PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Price for D Hopkins might be going down- rumor that he might be RELEASED

If he gets released the chances of him coming here drop significantly.

I don’t want him need to go with a youth movement.

I don’t want him need to go with a youth movement.
I think people forget that Belichick is 71. He either wants to win another Super Bowl before he retires, or catch Shula asap, or both. Neither of those things are going to happen while emphasizing a "youth movement." If Rodgers ends up in NYJ and Tua stays healthy then the Patriots are going to be in deep poo. Hopkins is the kind of addition that could elevate the supporting cast enough around Mac where the team may actually be competitive (in the division). It's the exact type of move Belichick should be looking at if he wants to accomplish anything else significant before he retires.

I think people forget that Belichick is 71. He either wants to win another Super Bowl before he retires, or catch Shula asap, or both. Neither of those things are going to happen while emphasizing a "youth movement." If Rodgers ends up in NYJ and Tua stays healthy then the Patriots are going to be in deep poo. Hopkins is the kind of addition that could elevate the supporting cast enough around Mac where the team may actually be competitive (in the division). It's the exact type of move Belichick should be looking at if he wants to accomplish anything else significant before he retires.
We would be instant contenders with D-Hop Offense especially WR would be more potent. :cool:

It's a trade scenario so his existing contract comes with him. Hopkins has a base salary of $20 mil in 2023 and $15 mil in 2024.
Right. I was talking about if he ends up getting released. He might prefer to play for KC or Dallas, but if someone offered more money, I'll bet he'd take it.

Last edited:
Here the thing. He is ADMITTEDLY a great and productive WR. BUT he is 30 going into his 10th season and he's missed 13 games over the last 2 years. Would I love him on the team, sure. But do I love him as much with a! 15MM + cap number. and some draft capital.... I'm not so sure.

Besides, given his age and health concerns, I don't think he's looking to join a team that is a year or two away from being viewed as a championship contender. We are just whistling in the wind on this one. We benefited for many years because we were a championship contender year after year. We are not going to get that benefit this year.
'

I won't rule out Hopkins until he's with another team. Money seems to change people's minds all the time.

Hopkins hesitance to come to New England may be in part too because of O'Brien. They weren't exactly buddies in Houston. Reportedly O'Brien didn't appreciate Hopkins having multiple children out of wedlock with multiple different women. O'Brien also compared his character to Aaron Hernandez (a mass murderer). Ouch. Not sure how much extra $ will make up for that.

Hopkins hesitance to come to New England may be in part too because of O'Brien. They weren't exactly buddies in Houston. Reportedly O'Brien didn't appreciate Hopkins having multiple children out of wedlock with multiple different women. O'Brien also compared his character to Aaron Hernandez (a mass murderer). Ouch. Not sure how much extra $ will make up for that.
I didn't see anything about that?

“didn't appreciate Hopkins having multiple children out of wedlock with multiple different women”

We’ll that would essentially make BOB have distaste for about 70% of the leagues players.

“didn't appreciate Hopkins having multiple children out of wedlock with multiple different women”

We’ll that would essentially make BOB have distaste for about 70% of the leagues players.
Well, if you remember, one of the knocks about Gillette Stadium from the players is it doesn't have a daycare for the players' kids (or as good a daycare or something). Maybe BOB was just worried about the expense to the team for daycare costs?

Reportedly Hopkins is close to becoming a Raven. Lamar haters should be very afraid.

Odell, Hopkins and Lamar....will be formidable.......

Well given the doom and gloom you portray, do you really think a s single WR who is 30, will be 3 years away from his last 1000 yd season, has had 2 straight injury riddled seasons where he missed 13 games, doesn't want to be here, AND has a really bad haircut, will be the difference maker that will dramatically change our season? I don't think so.

Assuming he changes his mind about coming here, he's released by Ariz, AND will do a contract heavily on the incentive side, you'd have to say a lot to convince me to sign him. Hey, he's as been a top 5 receiver for the bulk of his career. His 8 years in Houston took has clearly taken a toll, where he had around a 1000 snaps per season, and its shown in Ariz. Great receiver, like I said, he had 8 exceptional years in Houston, but as good as he was he's only been to the playoffs 4 times (6 games). Love to have him, but he'd be a luxury (he's not a deep threat) We have other more pressing needs, imho. Lets see what the next 3 days bring and then reassess

Houston won all those championships with him. I am scared

This isn’t good for us

View attachment 51005
He’s tagging Adidas and Jerry Lorenzo who designs sneakers. And “Fear of God” is a fashion brand, whose athletics line is coming out in 2023, by Adidas. This is probably just a sponsorship that Diggs is also a part of. This took me a whole 30 seconds to google.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back