PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney should start. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoostation said:
Ok....You're right. Let's start a guy who has played 1 game over a future HOF power running back who when healthy can put up 1,600 yards in a season (a Patriot record).

It's a stupid post....period!

Again, I know people don't read all the posts in a thread and like to jump to conclusions by reading post titles and glancing at actual posts, but I'm nto advocating Dillon gets 3 carries a game.

Merely that Maroney should get the majority bc that gives the Pats the best chance to win.

And given that in his first NFL game LM got more carries than Dillon, the NE coaching staff looks like they might already be leaning to my POV. I guess they are idiots too.

tombonneau said:
Again, I know people don't read all the posts in a thread and like to jump to conclusions by reading post titles and glancing at actual posts, but I'm nto advocating Dillon gets 3 carries a game.

Merely that Maroney should get the majority bc that gives the Pats the best chance to win.

And given that in his first NFL game LM got more carries than Dillon, the NE coaching staff looks like they might already be leaning to my POV. I guess they are idiots too.

Bill and Scott are waiting for your call. They need to know what to do with the new first round pick. Call them asap!

zoostation said:
Bill and Scott are waiting for your call. They need to know what to do with the new first round pick. Call them asap!

Wow. Ok. So I guess a Pats Fans messageboard is not a place for a fan to discuss his opinion about the team or players. My bad.

What types of posts should I be making? I'll be sure to place a moratorium on any additional posts until supplied with further instructions.

Eagerly await your reply.

Best,
Tom

tombonneau said:

Lol, so your saying Dillon carrying the ball isnt going to help us win as if it was Maroney he would. :rolleyes:

tombonneau said:
Given the passing game sitaution, IMO, Maroney needs to start and get the majority of carries, not split 50/50 with Dillon.

Dillon doesn't look bad at all, but Maroney clearly has "it" and is a threat to take it to the house every play. I saw a few runs of Dillon's where he picked up 6-7 yards, and coudln't help but think if that was Maroney he'd maybe get 20-25.

And with the passing game not lighting it up, Pats can't afford the opportunity cost of yardage left on the table if Maroney is not in the game.

I'm not saying 30 carries a game, I think you want to be careful he doesn't hit the rookie wall, but he needs 20-25 touches a game. Put Dillon in to spell him and for short yardage, and still work Faulk in, but the ground game needs to start & end with Maroney.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Kdo5 said:
Lol, so your saying Dillon carrying the ball isnt going to help us win as if it was Maroney he would. :rolleyes:

Way to completely epitomize what I've been *not* been trying to say and turn my words around.

I said IMO Maroney gives the Pats a better chance to win. That does not equate to me saying Dillon will not help us win. Honestly, pls answer how anything I have said indicates that is my opinion. That Dillon does not help us win. I've multiple times said my support of Maroney to start is in no way an indictment of Dillon.

Why do I feel like I'm locked in a room with my grandchildren?

zoostation said:
Ok....You're right. Let's start a guy who has played 1 game over a future HOF power running back who when healthy can put up 1,600 yards in a season (a Patriot record).

It's a stupid post....period!
We're annointing Dillon into the HOF now? Martin is a first ballot HOFer, I suppose once his crippled ass is able to walk again he should be thrust into the starting spot too. You guys are completely blowing this out of proportion. Point to one post JUST ONE that says Dillon shouldn't get any carries in the entire game. I swear to god, if you don't kiss every Patriots player's ass with both lips, you get completely blasted. Get a grip already, pop som prozac, anything.

PYPER said:
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
You know what Pyper? **** you. I'm sick of you and everyone else's bull****. Nobody is allowed to express their opinion unless it fits under certain guidelines. I could say that LT is a better running back than Dillon and you would call me every name in the book until you passed out or your fingers were worn to the bone. Oh by the way, congratulations for ripping off an actor who hasn't been funny in 8 years. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Alk said:
You know what Pyper? **** you. I'm sick of you and everyone else's bull****. Nobody is allowed to express their opinion unless it fits under certain guidelines. I could say that LT is a better running back than Dillon and you would call me every name in the book until you passed out or your fingers were worn to the bone. Oh by the way, congratulations for ripping off an actor who hasn't been funny in 8 years. Brilliant.

Exactly where in this thread did anyone "not allow someone to express their opinion?

You're upset about the reaction to an opinion.

Do you believe THAT should be blocked?

It's called a FORUM. Not a MONOLOGUE.

shmessy said:
Exactly where in this thread did anyone "not allow someone to express their opinion?

You're upset about the reaction to an opinion.

Do you believe THAT should be blocked?

It's called a FORUM. Not a MONOLOGUE.
No, I was upset because none of you can make a valid argument without calling the rest of us stupid. If you would like, I would gladly dig up every last post in this thread that prove my point.

Last edited:
I second the fact that Maroney has proved himself plenty- and should start!

Alk said:

LOL...Are you for real Alk??? Me thinks somebody forgot to take their medication.

Here's the deal. Nobody's trying to take away the right for anyone else to express their opinion. But whenever someone chooses a public forum to express that opinion they are assuming the risk that others will redicule it. The more idiotic or poorly expressed their opinion is, the more redicule it will receive.

Have a hissy fit if you must but that simple formula will never change. If you can't stand criticism and redicule then I suggest you stop supporting and/or posting shallow ill conceived ideas.

You look foolish for calling me out but I guess if the shoe fits....

Alk said:
No, I was upset because none of you can make a valid argument without calling the rest of us stupid. If you would like, I would gladly dig up every last post in this thread that prove my point.

You are annoying (is that better???) b/c you don't understand the concept of chemistry and team building. Nobody disputes Maroney's talent. The guy is clearly a special player. But why mess with a good thing.?

While both of these players are capable of "being the guy", we don't require them to fullfill that role and, in fact, we're much better served by utilizing each of their respective talents to complement one another.

We're sitting pretty right now with Dillon and Maroney as a 1-2 punch. Their running styles really do complement one another. Dillon is the physical presence. The power. He wears down the defense. Maroney is the knockout artist. The homerun hitter. He's got the speed and the juice to take it to the house.

Bringing a well rested Maroney into the game after Dillon has already started wearing them down is a HUGE advantage for us. There's no reason or benefit to changing that formula. The Patriots utilzed both players perfectly against the Bills. Dillon started and finished with 16 carries. Maroney came off the bench and contributed 17 carries. That's the way to do it. No need trying to fix something that clearly isn't broken.

That's as clearly as I can express it. If you still don't get it, you never will.

Last edited:
Rookie has not played enought to know if he is fumble prone and with dillon their is a good percentage of chance of him holding a ball.

cannot wait for maroney to fumble a few times [btw he will ] in the future and thread stating he should be signed to the pratice squad.

Pyper, I agree with the main content of your post, however...

PYPER said:
You are stupid b/c you don't understand the concept of chemistry and team building.
It's you who appears stupid, for calling him stupid and thus making his point. His basic complaint was that many around here have forgotten dear old mom's message that one can disagree without being disagreeable.

Everything in your post above that I didn't quote, backs your side of the argument about Maroney over Dillon very well. The part that I did quote didn't add anything to your message except discontent. Look at the post you quoted then read the first sentence in your reply.

I agree with shmessy, discussion and debate is encouraged here and it's what makes this forum so much fun and thought provoking. But I also agree with brady2brown when he said he felt like he was being locked in a room with his grandchildren. When people resort to "you're stupid" ... "No, you're stupid" ... "nuh-uh, you're the stupid one" ... it just sounds like kids begging for a 'time-out'.

No go put your nose in the corner for 5 whole mintues or no cake for you after dinner. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Pyper, I agree with the main content of your post, however...

It's you who appears stupid, for calling him stupid and thus making his point. His basic complaint was that many around here have forgotten dear old mom's message that one can disagree without being disagreeable.

Everything in your post above that I didn't quote, backs your side of the argument about Maroney over Dillon very well. The part that I did quote didn't add anything to your message except discontent. Look at the post you quoted then read the first sentence in your reply.

I agree with shmessy, discussion and debate is encouraged here and it's what makes this forum so much fun and thought provoking. But I also agree with brady2brown when he said he felt like he was being locked in a room with his grandchildren. When people resort to "you're stupid" ... "No, you're stupid" ... "nuh-uh, you're the stupid one" ... it just sounds like kids begging for a 'time-out'.

No go put your nose in the corner for 5 whole mintues or no cake for you after dinner. :D

Valid points, to be sure. All of which I was aware of when I made my post.
I do feel there is a small issue of causality that you seem to have ignored when you chose to "reprimand" me, so to speak. I'm not the war mungerer here. Alk is the one who turned this into a personal dispute.

You see, there are many posters, like myself, who have become frustrated with the quality of the threads on this site. Many of them really do REEK of stupidity, shallowness, and cluelessness.

Whether I choose to express myself politely or bluntly is and should remain my choice. I don't normally begin conversations with insults but I most certainly do reserve the right to react in any way I see fit.

As a moderator, you probably like to view your role as some kind of agent of civility but I think you came barking up the wrong tree here. I'm sure Alk and I are fully capable of resolving our differences without any of your interference. Thanks for stopping by though.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Since I got myself involved into this little tussle, I decided to go back and read the entire thread.

Here's what I discovered. I really like Schmessy a lot. Great poster.
The "conflict" in this thread really only started with one guy. Alk.

The converstations were very peaceful but Alk assumed the role of agitator. It all started with post #18. Here's Alk's quote in response to one of Schmessy posts.

Alk said:
Christ almighty, why does everyone have to get bent out of shape? I didn't even say anything bad about either player. Unless of course saying our rookie is the best RB on our team and that Dillon is still good and should be on the field is bad. By saying Dillon "needs" his carries, I meant that we "need" to have him on the field.

What's strange about this response is that Alk was the ONLY person getting bent out of shape. From that point forward, a negative energy began clouding the thread.

It's a recipe for disaster when the agitator has obvious shortcomings of the brain.

As for the comment informing Alk of his stupidity. It wasn't the nicest thing to do but I call things as I see them. A spade is a spade. And Alk really is stupid. );p

Now that I've said my piece, I'm going to put my nose in the corner for an additional 10 minutes.

);p

Last edited:
Well i came in very late and didnt read all the previous pages. I can understand why people would want Maroney to start but i like the idea of a 2 system RB better. Dillion can just bulldoze people over when needed. He has no history of a being a fumbler. So if we are at a 3rd and 2 and need that first down. At this very moment, i would give it to Corey.

PYPER said:
I do feel there is a small issue of causality that you seem to have ignored when you chose to "reprimand" me, so to speak.
Sorry you saw it that way, wasn't trying to reprimand anybody, just offering up an opinion regarding a message board that I enjoy reading and posting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots