PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My problem with Bill Belichick as a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying that Brady is more important to winning than Belichick is not the same as saying that Belichick sucks. That's total nonsense.
1dykxb.jpg

Couldn't quite find the right image (obviously idiot doesn't apply here).

Not sure if you’re joking but I agree with @Brady6 that the Pats should have more titles than 5. They at least should’ve won one title between ‘05-‘07. That was disturbing.

And assuming no HoF QB ending up with those records is something to be ashamed of or considered not successful ? Seriously?

No wonder the clowns in here can’t appreciate or respect other first ballot HoF coaches like Andy Reid.

Are you calling people clowns because they don't agree that Belichick is more important to winning than Brady?

Saying that Brady is more important to winning than Belichick is not the same as saying that Belichick sucks. That's total nonsense.
Yeah, that’s not what people are saying around here.

I'm not saying that they both aren't important to the Pats' success, only that Brady is more important. The numbers don't lie.

Numbers lie all the time. It's how you interpret them that matters. We can agree to disagree. :)

Look, BB has said it many,many times: " the players win the games".
The problem with a lot of you is you just don't take BB at face value, probably cause a lot of you bring your own neurotic agendas here. He's really one of the most simple people to understand you'll ever meet. He's honest. He says exactly what he means,with no b.s. no window-dressing. He is ,above all, a technician. He LOVES football. Probably more than almost all the guys who ever played for him.
When he says the players are responsible for wins, he's not showing false humility. He believes it. Because it's true. What he doesn't say, is that players also lose games. And that's just as true.
But no coach puts his players in a better position to win than BB. Doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes. But he makes far fewer than anyone else.
I've been a Pats fan since 1961,their 2nd season. I've seen it all. Y'all better appreciate BB and Brady because you'll NEVER see their like again.

Why are we talking about what Belichick did in 2005? Do we get to attend games with the tickets we purchased in 2005? No we don’t, hell I would be willing to bet a large number of us couldn’t even fit our stomachs into the jerseys we purchased in 2008. Things change people change, games change, the only constant in life is change. Stop talking about what Belichick did a decade ago and start looking at how he is 1-3 in his last four games coached, had a horrible draft, and a horrible free agency, plus he had issues with the 2 best players on the team.

You know how Belichick says he doesn’t want to talk about last season, well neither do I; I want to talk about what is going on right now and right now everything he has done sucks. So stop living in the past people.

Not sure if you’re joking but I agree with @Brady6 that the Pats should have more titles than 5. They at least should’ve won one title between ‘05-‘07. That was disturbing.
I think you can make a strong case that they should’ve won another title in the past 7 years, which included trips to the AFCCG every year.

That period bothers me more. 7 trips to the conference title only produced 2 SBs, and while that’s probably right in line with the league average, it still stings.

I think you can make a strong case that they should’ve won another title in the past 7 years, which included trips to the AFCCG every year.

That period bothers me more. 7 trips to the conference title only produced 2 SBs, and while that’s probably right in line with the league average, it still stings.
Yep. That’s another period that is disturbing.

Should’ve won in “11.

Should’ve at least got there in ‘12.

Broncos were the better team in ‘13.

Pats were the best team in the AFC in ‘15. Their strategy for the last two games of the regular season was something any other coach gets fired over. All they had to do was beat the pathetic Jest and they could’ve rested their starters against the Dolphins with homefield throughout the playoffs . Nope, they trotted out their starters and tried to run the ball to victory. Brady decided to throw the ball later in the game when it was close.

We already know the story for ‘17.

Why are we talking about what Belichick did in 2005? Do we get to attend games with the tickets we purchased in 2005? No we don’t, hell I would be willing to bet a large number of us couldn’t even fit our stomachs into the jerseys we purchased in 2008. Things change people change, games change, the only constant in life is change. Stop talking about what Belichick did a decade ago and start looking at how he is 1-3 in his last four games coached, had a horrible draft, and a horrible free agency, plus he had issues with the 2 best players on the team.

You know how Belichick says he doesn’t want to talk about last season, well neither do I; I want to talk about what is going on right now and right now everything he has done sucks. So stop living in the past people.

Meh on the post.
Love the font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3