PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny's violation not steroids.

HCG is also used as a very effective weight loss agent. However, it is used at the end of a roid cycle to mask usage.
Hmmmm....
get it right. its used at the end of a roid cycle to naturally start the body making testosterone again and to mask the use of roid use. the key word being and.

Manny's violation was for steroids.
The suspension, technically, was for gonadotrophin, listed as a fertility treatment.

However, the violation was caused by his testosterone levels testing "four to ten times normal" in his spring test. Further testing proved that the testosterone was foreign. This was the clear result of steroid use.

However, Ramirez and Boras argued that a recently identified drug similar to Andro has not yet been banned, and that could have led to the massive testosterone levels. In Ramirez's medical records, turned over following the violation, was the prescription for gonadotrophin. Since that drug is used for either female infertility or male malfunctioning testosterone production, and Manny's levels were through the roof, the only reason to use it would be to restart natural production following a huge steroid cycle. Gonadotrophin is explicitly banned.

Since the gonadotrophin violation was clear, MLB suspended him for that, without the need to argue how Ramirez pumped his testosterone levels up.

The statement that Ramirez was suspended for a non-steroid could be interpreted as technically correct although intentionally misleading. The suspension was caused by steroid use and confirmed through a prescription for a testosterone drug. If he truly was suspended for using a banned substance, not a steroid suspension, it would have been 25 games max.

Steroid user and liar.

I think at this point regarding MLB the list of players NOT using some sort of performance enhanser is the shorter list.

"Say it ain't so Joe"...................

Jose Canseco said 80% were on something. I think hes right.

Jose Canseco said 80% were on something. I think hes right.

I remember the reaction when Jose's book hit, everyone was laughing at him, calling him a liar.

Noone's laughing now.

Manny's violation is stupidity ... most players who do it don't get caught.

In other news remember the woman swimmers who were on roids years ago?

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back