PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk : Pressure on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
By this logic losing Conference Championships makes for a better QB than winning them. Brady is 5-1 in Conference Championship games and Montana 4-3. Losing in the semifinals doesn't make a QB better than those who win them. If Brady gets another ring then he is the GOAT, even though he still has a good 4 years left to build on it. He will be tied with Montana in rings and have the advantage on him in pretty much every other category.

If I were a QB I'd just play it safe and go 0-16 every year. That way people like Faulk cannot tear me down

no pressure on him..he has been here and won all 3 at home...once he gets to the SB..then there is some pressure for him to bring the pats the 4th ring otherwise he is 3-3 in Sbs

Last edited:
Marshall, you have to start shopping at Shaws, stay from the produce at Market Basket, those grapes you keep buying, they do have an expiration date. Get over to Shaw's, it will help.

So I guess what the impressively objective Mr Faulk is saying is that Brady is thinking more about his own personal legacy going into this game moreso that it being an AFC championship game with an opportunity for his team to compete for the Super Bowl.

I just wish one of these interviewers had the balls to then ask this mental giant,
" so were you thinking of your own legacy when you played the Patriots in the super bowl?"

Marshall Faulk had actually come around this past year, and was generally positive about the Patriots this season.

As for the remark about Brady, that's a rather superficial opinion. Win or lose he has always been ultra competitive, and regardless of the stakes (or outcome) he has never succumbed to 'pressure'.

As for his legacy on whether the Pats win or lose this game - or the next one, if they win Sunday - I get the distinct impression that is the furthest thing from his mind. Brady, Belichick and the team is focused strictly on the task at hand and winning that game - period.

If a professional player is thinking about his legacy then they are bound to not be focused on the game - and more likely will lose. If that was the case with Brady then he and the Patriots would not have made it this far.

The pressure aspect is more on the fans and the haters; depending on the outcome it makes it either easier or more difficult to present their case.

Re-watching The Brady Six last night, Tom stated that he always thrived on the pressure of the big game. That thrill is what keeps him going.

I don't think there's any pressure on Brady for this game. If anything, the pressure is on Flacco with all of the "elite" talk and getting all the attention.

If we lose the SB, there will be the 3-3, and 0-3 since spygate, "no Giants this time and they still lost the SB" talk.

I honestly don't see them losing to the Falcons or the 49ers. The Giants were just a bad matchup and it still took two fluky pass and catches to beat us in the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back