PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney should start. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PYPER said:
Since I got myself involved into this little tussle, I decided to go back and read the entire thread.

Here's what I discovered. I really like Schmessy a lot. Great poster.
The "conflict" in this thread really only started with one guy. Alk.

The converstations were very peaceful but Alk assumed the role of agitator. It all started with post #18. Here's Alk's quote in response to one of Schmessy posts.

What's strange about this response is that Alk was the ONLY person getting bent out of shape. From that point forward, a negative energy began clouding the thread.

It's a recipe for disaster when the agitator has obvious shortcomings of the brain.

As for the comment informing Alk of his stupidity. It wasn't the nicest thing to do but I call things as I see them. A spade is a spade. And Alk really is stupid. );p

Now that I've said my piece, I'm going to put my nose in the corner for an additional 10 minutes.

);p
Actually, before I said that, someone said the whole idea was ridiculous. Don't bring that up whatever you do. I'm done, I got worked up over something I shouldn't have. That being said, it's bs that one Patriots fan feels the need to call another stupid, an idiot or whatever just because they don't agree. I've had more civil discussions with Jets and Dolphins fans and quite frankly, that's just sad. So I guess, if me thinking Maroney is a better RB at this point makes me stupid, then I'm stupid.

Last edited:
Alk said:
Actually, before I said that, someone said the whole idea was ridiculous. Don't bring that up whatever you do. I'm done, I got worked up over something I shouldn't have. That being said, it's bs that one Patriots fan feels the need to call another stupid, an idiot or whatever just because they don't agree. I've had more civil discussions with Jets and Dolphins fans and quite frankly, that's just sad. So I guess, if me thinking Maroney is a better RB at this point makes me stupid, then I'm stupid.

OK, my ten minutes in the corner is up.

I didn't call you stupid for your thoughts on Maroney. I called you stupid b/c in my mind, it was you who turned a healthy debate into an argument.

I tried to inject some humor into the discussion by posting a great quote from Sandler's Billy Madison movie and you jumped all over me like a bat out of hell.

Anyone who combines that type behavior with an unpopular view point is bound to take some abuse, like being called stupid or what not. That's just the way it is.

The best way to combat that is to change the way you interact with others. In other words, it's not necessarily what you say...But how you say it that matters.

That's my two cents and I consider this issue closed. No hard feelings.

Take care,

);pyper

PS: Can I have some cake now?

Last edited:
PYPER said:
OK, my ten minutes in the corner is up.

I didn't call you stupid for your thoughts on Maroney. I called you stupid b/c in my mind, it was you who turned a healthy debate into an argument.

I tried to inject some humor into the discussion by posting a great quote from Sandler's Billy Madison movie and you jumped all over me like a bat out of hell.

Anyone who combines that type behavior with an unpopular view point is bound to take some abuse, like being called stupid or what not. That's just the way it is.

The best way to combat that is to change the way you interact with others. In other words, it's not necessarily what you say...But how you say it that matters.

That's my two cents and I consider this issue closed. No hard feelings.

Take care,

);pyper

PS: Can I have some cake now?
Alright then, that's that. Chalk it up to a rough night a grouchy bastard and some misunderstanding. I don't have any cake though.

Alk said:
I don't have any cake though.
Oh I do, but I'll be honest... my first attempt at a 'protein cake' made with dry curd cottage cheese, flax seed meal, flax oil, and double-dutch chocolate whey powder, no sugar or white flour.... Not so good. Actually... tastes like ass.

My protein chocolate-chip cookies rock though, you want I should send you some of those Pyper?

:D

tombonneau said:
Way to completely epitomize what I've been *not* been trying to say and turn my words around.

I said IMO Maroney gives the Pats a better chance to win. That does not equate to me saying Dillon will not help us win. Honestly, pls answer how anything I have said indicates that is my opinion. That Dillon does not help us win. I've multiple times said my support of Maroney to start is in no way an indictment of Dillon.
Maroney gives us better chances for 50 yard runs. Dillon gives us a better chance to kill the clock. Again I'm saying they both play a big role. As a matter of fact I hardly see a starter between them. They both got nearly equal handoffs and close to each other in yardage against Buffalo. By saying Maroney should start, what I'm thinking is you're saying. Ok give Maroney the ball 75% of the game and make him starter. No thankyou. I dont want one getting all the carries unless one gets injured. 50/50 and not thinking that there is a starting running back on the team makes it better. Generally you would assume the starter gets all the carries. I'd love to see what Maroney can do in the fourth quarter by himself. He'd problably do fantastic or he could be swarmed in the backfield when the defense is completely focusing on the running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back