Matt Light pranking Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard this story before.

Which Patriot once stuck Bill Belichick with his bar tab?

"[Meriweather]'s kind of the young guy, kind of the odd man out, and he's not saying much," Light told The Toucher and Rich Show on WBZ-FM (via CSNNE.com). "He's just laughing, joining in the festivities, and I walked over to him and -- I [had seen] him order a drink from the waitress -- I said, 'Hey man, you do know that you can put all this on Bill's room, right?'

"Now I go up there saying that just busting his chops. I didn't really know what was going to happen, but I figured I'd plant that seed. He looks at me and he says, 'Are you serious?' And I'm like, 'Yeah, man. You don't ever pay for your drinks when your coach is here coaching.' I'm like, 'Come on. Come on, rook.' So I walk away; I'm not thinking anything of it."

"Fast forward like four or five hours," Light said. "I literally witnessed him walk up to Bill with his check, like the little card that has your bill in it, and hand it to coach Belichick and say, 'Hey, thank you coach. I appreciate you,' in a way only that he could do it. Like you could imagine what that conversation looked like.

Light deserves to be a Patriot HOFer for his pranks alone.

I bet Brady misses Light. They'd sit together on the field at summer camp pre-practice stretches with Light regaling TFB with wise cracks. TFB would be in stitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe