PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

mesko released

Mesko was a good punter. I rather someone come in and challenge Gostkowski for the placekicking position.

Sucks to see him go, seems like a cool guy had some funny tweets. I see it as kind of what should have happened with Adam and Robbie Gould back in 05. Make the decision a year early to go with the younger guy if you don't think you'll bring back the vet. Mesko isn't that old and I can't imagine he'd be too expensive so bit of a head scratcher unless Allen ends up being better or about the same. But, I guess we'll see. Good luck Zoltan, won't forget that booming punt that ended up helping us beat baltimore back in 2010.

Is it possible the other was just as good, or close enough to Mesko and for less.

There are better punters out there but really you getung Rid of him for Allen he is defiantly not as good as Mesko. If is contract we to high why did they resign him for more money.

I don't know if this has been posted, but if so, it deserves to be posted again!

0301mesko.jpg

he's only a punter but when you have a average at best defense like the pats do you need a good punter. hoping Allen is just as good

CHB is obviously happy

Dan Shaughnessy ‏@Dan_Shaughnessy 13h
Pats cut Zoltan Mesko. Top community guy on the team at a time when team needs community. Also good punter. Is this over money?

Without being a jerk, there's a thread for Patriots players being cut KY. There's no need to start a new one every time a player is cut.

disagree. this was a big surprise; he was on just about everybody's list of 53. Mesko deserves his own thread.

When releasing our veteran punter is the thing to spark angry controversy from fans during cut downs to 53...well, then, I think things are pretty okay.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back