PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty to stay with Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way he's not coming back IMO, they wouldn't have locked up DMac had a Revis deal not been very close. Without a doubt Revis is almost irreplaceable because unless Sherman is out there then you don't let 24 go. I've got this tingly feeling that Mayo is going to be traded too.....
That's one way of thinking. Another is that they realize Revis is leaving and they'll be 20m under the cap.

Sure they'd rather keep Revis but at what price? If they know they can't signing mccourty makes sense.

Or it could be as you say.

Doubt mayo has trade value.

McCourty as much as i love him is no way near as important as Revis. That guy elevated our whole damn defense he's that good. DMac's game would suffer big time without Revis there so that's why i'm confident he's close to agreeing, probably just his agent hashing out bonuses with the Pats.

He is our Ty Law....
:)

Huh? Devin is one of the very best safeties in the league. It means something to retain him, regardless of what happens with Revis.

It's good...but if signing dmac meant no revis..I would rather have revis...if we keep both..even better! Can lose the best CB in game though.

Once Patriots officially decline the option on Revis, Revis is officially a free-agent, and teams will jump on that 1-minute after he is officially a free-agent. Patriots will have to act fast... Or, will Patriots let Revis see what is out there and have him come back to Patriots to see what they can offer?

We will know in 1-1/2 days.

Revis already knows what is out there.

McCourty as much as i love him is no way near as important as Revis. That guy elevated our whole damn defense he's that good. DMac's game would suffer big time without Revis there so that's why i'm confident he's close to agreeing, probably just his agent hashing out bonuses with the Pats.

Revis was the missing piece to Super Bowl Trophy 4.

Have to be honest and i think Kraft has wised up and stepped into the modern era when it comes to big time FA because he saw how ridiculously good our D was this season and didn't want to take a step back into the dark ages. Hence why DMac is locked up and Revis will be very shortly.....

5 years, 47.5 m, per ESPN Boston.

@PhilAPerry: McCourty said he and Revis will both be out in Arizona training this offseason.

Means nothing players from different teams will hang and train together.

Wonder how much more he turned down.

I think many of you are assuming Revis is going to settle for mediocrity and more $ just because he has in the past and i can't blame you, however those days seem long gone for me when it comes to him. He's wised up to legacy and rings being the main goal. The guy is a multi, multi millionaire and i simply cannot see him going from Brady to Geno (LMAO just at the thought).

Yeah, they have talked down McCourty for a while. First, it wasn't that he was a top safety in the league. After virtually everyone proved that was an idiotic statement, they said safety is a useless position like guard (ironically, Mazz killed the Pats for the first month of the year for letting Mankins go).
Mazz is great at his job. He's so in tune with the haters.

People underestimate Revis's love for the team that drafted him. :confused:
Money :cool:
Relationship with Mr Johnson :eek:
Having a head coach who is known for strengthening Dbacks game. o_O
Also the thrill of taking on the best in Brady after he has the advantage of practicing against him and the team. :rolleyes:
Being a hero if he takes the Jets over the Patriots and being the biggest thing in NY instead of a Piece of a stacked gameboard in Foxboro. :confused:
Its not all about money so I think its very telling that its just us and them and not Buff, Philly, or Indy at least right now. :p

Have to be honest and i think Kraft has wised up and stepped into the modern era when it comes to big time FA because he saw how ridiculously good our D was this season and didn't want to take a step back into the dark ages. Hence why DMac is locked up and Revis will be very shortly.....

Brady has so much time left.

It would be so sweet for the Pats to repeat in Joe Montanas old stomping grounds.

I like what you did there lol but I think they are all valid points.

Excellent news!

Bedard said that is still less money than he could have got elsewhere too.

It's good...but if signing dmac meant no revis..I would rather have revis...if we keep both..even better! Can lose the best CB in game though.

Didn't Revis say McCourty was indispensible to the defense, or words to that effect?

Maybe re-signing McCourty improves the chances of Revis staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST