PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade for JC Jackson

While I'm not at all confident that the dude isn't washed at this point (putting aside the potential legal issues as well), at the very least you shouldn't need a lot of time to get him up to speed on the defense. For a team that needs help at corner NOW, that's the "best" thing you can look for. Not holding my breath that he's a difference maker, but he should be better in man coverage than Wade or Bryant.

I guess that means Gonzo is out for the season and/or the Jones Brothers are going to be out longer than we think.
Not so sure it means all of that. Marcus Jones we know is likely done for the year. But even still, the depth is depleted with all three of those guys already dealing with injuries. Bill clearly saw he can't have Myles Bryant out there as a starting outside CB.

Austin Powers Lol GIF

They better restructure his contract. I wanted him back next season when he was inevitably released.

Wow

It makes sense guessing he’s a taking an sig pay cut.
I actually really like this move.
Bill got the most out of him.
I’m sure he will forever grateful to be back.
Can only have Myles Bryant back there for so long.
So when If Gonzo comes back we arguably have the best backfield with The 3 Jones JC

Not much given up at all, win win really:

They better restructure his contract. I wanted him back next season when he was inevitably released.

Need to rework that deal for sure.
now go get some coverage linebackers a explosive running back a o line and Will Grier starter reps.

A glass half full perspective that Arch will inevitably disagree with is that JC was pretty fantastic here, and the Chargers may be one of the most poorly coached defenses in the league.

It would not shock me one bit if he improved his performance returning here. Worth a shot either way.

A glass half full perspective that Arch will inevitably disagree with is that JC was pretty fantastic here, and the Chargers may be one of the most poorly coached defenses in the league. It would not shock me one bit if he improved his performance returning here. Worth a shot either way.
Have to coach bad habits and rebuild that confidence teams will test him early if he’s on the field.

A glass half full perspective that Arch will inevitably disagree with is that JC was pretty fantastic here, and the Chargers may be one of the most poorly coached defenses in the league.

It would not shock me one bit if he improved his performance returning here. Worth a shot either way.
He's a good player in this system. Outside of it, not so much. Fortunately, he's coming back to the system where he has success.

I have to imagine he's taking a payout or the Chargers are paying a good chunk of any owed money otherwise this isn't a great deal for us.
Nothing to lose. The chargers eat the signing bonus, dead money if he is cut is zero.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back