PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McGahee is classless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find outrage on what he said.

It's just that it was made public. Big no no. Makes him look like a jerk.

I don't care that he thinks that just don't tell it to the fans who have rooted for you and bought your jersey for the past three years.

Well yeah. I remember seeing that injury during the game. I thought McGahee was done and then he got better. Then Buffalo took the biggest risk and selected him in the first round.

I hope he has fun in Baltimore. :snob:

Cities I'd Go To Rank...
San Diego
Boston
SF
LA
Denver
Washington DC (museums)
Phoenix (outskirts)
Miami (outskirts)
Atlanta (burbs)
Chicago
Providence
Dallas
Baltimore (waterfront is nice, the rest is the pits)
NYC
Minneapolis
Buffalo

Cities I'd Go To Rank...
San Diego
Boston
SF
LA
Denver
Washington DC (museums)
Phoenix (outskirts)
Miami (outskirts)
Atlanta (burbs)
Chicago
Providence
Dallas
Baltimore (waterfront is nice, the rest is the pits)
NYC
Minneapolis
Buffalo

Go to if what? You were in the NFL? Come on. . . .you forgot a couple don't you think?:rolleyes:

im a McGahee fan. Hes right..Buffalo is crap. i drove through upstate NY and Buffalo and that place is BORING. farms all the way up to Toronto

let him speak his mind..Buffalo is definatley not an entaining place but maybe he shouldnt have said it out load

the only place i've been to in newyork is the city, and i've also visited r.i.t. (rochester institute of technology)...and on the way up to rochester...it was...quite...boring....i'd have to agree...

and having been to baltimore also....i'd also choose baltimore...as i am also a mcgahee fan too lol....

i guess mcgahee prefers baltimore over buffalo b/c buffalo is so secluded from the rest of the state....the city is totally different from buffalo(assuming)....and baltimore is a big city and probably has a lot more to do because it probably has a bigger tourist rate than buffalo, and plus you can always go down into virigina and carolinas or you can go up to the city or a.c....that's within a 2-3 hour drive....isntead of say driving down 6 hours just to get to central jersey from buffalo

and plus, the ravens have a lot of guys that are from the U...so obviously he'll be more comfortable...and theres less snow in baltimore so he wont be locked in when a big blizzard hits:D

Go to if what? You were in the NFL? Come on. . . .you forgot a couple don't you think?:rolleyes:

Just the ones I know

oh, I forgot Newark, just 20 blank spaces below Buffalo

Last edited:
Because I don't understand why people get upset when a sports player doesn't like the city they happen to be forced to live in. They are human beings, they are allowed to have an opinion on their living situation just like anyone else. And if Joe Shmoe 23 y/o from U of Miami moved up to Buffalo, NY, I'm pretty sure no one would be surprised if he thought it was boring. Heck, I'm sure there's plenty of Patriots who might think Boston is boring compared to many other cities.

The thing is, since he's a professional, he has to be more mature than that and keep these things to himself. He sounds like a total, complete d-bag saying it.

Right. Their SINCERE attitude should be "I'm a very, very lucky young man. I look around me and see a few who are luckier yet, but I have no right to whine about not being one of them."

Probably his trouble with the girls comes from being a total jerk too.

I can't help but laugh.

From PFT:

McGAHEE MIGHT NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO BUFFALO

The Buffalo Bills traded running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens. In 2007, the Buffalo Bills play the Baltimore Ravens.

And the game is scheduled to be played in Buffalo.

On the surface, the notion of McGahee heading back to Western New York doesn't have the same sex appeal as T.O.'s return to the Linc. But, by the time the game is played, the venom flowing from the local fans to their former star could eclipse the hatred that folks in Philly felt for Terrell Owens.

If, of course, McGahee continues to run his mouth.

"I couldn't wait to get out of there," McGahee told the Baltimore Sun regarding his former home. He fled after the season ended, and had no intention of returning.

When the trade to Baltimore went through, McGahee got his wish. "I was yelling and [stuff], running through the whole house, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'" McGahee said. "It was such a relief."

So what was the problem with Buffalo?

"Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I'm like, 'What the?' And, you know, the women . . . ."

What about the women, Willis? Please, elaborate. Because we can't wait to see the welcome that those women will provide when you come back, hopefully for a prime time game.

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," McGahee said of his status in Miami. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Frankly, there are far worse things McGahee could have been doing. We realize that most NFL players are young men who crave the adoration and all that that implies. But life is a lot more than hanging out in clubs and being surrounded by people who would never tell you anything you don't want to hear. The sooner that every NFL player understands this, the sooner we'll be able to quit tracking so many player arrests.

With the loss of AT, and aging Ray Ray, McBroke at QB, and now this guy, I'll take Cincy in that division!

Miami players make me sick.

Why do they call it the "U", when they should call it the "ME"?

Make your lists: McGahee, Shockey, Winslow, Portis (who can act like a fool at times), Philip Buchanon, Sean Taylor, and soon to be Brandon Merriweather.

Unfortunately, there are guys that have kept their noses clean. Vince Wilfork as been a stand up guy for the Pats amoungst others. Sad that a few big mouths can ruin it for others.

Good for him. Buffalo is a boring town. Baltimore isn't a real happening place either. When you get out of college, life kind of slows down.

He'll figure it out.

the only place i've been to in newyork is the city, and i've also visited r.i.t. (rochester institute of technology)...and on the way up to rochester...it was...quite...boring....i'd have to agree...

and having been to baltimore also....i'd also choose baltimore...as i am also a mcgahee fan too lol....

i guess mcgahee prefers baltimore over buffalo b/c buffalo is so secluded from the rest of the state....the city is totally different from buffalo(assuming)....and baltimore is a big city and probably has a lot more to do because it probably has a bigger tourist rate than buffalo, and plus you can always go down into virigina and carolinas or you can go up to the city or a.c....that's within a 2-3 hour drive....isntead of say driving down 6 hours just to get to central jersey from buffalo

and plus, the ravens have a lot of guys that are from the U...so obviously he'll be more comfortable...and theres less snow in baltimore so he wont be locked in when a big blizzard hits:D

Yeah, I agree Boston sucks, I was once within 80 miles of it in a little town just outside Connecticut. I think it was Sturbridge. man, Boston sucks if it's anything like Sturbridge.

Just as FYI, Ska, Baltimore-metro area which stretches to Towson and College Park (46 miles) has 2.6 million people. The Buffalo-Rochester metro area (again, 48 miles) has 2.9 million people.

So you say big cities like DC and Philly are nearby? Well, Toronto is right near Buffalo. Ever been there? It's a big city, and it has more going on than Philly and DC do, combined.

Good for him. Buffalo is a boring town. Baltimore isn't a real happening place either. When you get out of college, life kind of slows down.

He'll figure it out.

No he won't. He went to U. of Miami.

Cities I'd Go To Rank...
San Diego
Boston

I'll probably never live out of Massachusetts, but I've been to San Diego for some video shoots for work. That is a nice city, the weather is downright immaculate. Warm during the day, cool at night.

Boston is like New York Compared to Buffalo. 70 colleges in and around the city. Endless bars and clubs, plus ton of coeds running around. The night life in places like NY, LA, Vegas and Miami are on the 1A level. Places like Boston and Chicago are on the lb level. That is why (aside from the great schools) everyone comes to Boston to attend college. I went to NU and it was the four craziest years of my life. I was a gm of a few night clubs in the city over the years also. There is a great nightlife scene. Anyone who thinks the boston nightlife is Boring does not go anywhere remotley cool to party on the weekends. The theater district clubs, the clubs downtown, all the bars in fanuel hall, Boylston, Newbury, Brighton and Cambridge. The million college parties at all the big college campuses strewn about the city. There are clubs and bars filled with college kids on every corner in Boston. The city does not swell by hundreds of thousands when fall hits and college start for no reason.

Btw, Willis is a **** for saying that stuff.

Last edited:
I work with several people from western ny. They all hate it. Many of them move to NYC or Boston.

He's still a doo-bag for saying it. Nothing good can come from that comment.

Boston is like New York Compared to Buffalo. 70 colleges in and around the city. Endless bars and clubs, plus ton of coeds running around. The night life in places like NY, LA, Vegas and Miami are on the 1A level. Places like Boston and Chicago are on the lb level. That is why (aside from the great schools) everyone comes to Boston to attend college. I went to NU and it was the four craziest years of my life. I was a gm of a few night clubs in the city over the years also. There is a great nightlife scene. Anyone who thinks the boston nightlife is Boring does not go anywhere remotley cool to party on the weekends. The theater district clubs, the clubs downtown, all the bars in fanuel hall, Boylston, Newbury, Brighton and Cambridge. The million college parties at all the big college campuses strewn about the city. There are clubs and bars filled with college kids on every corner in Boston. The city does not swell by hundreds of thousands when fall hits and college start for no reason.

Btw, Willis is a **** for saying that stuff.

If Chicago is 1b, then Boston is 1c. I love Boston, lived there for awhile, and grew up on the South Shore. But Chicago has 3 million residents and the night life puts Boston's to shame. The bars don't close 'till 4 or 5 am!

If Chicago is 1b, then Boston is 1c. I love Boston, lived there for awhile, and grew up on the South Shore. But Chicago has 3 million residents and the night life puts Boston's to shame. The bars don't close 'till 4 or 5 am!

I've been to Chi-town several times for business. Boston does not even come close! (and I'm from Boston). Chicago is a great party town.

So he doesn't like the fat chicks in Buffalo, who does? :singing:

By the way Boston has decent clubs but the puritanical 2am closing time and the fact that the T stops running by 1am is absolutely lame. In LA there is a hot club every night including Monday & Tuesday. Boston is pretty slim pickings those nights. 1B is right, Boston is good but not world class like NY, Miami or LA.

I think McGahee as a young black man will have a better time in Baltimore anyways because of its proximity to Wash DC. There is a great hip hop scene down there. Buffalo? I can't imagine its an exciting place for a young black guy to live.

He's an ass, but he had a point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back