PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty to stay with Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pats giving all this money to McCourty makes me think that Revis has made it clear hes going to take the deal from the jets. I could be totally wrong, but that is a lot of money to give to McCourty

All I know is if they lose Alan Branch I'm going to be so pissed.

Alan Branch is a free agent.... Hope he re-signs with Patriots, but he is low priority, right now.

If this is true, I am so happy, now we need Revis and then all is right in Pats land !

Devin is now the second-highest paid safety by average per year salary, but is the highest in guaranteed money.

The pats giving all this money to McCourty makes me think that Revis has made it clear hes going to take the deal from the jets. I could be totally wrong, but that is a lot of money to give to McCourty

I thought about this as well...but I don't think it's related.

@patscap: McCourty will now displace a player with a $510,000 salary from the Top 51 list. If 2015 cap number=4m, actual cap space taken up =$3.49m

So we could resign Revis longterm and still have 5 million in cap space.

REPEAAAT

Does that quote seem like he Doesn't sound too confident in him coming back

McCourty said he and Revis will both be out in Arizona training this offseason.

Phil perry
No. Everyone speculated on his quotes after they didn't tag him as a fatefull goodbye.

How'd that prognostication work out? I wouldn't read much into it. Take it at face value.

I don't know if he is saying Revis is gone or that he just realizes he may leave if the offers out there are too good.

If it helps, McCourty said virtually the same words about his own situation a week ago. So I'm 99% sure it's the latter.

The funny thing is two years ago, half this board would have been upset if the Pats re-signed McCourty at $950k a year. Now the entire board is ecstatic about him signing for $9.5 million a year.

There is no way Revis leaves now they've signed DMac. Simply because #24 was the more important keeper which suggests both are staying.

"We want you back!" - Devin McCourty & the rest of the defending '15 SB champs
"I want you back!" - Woody Johnson

Which seems more appealing?

Well, with Woody you get milk and cookies and afternoon nap time. So it is a tougher decision than you make it out to be.

The funny thing is two years ago, half this board would have been upset if the Pats re-signed McCourty at $950k a year. Now the entire board is ecstatic about him signing for $9.5 million a year.
Not true Loved his play since the Rookie season.
Was never down on him and would of been pissed if he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST