PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels - HC candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to Schefter, the Dolphins reached out to the Patriots and requested to interview both. Personally, I hope that the Patriots give permission, but both tell all teams that they are busy preparing for the Play-offs and will not interview until they are done..

both deserve to be HC, but I would prefer not to play either of them 2X per year.....

I don't think they have to give permission. I think it would be a shame for either guy to pass up an interview considering their career goal is to become a HC.

By to Josh Mcdaniels I hope. He like any of us can call plays when we have a stacked team and we can even absorb his gambles that fail but when the cupboard is bare he gets exposed. Just as one example they could have called plays to utilize James White more. Mix the run and pass, dont be so predictable.That was a winnable game yesterday with what they had.

Would love to see in another year Matt Patrcia take over Head coaching of Patrriots and BB retire into GM mode...I really like Patrcia energy and how he interacts with the players!!! Feel Patriots can survive without McDaniels..

Any organization willing to hire Skippy McD as its HC is beyond stupid, and deserving of all of the misfortune that would subsequently follow as a result of such an obviously moronic decision.

Anyway we can get draft picks for letting them go to a team?

Is there an OC in the league that shines for you? McD isn't perfect but I can't remember seeing too many perfect OC's patrolling the sidelines on any team this season.

My point wasn't that he was aweful, but I don't think his departure would be as significant as Patricia's. Sorry for having an opinion Mr. Butt.

Actually, no I'm not.

I don't get the hatred for McDaniels. I know the offense has been overly conservative the past few weeks especially at the end of the first half but I don't think he is solely making that decision. I think Belichick gives him a general framework that he has to work within.

Brady loves McDaniels and that speaks volumes to me. Hell, would you rather have that obnoxious loudmouth Bill O'Brien back? No thanks.

He's not perfect and I think he makes a better OC than he does HC but I like having him here.

As far as Belichick, I hope he coaches until he's 90 and at that point we can just clone him.

Yeah, bye Mcd, Hello Chip. I Cant wait to see Blount take handoff after handoff from the shotgun.

In the part of the season where McDaniels has gotten lousy results, his available and reasonably healthy offensive starters have been:

Brady
Gronk
LaFell
Stork
Kline

That's 2 GOATs, 1 career backup, and 2 guys who really haven't played well for an entire season ever and who were quite dinged up early in this one.

It turns out that football is more than a 2-man game.

You always want to be a HC if you are an assistant. But I wonder just how much either really wants to leave. The way HC's are treated these days is horrific. Unless your name is Jeff Fisher, a bad owner can short circuit your career in a hurry over a lot of things that are totally out oof your control. Just look at Chuck Pagano. All he did was go 40-23 (including this year) and until about a minute ago, was a dead duck.

Remember McDaniels and Patricia both have young families and have lived full time here for over a decade (in Patricia's case). Also McDaniels is on record in admitting his Denver experience was tough on his family. Here they get a lot of money, and a lot of respect, and have good working conditions.

I can see them both leaving, but they won't leave for just ANY job. It needs to be a perfect situation starting with the owner, so places like Miami, Cleveland, SF, etc might be off the table right right there. Those might be the kind of great turn around challenge that the Pats must have looked like to Parcell's, but this isn't 1993. Owners are worse, the leashes are shorter, and the media pressure to win is enormous. (Make no mistake that it was the media who got Chip Kelly fired)

So I don't know what BB is telling them, but I bet it is to make sure there is stable good ownership, that there is a strong administrative factor, that he feels like he can have a good working relationship with the GM......and THEN look at the roster. Right now only 2 teams look like they are good looks. The Giants and Eagles. But I don't know if I would want to go down to Philly with Howie Roseman and an owner that let the media fire my HC.

So I think the only job that McDaniels would jump ship for would be the Giants job. Meanwhile they should take all the interviews they want. That alone is a great experience and keeps their names in the forefront even for jobs they don't get. This goes double for Patricia, who hasn't been on one yet. Practice make perfect.

Bottom Line - they will each go to take some interviews this week, but I'd be shocked if either take any other job except the Giants.

If we continued the offensive juggernaut we exhibited for the first 11 games would the view of McDaniels be different??

Does anyone believe that McDaniels operates in complete autonomy from BB??

The Offense looked like crap at the end of the season, not because of McDaniels but because of O Line Play and injuries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick