PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McGahee is classless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you OK with it. He's a big idiot for even thinking it. TGI Friday's, Dave & Buster's? Huh?! Why do I suspect this moron lived near the stadium? All of you who have been there know very well its not near the city and that it's in strip mall hell. That's like showing up in Foxboro and saying, Hey, where are all the 4 star restaurants and nightclubs?

What a moron this kid is. He should take a page from JP Losman's book. The guy is always out around town, going to clubs, going to good restaurants, just like the Bills from yesteryear who still live here.

And I have news for him: Baltimore is not an upgrade over Buffalo. Yeah, Buff is a small city, 1.1 million live here, tops, but Baltimore is another "Northeast Rustbelt City." Truth is, I'd rather live in Buffalo than Baltimore ANY DAY!! Now, Washington DC or Philadelphia is another story. But Baltimore?

Baltimore is dirty and slummy. Well 90% of it. He is a moron.

Anybody see that commercial where the Miami Dolphin players are all bundled up in a bus looking cold and heading to Rich Stadium for an apparent game and along the way to the stadium it looks like nothing much of a city?

Anyone who looks at that commercial can see what a depressive city it appears to be on TV at least along with those factories and suburbs they show as well like its boring hell there..Or so what they make it out to be on that commercial..Definately can't be confused with Las Vegas I guess :D

What a jerk.

Ohh what a horrible life Mr. McGahee has. He's only making tens of millions of dollars and Dave and Buster's just doesn't do it for him. I'm so sympathetic. I mean I only have to drive three hours just to get to a Dave and Busters or a TGI Fridays. :rolleyes:

Note to professional athletes - Shut up.

Ohh what a horrible life Mr. McGahee has. He's only making tens of millions of dollars and Dave and Buster's just doesn't do it for him. I'm so sympathetic. I mean I only have to drive three hours just to get to a Dave and Busters or a TGI Fridays. :rolleyes:

Note to professional athletes - Shut up.

Yea but at least Texas has better women.

That was McGahee's biggest gripe. he had to knock up three Buffalo girls.:rolleyes:

What a complete and total JERK.

I am shocked, shocked, that garbage has spewed from the pie-hole of a U of Miami "student-athlete."

And now he'll be playing for the Baltimore Murderers, er, Ravens. Serendipity.

McGahee and his gang-banging, hip-hopping ilk should heed the words of Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Tread lightly around Brandon Meriweather on Draft Weekend.

Last edited:
What a coup by Donahoe.

Not only does he spend a #1 on an injured player more than a year from recovery, but he gets a role model who's all about winning.:rolleyes: LOL!!:D

He should have checked with Ty law's cousin. There are some hot places right over the border!:D

Last edited:
Anybody see that commercial where the Miami Dolphin players are all bundled up in a bus looking cold and heading to Rich Stadium for an apparent game and along the way to the stadium it looks like nothing much of a city?

Anyone who looks at that commercial can see what a depressive city it appears to be on TV at least along with those factories and suburbs they show as well like its boring hell there..Or so what they make it out to be on that commercial..Definately can't be confused with Las Vegas I guess :D

Yeah, that's a good way to go through life. And if I showed you a picture of Harlem you'd say, why the hell would anyone want to live in Manhattan? Very smart of you.

Are most of you descendants of the founders of Buffalo? I've never seen such ridiculous overreaction to a simple opinion. McGahee comments demonstrate that he's a shallow, superficial person. Exactly when did being such become a crime? McGahee owes the fans of Buffalo NOTHING. He was paid for his PERFORMANCE on the field. Fans don't buy the jerseys of guys because they feel sorry for them. Nor are athletes paid lots of money because people feel sorry for them. If he hadn't been able to PERFORM ON THE FIELD, he wouldn't have been paid and few would have bought his jerseys. Most of you on this thread should get on some medication to help you maintain a grip on reality.

Yeah, that's a good way to go through life. And if I showed you a picture of Harlem you'd say, why the hell would anyone want to live in Manhattan? Very smart of you.

Sounds like a guy who loves his city/area...I can see it now in a banner flying outside the house of the upstater 1 proclaiming 'BUFFALO,NY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!'

SOUNDS COOL MAN - WAY TO GO!!!

Waiting for the Cleveland residents who rebel next when we start talking about a former Browns player mouthing off ,sure to come :p

BTW You could not pay me to live in any big city,I'll take my little city of 60,000 and you can keep the over population and high crime rates,enjoy.

Have we as Patriots fans become the theocratic, moral barometer of athletes? The last time I checked, an athlete still has 2 sets of 23 chromosomes, they're freaking people!! Let him be, let him open his mouth and talk all he wants. Who gives a hoot what that guy said about BUFFALO!!!! I don't. He's not going to have a Flying Elvis on the side of his helmet any time soon, or ever. So what, the guy thinks the women and the night life suck in Buffalo. He's probably right. . . . . . . .:D I'm sick of hearing the word "class" mentioned in professional sports. It's a tired cliche that we fans have used to decide who is/isn't a good person. . . . . . .

Sounds like a guy who loves his city/area...I can see it now in a banner flying outside the house of the upstater 1 proclaiming 'BUFFALO,NY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!'

Waiting for the Cleveland residents who rebel next when we start talking about a former Browns player mouthing off ,sure to come :p

BTW You could not pay me to live in any big city,I'll take my little city of 60,000 and you can keep the over population and high crime rates,enjoy.

High crime rates? Over population? I don't know about that one, maybe New Delhi is overpopulated, but here in Chicago I share an apartment with only 37 others. You sound like a scared suburban soccer mom. BTW, the terror alert warning level is fuscia, actually maybe it's metallic green, who f'in knows. . . . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He sounds like a quality young man.

The Ravens are fortunate to have men like him and Ray Lewis.

After the reading the article, it was pretty clear that he has no sense of the place, and that he's sheltered. Buffalo is not Miami, it's not a lot of places. But I can guarantee you that McGahee never gave it a chance. Losman called out players like him who sit in strip mall heaven all day and play video games. And there are a lot of cities like Buffalo in the NFL. Let's not fool ourselves. Until recently, Providence (where a lot of Patriots camp out) was similar. But Baltimore, Detroit, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and even Houston to a degree (big city, but nothing going on downtown) are cities with not much going on downtown. Green Bay, of course, is a whole other story. Atlanta is DEAD downtown, but has some life to it in the suburbs. Nashville is great...if you like country music. Cleveland used to be in Buffalo's league, but supposedly it has come up in the world.

That's why I asked the question. None of these cities are going to compare to Miami. Obviously. I'm not sure why he thinks Baltimore is an improvement.

Buffalo as a city, sucks. Anyone who would argue otherwise is just a territorial Buffalo resident, bitter that the part of NY they live in is worthless as far as entertainment. The way you talk about those cities you names tells me you don't travel much, because they are all roughly 10,000 times better than Buffalo. Especially Atlanta, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Charlotte, and St. Louis. McGahee said what everybody thinks. Good for him.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how this is going to play in Baltimore...if I were a Ravens' fan, it would make me wonder what this guy is going to do with himself in Baltimore every night. Besides, this is terrific bulletin board material for Buffalo. Can you imagine how BB would have reacted if the guy was on our team?

Honestly, he can say or think whatever he wants.

But what strikes me in his comments is that he is a young man that has no idea what is important in life. It's not just that he is bored. It sounds like he craves the parties, wild times, drugs? and easy women because he has some kind of void and he thinks those things will fill it... thinks they will make him happy.

Maybe he'll get his fix and be satiated for a while, but it's not going to bring him the happiness he is looking for. This is why so many of these NFL players get in so much trouble. They are immature men with fame and big bucks and very few positive role models.

The most interesting interview I ever heard was from an 80's rock star who had it all ... money, fame, drugs, women, power ... and is now a broken down old guy who realizes he was chasing rainbows.

oh well... this rant is over... I hope this dude grows up.

Where do you live, exurb, boy?

Right around the corner from my house, there are a ton of things to do. How do the cows sound this morning?

Buffalo as a city, sucks. Anyone who would argue otherwise is just a territorial Buffalo resident, bitter that the part of NY they live in is worthless as far as entertainment. The way you talk about those cities you names tells me you don't travel much, because they are all roughly 10,000 times better than Buffalo. Especially Atlanta, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Charlotte, and St. Louis. McGahee said what everybody thinks. Good for him.

Caspir, I'm a professional, I travel a lot, I've been in every corner of the globe, lived overseas for 8 years of my life.

You're really clueless, on this one. I've been to everyone of those cities but Jacksonville (which my brother describes as super snore town).

And I'm not even a native of Buffalo. I've been here for two years, and will probably leave for bigger and better places.

I'm from New England, I've lived in New Haven, Providence, Boston, New York. I can compare Buffalo to all those places. I've lived in Baltimore, DC and Philly. I travel down to Pittsburgh A LOT.

Here are the rankings:

1. NYC
2. Boston
3. Philly
4. DC
5. Providence
6. Buffalo
7. Pittsburgh
8. Baltimore
9. New Haven

St. Louis is dead downtown, so is Atlanta. Detroit is completely DOA. (I lived in Ann Arbor before I moved to Buffalo, and because I love living in cities, I went to check out a few loft apartments and condos in downtown Detroit. But the people seemed to have disappeared).

Because I don't understand why people get upset when a sports player doesn't like the city they happen to be forced to live in. They are human beings, they are allowed to have an opinion on their living situation just like anyone else.

Of course they are. Heck, I'm a city snob myself. But first off, there's no reason for the mean-spirited public complaints. And much, much more important, if I'm the Baltimore Ravens, is the complaint that it was hard for him because he's used to going out and partying every night...and worse yet, that he's pissed because, being famous, he expects everyone to treat him like a god:

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," McGahee said of his status in Miami. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same."

Holy crap what an unappealing paragraph. Puts the league and its players in a worse light than another DUI or gun bust, IMO.

I don't find outrage on what he said.

It's just that it was made public. Big no no. Makes him look like a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST