PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Peter King says more small parts to trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so?Back up how we are on par with them?They have a better defense and they are getting back Santonio Holmes.Another threat.I would take our QB but he doesnt have as many weapons as the jets have.

How so?Back up how we are on par with them?They have a better defense and they are getting back Santonio Holmes.Another threat.I would take our QB but he doesnt have as many weapons as the jets have.

The argument wasn't that the Jets don't have more talent, but the idea that they are light years ahead of us suggests we can't even compete. That's a far more ludicrous statement than what I said.

We traded a 7, too? As if the Vikings would of refused if there wasn't a 7 included?

We traded a 7, too? As if the Vikings would of refused if there wasn't a 7 included?

Yes.... but 7s are only important when the team gets them and drafts a Cassel/Edelman/etc... They're useless when the team is getting rid of them.

Last edited:
Bottom line is they didn't have to trade him, they could have maximized his production in a contract year then let him walk and get the 3rd anyway.

Prepare for 6-10

Just want to be clear. You are going on the record here, predicting that the Patriots will go 3 - 9 the remainder of this season Riddler ?

Yes.... but 7s are only important when the team gets them and drafts a Cassel/Edelman/etc... They're useless when the team is getting rid of them.

Wow, according to the geniuses here, the Pats can't draft worth a damn anyway, so what are you whining about?

Last edited:
Well the jury is still out on some of the picks.I could care less about draft picks.I want a team thats gonna win ball games now in the prime of Brady's career.They where building up the defense little by little and now they just traded a big piece of the offense.Now the offense is like the defense taking baby steps.

except for the fact that the defensive backs have been playing against Moss all year in training camp and practice. I am sure BB will have a pretty good gameplan against Moss.

Now if we had a pass rusher we could just beat the crap out of Farve.

Those DBs made Fitzpatrick look like Jim Kelly. It's not gonna be pretty! You can practice against a guy all you want, it doesn't mean you have the talent to contain him.

Tell me we at least get an upgraded pick if/when Moss tears it up in Minnesota.

You're right Cassel, Edelman, Givens etc. were useless. Let's just get rid of our 7s! Duh.

Last edited:
Jets were better last season than Pats and are better this season than the Pats and even better now that Moss is gone
thats just what it is- no matter how much you hate the jets

Well the jury is still out on some of the picks.I could care less about draft picks.I want a team thats gonna win ball games now in the prime of Brady's career.They where building up the defense little by little and now they just traded a big piece of the offense.Now the offense is like the defense taking baby steps.

Dude, winning ball games isn't what the goal is. Its winning championships, and even with Moss, the Patriots would not be contenders this year. Lots of people are up in arms about the trade in the wake of the Miami win. The defense will not play that well each week. They will not be up to the standards against the top teams in the league.
I want the Patriots to be dominant again. I like BB's plan.

Dude, winning ball games isn't what the goal is. Its winning championships, and even with Moss, the Patriots would not be contenders this year. Lots of people are up in arms about the trade in the wake of the Miami win. The defense will not play that well each week. They will not be up to the standards against the top teams in the league.

wonder when he is going to upgrade the Dline?

Which is wait for next year? Ok. Great plan. Let's trade everyone now and wait for next year. We'll have 50 draft picks and we will be awesome! NOT.

Did i miss something?Is Brady 23 years old?I thought he was 33?They where doing that fine!The defense would grow from game to game.The offense is back to the damn drawing board!This is good down the road in 3 to 4 years when Brady will be 37 years old!

I know a lot of you guys are bandwagoners who showed up around 2007, but seriously. Brady won three Super Bowls throwing to the likes of David Givens and David Patten. Hell, he almost took us to the Super Bowl with Reche freakin' Caldwell as our #1. You can't honestly think our current receiving corps is worse than any of those years. The problem's not offense here, folks.

And what happened to the "OMG Brady only ever throws it deep to Moss" crowd?

Which is wait for next year? Ok. Great plan. Let's trade everyone now and wait for next year. We'll have 50 draft picks and we will be awesome! NOT.

The San Francisco 49er's were the last dominant team over a long stretch. They were able to remain that way because they cut good players even when they had gas left in the tank (Ronnie Lott). They did this before the salary cap.
In addition, their was bad chemistry on the team last year which caused a lot of problems(something that almost everyone here has mentioned). Moss has been a malcontent this year. After a big win, talks about himself not being wanted. Talks to the press about him not being here next year. Asked to be traded. Gets into a heated argument at halftime during a game. Yea, lets keep him because he's a great role model for the youngsters.
If that's not enough, his track record called for him to be disruptive this year.
We do not have 50 picks. We have double picks in the first four rounds. Something I'm quite happy about.
Go back and check out how well the Dallas Cowboys did after their third title. You may not like getting rid of good players, but I'm sure you'll like the next championship. Bottom line, we do not win a championship with Moss this year.

Seriously? Moss wasn't worth the 3rd rounder alone? And here I was, thinking that the moving part was probably the pick conditionally being upgraded if Moss and Favre go nuts...

How do the Pats get worked over by a motivated buyer? Don't get it, seems like a panic sell and that's not really the Pats' M.O.

Yep. That's pretty much how desperate we were to get him out of town.

It was a panic move!No doubt about it.

A patriots fan just like u.Wat u mean who am i .A poster whose upset over this move and wat they got in return.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore