PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels - HC candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets stay on the topic at hand, do you think Patricia would take a job in the division?

looks like it's not an issue. Interview has been cancelled according to Rapsheet - Dolphins look to be going with Gase.

Nice!
Hes a good fit for them though offensively.
Looks like a solid hire.
Now Matt just needs to see Cleveland is a dumpster fire.

I would be extremely shocked if Patricia seriously considers the Brownies' job.

One of these things is not like the other:

th.jpg

* Matt Patricia, Rocket Scientist (ok, aeronautical engineer degree at RPI, close enough).

* Bill Belichick on Matt Patricia's high IQ: 'This guy could probably build a plane and fly it

* Patriots Defensive Coordinator Matt Patricia is a Star in the Making

* Cleveland Browns: Reports indicate dysfunctional organization, Farmer as source of in-game texts

Options appear to be narrowing for McDaniels and Patricia:

So that leaves Detroit,Philly,SF,Tampa Bay.

hue jackson? why???

he's like the new name hyped up by espn

Hes a good coach lets not be ignorant to any coach non Pats.
I think he can get the Browns to 500.

Anyway im sure Patricia shut them down.
Is it too crazy to think when BB retires we can keep both Josh and Matt and pay them and label them head coach of offense head coach of defense.
The NFLs head would explode.

It's unbelieveable that Mularkey is the front-runner. That's horrible! maybe they want to use him as a placeholder until they can get a better choice of coaches next season perhaps?

looks like it's not an issue. Interview has been cancelled according to Rapsheet - Dolphins look to be going with Gase.

They sure jumped on Gase pretty quickly. Did they even satisfy the Rooney Rule?

Looks like Hue Jackson is going to Cleveland so one spot for Patricia is saved. Still seems like a good chance that Matt or Josh will go to Detroit, though (my opinion, no info).

Patricia was never going to go to Cleveland, so not surprised at all. They fire a coach every other year, that's exactly the kind of situation that Belichick adamantly stresses you need to stay away from. I don't think Patricia or McDaniels will take a HC job unless it's with an organization that's at least a little stable.

Probably rules out San Fran as well, but I think Detroit's gotta be in play for one of them. New GM is a Pats alum, and Caldwell's short tenure aside, they've proven if anything too willing to give coaches time over the years. Probably not Tampa Bay, since I think Dirk Koetter ends up with that job. And probably not Philly. If they fired Chip after making the playoffs twice in three seasons, I can't imagine that's an appealing landing spot for someone like McDaniels. If that--with Sanchez, Foles, and Bradford as your QBs--gets you fired, then he'd just be unemployed within 3 years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes