PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My problem with Bill Belichick as a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... I read about half of this thread and then started skimming...
It has already been mentioned that our team drafts LATE almost every year...
The salary cap is the great equalizer... Yes you can criticize this team...
Yes we need(ed) WR's... Yes our LB's are slow...

I think what some members are missing is the fact that our coaching staff is successful because they *usually* extract every ounce of talent and discipline out of the players they have NOT because they have the best players across the board.
Also ive heard a couple of times that a successful coach in the nfl has a self life of 8-10 years at that point the players start tuned him out. But BB has a high turnover rate on the team so except for a few players (brady for example) they're not around long enough to tune him out.

Considering from 2010 to now we made it to 4 super bowls (more than any other team) and won two ( we were in position to win every single one of them), i see nothing wrong with Bill's philosophy. We're already the best team for the second decade in a row.

Considering from 2010 to now we made it to 4 super bowls (more than any other team) and won two ( we were in position to win every single one of them), i see nothing wrong with Bill's philosophy. We're already the best team for the second decade in a row.

Since 2001, Bill's philosophy has been "Tom Brady".

Why can't all these great Super Bowl winning teams ever win by more than the skin of their teeth? 3, 3, 3, 4, 6. Interceptions at the goal line and 25 point comebacks. Did the Patriots just happen to face the five best NFC teams in the past 18 years?

Even poopy pants Peyton won by 12 and 14. Had the Pats not pissed away the one seed in 2015, would there be any doubt that they'd be down by 10 in the 4th against Carolina, needing Brady to score two TD's as usual?

They've always been passive. I watch these other teams, even the crap ones, and even they have one d-lineman who blows up his guy one on one and nails the QB. When do the Pats ever do that?

Since 2001, Bill's philosophy has been "Tom Brady".
Offensively absolutely, but defensively the Belichick way is still very effective. It's just unfortunate that Brady didn't get any help on D last super bowl. But over time, Bill is proven to be correct.

Offensively absolutely, but defensively the Belichick way is still very effective. It's just unfortunate that Brady didn't get any help on D last super bowl. But over time, Bill is proven to be correct.

You're making leaps that aren't supported by evidence.

4 Superbowls.

Oh, right. The second Super Bowl where Coughlin bent over Belichick with his 9-7 team. Other than the Bears, that was definitely the worst team to make the SB since 2001. Did the Pats even have the ball in the first quarter? Eli completed 75 percent of his passes. Does he even do that in practice?

It was "never ever overpay your own FA

A more accurate credo would be, "only pay top dollar for your own FA". Brady, Gronk, Mankins, Solder, Wilfork, etc make clear that NE is willing to give people top 5 annual pay, they're just selective about who gets the money.

You caught a lot of flack for this post but nothing that has occurred tonight has given credence to those discrediting your thoughts.

If anyone still doesn't have a problem with the Emperor, then they're just lying to themselves.

Why can't all these great Super Bowl winning teams ever win by more than the skin of their teeth? 3, 3, 3, 4, 6. Interceptions at the goal line and 25 point comebacks. Did the Patriots just happen to face the five best NFC teams in the past 18 years?

Even poopy pants Peyton won by 12 and 14. Had the Pats not pissed away the one seed in 2015, would there be any doubt that they'd be down by 10 in the 4th against Carolina, needing Brady to score two TD's as usual?

They've always been passive. I watch these other teams, even the crap ones, and even they have one d-lineman who blows up his guy one on one and nails the QB. When do the Pats ever do that?
Yeah , they barely won those SB's . just the luckiest team in 20 yrs.

I get the pushback coming with the scoring defense is all that matters but this game is changing. He better adapt and add more speed next offseason.

Will probably take a respite from the nattering nabobs of negativity, to think that somehow BB has not developed "playmakers" after going to the SB two of the past three years is preposterous.. our defense always and probably will be utilitarian and functional. When you pick from the back year after year, there will be more misses than hits..

Right now this team is playing like crap, that is all that is necessary.. with things get better?? Mostest likely...

Read and react works when your personnel can win their one-on-one matchups. It really is critical for the DL to win their matchups.

We've been blessed to have Washington, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Hamilton, even the backups that came in like Jarvis Green won their matchups. It sets the tone and allows room for our LBs to run. We just don't have those guys anymore. Our DL got their sh#t pushed in last night, all night.

It also helps when your offense scores and forces the other offense to become one dimensional and makes it easier for our D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3