Re: OT: McNabb didn't know a tie was possible

Yo, Donovan my man! This is for you!
Soon as he's done with that he needs:
517fnhwyEmL.jpg

I'm assuming it was tongue-in-cheek.

If it was, it's even more deadpan than Welker claiming he might play QB if needed. :)

That vaunted Syracuse edumacation once again showing through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Rush Limbaugh was RIGHT!!!!! OVERATED!!!!

I thought that too, until he kept going on and on about it, never showing a sign that he was kidding. I'm convinced he was serious.

Of course today he'll come out and say he was joking the whole time, but I'm calling BS if he does that. He looked like a guy who was blindsided by a rule he wasn't aware of, and miffed about it.

Regards,
Chris

Like Chris just above me... I assumed the same thing until I saw the video. This guy was clueless. Amazing.

Like Chris just above me... I assumed the same thing until I saw the video. This guy was clueless. Amazing.
And the video in the OP is not the whole exchange. One needs to see the portion where he starts ranting about what happens in the playoffs or Superbowl if the game isn't settled after one OT. That's when I said to myself, "Holy crap, he's serious!"

Regards,
Chris

If I am not mistaken wasn't Atlanta in 2002 one of the better teams in the NFC like Philly was and didn't the Falcons tie with Pittsburgh in a game back then?

Guess McNabb never looked at the standings or scores or ever watched ESPN or read the newspaper,or listened to the radio or... :rolleyes:

Didn't you know McNabb is ******ed?

Looking at this picture reminds me of Forrest Gump's friend Bubba who wanted to join with Gump as a business partner of a Shrimp distribution company.

mcnabb.jpg

bubba.jpg

Last edited:

If I am not mistaken wasn't Atlanta in 2002 one of the better teams in the NFC like Philly was and didn't the Falcons tie with Pittsburgh in a game back then?

Guess McNabb never looked at the standings or scores or ever watched ESPN or read the newspaper,or listened to the radio or... :rolleyes:
And Philly played that Atlanta team in the postseason. You think Donovan would have questioned why Atlanta was 9-6-1.

"What's the 'one' for?"

Regards,
Chris

Didnt jhe play in a tie game a few years back? I know the Eagles tied the Ravens, but i dont remember when, maybe it was right before he was drafted?
I believe it was Pittsburgh vs Atlanta?

I am in agreement w/ my fellow PA residents: the Eagles media/fanbase are very, very very POed right now, because they have seen similar brainfarts from this loser HC/QB combo multiple times during the past 4 seasons. If ownership were smart, it would fire Reid & trade McNabb as soon as possible, and hire Steve Spagnuolo from the jints.

For the last several seasons I have listened to the media ballwash McNabb as an elite QB and Reid as an elite HC and the Eagles organization as one of the most well run and elite in the league in the mode of the NEP. I always felt that nothing could be further from the truth... I guess I wasn't entirely nuts...

For the last several seasons I have listened to the media ballwash McNabb as an elite QB and Reid as an elite HC and the Eagles organization as one of the most well run and elite in the league in the mode of the NEP. I always felt that nothing could be further from the truth... I guess I wasn't entirely nuts...

Try living here.....Reid is 1-9 the last two years in games decided by less than 7 points. that is just bad coaching and bad execution. There is always some reason or excuse and it's old..They had a good run from 2000-2004 but could never win it all and they jumped the shark, as they say and are just a .500 club the last three plus years (29-28-1)...
Could it be that Reid and McNabb are overrated?

What blew my mind is that ESPN spun this like it was no big deal last night, like no one knew about ties. Now today they are regarding this with the appropriate amount of shock that an NFL player would not know this rule.

We are lucky that we have a coach who knows about the fair catch/free kick rule when some coaches aren't even aware of ties.

well, he was busy vomiting.......

Philly's execution of the "hurry-up" offense was the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever seen in my life. :)

Here's an intresting tidbit i got from PFT:

With a 2009 base salary of $9.2 million and a remaining bonus proration of $1.16 million, dumping McNabb would create more than $8 million in 2009 cap space.

Carrying the $1.16 million in dead money would be no big deal for the Eagles, especially since they pushed more than $10 million of 2008 cap surplus into 2009 via a phony eight-figure LTBE incentive given to fullback/defensive tackle/fullback/defensive tackle/fullback Dan Klecko.

In all, McNabb is signed through 2013. His salaries after next season are $10 million, $12.07 million, $14.1 million, and $16.2 million.

There is no bonus proration remaining on the deal after 2009.

Trading McNabb is a longshot, absent a significant restructuring of his deal.

I wonder if they would do it? Just cut McNabb? The cap savings would be huge, although the next year is uncapped, so I don't know how that would work. But that is alot of money for a guy who doesn't seem to be able to carry the team.

Philly's execution of the "hurry-up" offense was the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever seen in my life. :)
IIRC in Patriots Reign, Holley quoted BB as asking one of his coaches " we're up by 10 right?" because he couldn't believe they were so lackadaisical in the hurry up when they needed two scores..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case