shot to the Knee to put Keller out for the year.

Cool.

I look forward to more thoughtful and detailed analysis of what young men moving faster than any of else will ever move should have done in a split second decision.

Cool.

I look forward to more thoughtful and detailed analysis of what young men moving faster than any of else will ever move should have done in a split second decision.

The notion he suggested of hitting someone in the chest is stupid. Which coach ever teaches you to tackle that high? Waist is ideal, but the are LOADS of examples of low hits...this was a FREAK injury.

ibiHwjbqkuZ6wR.gif

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back