Welcome to PatsFans.com

Marshall Faulk : Pressure on Brady

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

2. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't worry Marshall, Tom will be fine. Still remember that time the Patriots roughed you up and you were invisible on a Superbowl loss? I do.
  3. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Hey Marshall, Tom says Ha' ya Doin'... bth_th15owned.jpg
  4. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 4 / -9

who cares? I would still love to be Brady........except I'd dump the skank and grab Lindsey Vonn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. patsfanincleveland

patsfanincleveland Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I hope they didn't pay him for that "insight".

That has to be about the dumbest analysis in a long while.
  6. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Can't believe they keep that guy around. His hatred of one team in particular is so obvious. I hope Willie reminds him of that 01 SB when he sees him at work.
  7. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Marshall Faulk is a sour little b.itch. No point in taking anything he says seriously. In fact most of those ******* ex player analysts are complete tards.
  8. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

I think this is the theme you will hear before the game on sunday at least on NFLN. Brady is in a no win situation. Win this game and lose SB ," its 3 and 3 and what does it say about him ?" . Win the SB , "but he is 4-2 vs montana who is 4-0". Lost sunday "Last 4-5 yrs he has lost in the biggest games".

Most analysts constantly trying to see how to punch holes in his work.
  9. bradytovereen

bradytovereen Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think if the Pats win the SB, the only "he's 4-2" mediots will be people like Faulk and Stephen A. Smith. Most will declare Brady as the undisputed best of his generation and some might even say better than Montana especially if Brady has a monster game in the SB and is MVP again.
  10. Koma

Koma Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

And with P. Manning they constantly try to find excuses why playoff failures aren't his fault.
  11. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Don't worry. Manning will dominate the AFC West once again and will guide his team to a high seed.

Then he will be back in the GOAT discussion.
  12. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Exactly right...?

I mean i could not image the salaries they get for providing such a mis-informed, mis-guided obviously jaded view of Tom Brady.

I mean it is so obvious, and he gets paid good money to be biased.

It is almost like, and I hate to say it, FOX.

*shudder*
  13. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's amusing to see what a Pats hater Faulk is. And the contrast between him and his SB QB couldn't be greater. Kurt Warner never passes on an opportunity to praise the Pats to the sky. What an amazing difference!
  14. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

He is a weird guy, he looks weird and he acts weird. He's one of those people that makes any situation uncomfortable. That and he's a simpleton - can barely speak the English language.

To sum it up he's a weird, awkward simpleton with a grudge. Who gives a **** what he thinks.
  15. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have yet to hear Marshall Faulk say anything intelligent. This remark keeps his string intact.
  16. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Well there is pressure on Brady because he's gonna only have a few more years left of playing. Then again, there is pressure on all four QBs since this is a single-elimination tournament.
  17. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

Marshall Faulk had actually come around this past year, and was generally positive about the Patriots this season.

As for the remark about Brady, that's a rather superficial opinion. Win or lose he has always been ultra competitive, and regardless of the stakes (or outcome) he has never succumbed to 'pressure'.

As for his legacy on whether the Pats win or lose this game - or the next one, if they win Sunday - I get the distinct impression that is the furthest thing from his mind. Brady, Belichick and the team is focused strictly on the task at hand and winning that game - period.

If a professional player is thinking about his legacy then they are bound to not be focused on the game - and more likely will lose. If that was the case with Brady then he and the Patriots would not have made it this far.

The pressure aspect is more on the fans and the haters; depending on the outcome it makes it either easier or more difficult to present their case.
  18. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Faulk has a valid point. If Brady were truly a great QB, he would choke in the first playoff game every year like Manning rather than leading him team to or near a Super Bowl.
  19. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +508 / 5 / -1

Re: Marshall Faulk :pressure on brady

Whatever Marshall Faulk says about the Pats believe the opposite. Faulk's hatred for the Pats is so obvious that even Rich Eisen mocks him on the air for some of his anti-Patriots rants.
  20. Ivan

Ivan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +527 / 12 / -17

#75 Jersey

By this logic losing Conference Championships makes for a better QB than winning them. Brady is 5-1 in Conference Championship games and Montana 4-3. Losing in the semifinals doesn't make a QB better than those who win them. If Brady gets another ring then he is the GOAT, even though he still has a good 4 years left to build on it. He will be tied with Montana in rings and have the advantage on him in pretty much every other category.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.