PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merril Hoge rips Bruschi's play in Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, did that guy really predict that we wouldn't win the AFC East without Moss? I hate ESPN. 6 losses? Do they really think Moss has that much of an impact? I thought these were the same people that were saying Moss wasn't even playing well at the end of the year and that we don't really need him?

Merrill Hoge...perennial NFL all pro and certified expert....oh wait....did I just print that????....HELLLLLLLLLLP!....somebody's spiked my OJ with hallucinogenics!!!....

wow, did that guy really predict that we wouldn't win the AFC East without Moss? I hate ESPN. 6 losses? Do they really think Moss has that much of an impact? I thought these were the same people that were saying Moss wasn't even playing well at the end of the year and that we don't really need him?

9-10 losses is actually what they are saying. The Bills were second at 7-9.

IMO, he's still solid against the run, and his smarts help him in coverage, but his playmaking days are clearly over. He's basically a JAG at this point, but an experienced, fairly competent one.

Pretty fair assessment, although I recall seeing Bruschi physically overpowered and blown out of plays quite a few times the last couple years. Seau made more big plays in '07 and he's five years older than Tedy. Bruschi is now average on the verge of becoming a liability (as a starter) in the middle, it's sad to say. The game is passing him by.

Last edited:
While I sometimes enjoy the primetime show regardless of Hoge and Ditka, the thing I most hate about Hoge is how critical he can be toward certain teams and its players, namely the Pats and Eagles, when his teams never had success in his pro days and he was an average, if that, running back/fullback. I think the ESPN shows will only be more unbearable to watch this year now that the most pro-Patriots player is out, Sean Salisbury.

I've been living under a rock the past month. What happened to Salisbury? I enjoyed his commentary regardless of whether he loved or hated the Pats.

He's not the player he was pre-stroke, but I would rather have him over guys like Beisel or Chad Brown.

That's not saying much, now is it?

He's lost more than a step. He's lost about five steps. It's his smarts that keep him on the team - and the fact that they are hurting at LB - especially inside LB. I just hope that Seau returns for another year - Seau was far superior to Bruschi last season. Whoever said that Bruschi is a JAG at this stage is completely correct.....he may even be worse than average at this stage of his career. Sorry folks.

Last edited:
I've been living under a rock the past month. What happened to Salisbury? I enjoyed his commentary regardless of whether he loved or hated the Pats.

He was let go from his contract, and he suggested that was because ESPN was looking for more big name players on the studio shows. Seriously, how can they have Emmitt on a show and not have Salisbury?

He was let go from his contract, and he suggested that was because ESPN was looking for more big name players on the studio shows. Seriously, how can they have Emmitt on a show and not have Salisbury?

They needed to increase their percentage of analysts who speak English as a second language and Emmitt fit the bill?

They needed to increase their percentage of analysts who speak English as a second language and Emmitt fit the bill?

That's just straight ignant, dawg.

IMO, he's still solid against the run, and his smarts help him in coverage, but his playmaking days are clearly over. He's basically a JAG at this point, but an experienced, fairly competent one.

Totally agree... one of the savviest players on the field, but, heck, he had a stroke.

And he still has the heart of a champion.

He is my favorite Patriot player.

He just isn't young anymore though.

Life happens.

Does he have a new gig somewhere?

Teddy is in the twilight of his career, he can't play every down and has lost his quickness but his football smarts will get him thru another year as a part timer. Same with Junior. BB and Pioli have their work cut out for them in the coming draft, in 12 days.

This thread is a great example of how this board has gone down hill. Honestly, can anyone say ANYTHING without it being preceived here as an insult to the Pats? Tell Bruschi to make a play in the Super Bowl so the pundits don't have anything to say and this won't be an issue.

I don't think that this thread is a great example of that at all. As a matter of fact, I've found that the majorty of posts in it, so far, have been very fair in their assessments of Bruschi's ability at this stage of his career. Most of the people here have generally agreed with that drain-bamaged douchebag Hoge. Can't get more fair than that.

I think that the Official reason given by the 4-letter network for Sean's release is the same as it was for Harold Reynolds: inappropriate behavior. In Sean's case, and someone please correct if I'm wrong, he allegedly took a photo/copy of his Woody Woodpecker and then e-mailed it to at least one female employee. Allegedly.

I think that the Official reason given by the 4-letter network for Sean's release is the same as it was for Harold Reynolds: inappropriate behavior. In Sean's case, and someone please correct if I'm wrong, he allegedly took a photo/copy of his Woody Woodpecker and then e-mailed it to at least one female employee. Allegedly.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes