PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels - HC candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, that Tampa job is a dream job for most Coaches.

The last coach they had for more than 3 years was Jon Gruden.

Since 2009, they've will have had 4 Head Coaches, 5 Offensive Coordinators, 5 Defensive Coordinators, and 3 General Managers. They've also had 7 starting QBs, although it seems they've potentially hit with Winston.

They've had one winning season over that time.

The Glazers are not a stable owners, and I'm sure Greg Schiano would be more than happy to attest to that fact, should either McDaniels and Patricia ask their advice.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Despite plenty of interest,
#Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will not interview for head coaching jobs this weekend. Focused on the game

Despite all the talk about Patricia, I haven't heard of him actually having an interview scheduled. I believe he needs to do it by this weekend or he's off limits. Not saying he hasn't, or won't, interview but I haven't heard of anything actually happening.

The last coach they had for more than 3 years was Jon Gruden.

Since 2009, they've will have had 4 Head Coaches, 5 Offensive Coordinators, 5 Defensive Coordinators, and 3 General Managers. They've also had 7 starting QBs, although it seems they've potentially hit with Winston.

They've had one winning season over that time.

The Glazers are not a stable owners, and I'm sure Greg Schiano would be more than happy to attest to that fact, should either McDaniels and Patricia ask their advice.

Yep. Once the father had his stroke in 2006 the kids took over and its been a mess ever since.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Despite plenty of interest,
#Patriots OC Josh McDaniels will not interview for head coaching jobs this weekend. Focused on the game

Despite all the talk about Patricia, I haven't heard of him actually having an interview scheduled. I believe he needs to do it by this weekend or he's off limits. Not saying he hasn't, or won't, interview but I haven't heard of anything actually happening.

Interesting strategy by JMD. If you really want me.....you can wait.

His stock goes up if they make it to the SB.

Josh and Jon Robinson would be a interesting pairing.

Slowly, but surely, alumni from the Pat's player personnel department are spreading across the league (Dimitroff in Atlanta, Licht in TB, with Quinn & Robinson getting looks). Eventually, it's going to result in stronger competition across the league, but it is a testament to the system Belichick has put in place.

I appreciate that Josh is putting it off for the playoff run. Whether it is strategy by bettering his stock as robertweathers suggests or not I'm glad for it.

Interesting strategy by JMD. If you really want me.....you can wait.

His stock goes up if they make it to the SB.
That should be tampering when it's in season. Or maybe they can make it so nobody gets hired til after the SB. Hate having guys doing interviews preparing for playoffs.

That should be tampering when it's in season. Or maybe they can make it so nobody gets hired til after the SB. Hate having guys doing interviews preparing for playoffs.
yea but the league allows it and both sides agreed.

I appreciate that Josh is putting it off for the playoff run. Whether it is strategy by bettering his stock as robertweathers suggests or not I'm glad for it.

McDaniels is going to be fully taxed by preparation, especially considering:
  • He's been highly unsuccessful in recent weeks.
  • His roster is in considerable doubt, by which I mean he doesn't know exactly what shape guys will and won't come back in.
Note: I'm on the side that is quite forgiving of his poor results in recent games. Still, the Pats' offense has been what it's been, and McDaniels will knock himself out trying to change that.

McDaniels is going to be fully taxed by preparation, especially considering:
  • He's been highly unsuccessful in recent weeks.
  • His roster is in considerable doubt, by which I mean he doesn't know exactly what shape guys will and won't come back in.
Note: I'm on the side that is quite forgiving of his poor results in recent games. Still, the Pats' offense has been what it's been, and McDaniels will knock himself out trying to change that.
Any team that would accept or reject a HC candidate based on 2 games of success or failure is doomed anyany.

What has happened in the last 2 weeks doesn't have a thing to do with McDaniels not taking an interview. The day Josh McDaniels feels the desperate need to become a HC again, there will be a job waiting for him, of that there is no doubt. His success as an NFL assistant is long term, and just didn't happen because of a good season or two. He no longer has anything else to prove to an owner that's worth the bother, and isn't the kind that falls in love with the latest flavor of the month

The Good news is that if the Pats are gong to lose Josh McDaniels, the team will have to wait until February to give him the job, because I think after this weekend, the next time a team can interview him will be the week before the Superbowl, or if the the Pats get knocked out early.

BTW- the 14 people in the country who ,THINK that Josh McDaniels is a horrible offensive coach and DC, all post on the game day thread, so we got that going for us.....at least. ;)

Any team that would accept or reject a HC candidate based on 2 games of success or failure is doomed anyany.

What has happened in the last 2 weeks doesn't have a thing to do with McDaniels not taking an interview.

You thoroughly missed my point, which is that this is not a good time for Josh to be taking time away from his day job. He has a lot to do.

You thoroughly missed my point, which is that this is not a good time for Josh to be taking time away from his day job. He has a lot to do.
Well if that was your point, then you are right.

Seeing that @Off The Grid and @DarrylS and I are talking about old cheesy 80s videos...

Never really cared for that Genre, whatever that genre might be??? Maybe it is the "crappy wedding music genre". The last video I paid attention to was, "Money for Nothing" then I lost interest..

Never really cared for that Genre, whatever that genre might be??? Maybe it is the "crappy wedding music genre". The last video I paid attention to was, "Money for Nothing" then I lost interest..
Oh...it does suck. I really don't know what they were thinking back then. Totally lame.

Lets stay on the topic at hand, do you think Patricia would take a job in the division?

Lets stay on the topic at hand, do you think Patricia would take a job in the division?

My guess would be that he's testing the interview process probably with a view to next year. I don't think they think about inter-division rivalry in the same way the fans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes