PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty to stay with Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the Cs would try hard to keep two of Wilfork, McCourty and Mayo. And with Mayo's contract situation on hold until he passes a physical, that boils down to at least one of Wilfork and McCourty.

So, if Patriots willing to give Devin 9.5m/yr... Patriots would surely pay Revis north of $12m/yr? Yes?

Will some players must be cut to compensate?

I don't remember saying they'd lose them both. Must have been a long time ago though.

Stating as fact that "Revis is staying" when it's just a guess (actually made less likely if mccourty is here due to less money) and getting ***** y when called on it is douchbaggery.

Says the guy who's saying Revis is gone, "Most likely", and is now doubling down the the "Less likely" nonsense.

You might want to look at your glass house.

All I want for Christmas is a new Revis deal..... :)

If those contract details are true, given the lack of talent available on the market, I am okay with that for McCourty. He's the second best FS in the game, a lockerroom leader and valuable member of a very good secondary.

Now BB, I'm looking forward to hearing the breaking news of Revis' contract extension.

There's a lot to be said for locking in team leaders. I like that DMC was able to earn a lot of $ while still earning any praise he gets for taking less to stay in the organization he wants to be part of (assuming the reports are true that other teams' offers were bigger).

I would say if it was a straight 9.5 it be too much. I doubt it is. Probably a little back loaded. I think it is a good deal for both parties. My money says Devin plays for 3-4 years and then we rework it.

I would say if it was a straight 9.5 it be too much. I doubt it is. Probably a little back loaded. I think it is a good deal for both parties. My money says Devin plays for 3-4 years and then we rework it.

Last yr is backloaded for accounting purposes (ala, Revis contract)? Probably.

I don't think I remember the last patriot contract that actually matched the initial report so I won't out much stock in the numbers but very happy to have DMac back.

And there goes the theory that the Pats are cheap.

So, if Patriots willing to give Devin 9.5m/yr... Patriots would surely pay Revis north of $12m/yr? Yes?

Maybe. Revis signing a long term deal could give cap relief of 10 plus m over his 25m cap hit. So that would create some space.

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports the contract includes $28.5M in guarantees.

Revis is getting more than $12 million a year He will get $14 million or more.

The question would be how each contract is structured. Re-signing Revis would cut his cap number significantly.

Says the guy who's saying Revis is gone, "Most likely", and is now doubling down the the "Less likely" nonsense.

You might want to look at your glass house.
I said most likely. That means it's a guess. You said "Revis is staying". As though you know that as fact. You don't.

What a relief. Now Revis.

Great news. Now let's get this pesky Revis business settled

He's on CSNNE right now talking to Curran, if anyone was interested

Channel 5 just reported 5/47 for McCourty. Not sure if this is already in the thread.

I think that patchick. guessed 3/$24M. I agree.

A GUESS
Signing bonus - $15M

Salaries
2015 $1M
2016 $3.5M
2017 $5M
2018 $10M
2019 $13M

So, over the first 3 years, McCourty would get $24M. The team could keep him or not after that. If he continue to perform, $10M will be no issue in 2018, and perhaps even $13.5 in 2018.

I would guess that the first two years would be fully guaranteed and 2017 would be guaranteed against injury.

EDIT I moved 500K to year 2.

2015 cap hit = $4M

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results