PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Price for D Hopkins might be going down- rumor that he might be RELEASED

Too bad he wasn't around to help Kermit beat the greatest QB that ever existed in the history of the NFL Tom Brady when it mattered most or Kermit's record would be better than 0-2 against the GOAT in games that matter.
unbelievable how this nickname and obvious trolling is allowed

I am sure We are hoping the Cardinals don't Release D-Hop because Mac Jones over Mahomes or Allen is really tough choice. :rolleyes:
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Last edited:
I am sure We are hoping the Cardinals don't Release D-Hop because Mac Jones over Mahomes or Allen is real tough choice. :rolleyes:
Hopkins would likely have to play on a tiny one year deal to “re-establish his value” to go to KC. I can’t imagine he would want to go to Buffalo and play second fiddle to Diggs. New England could offer him an actual decent contract if they wanted to. Don’t know if they want to though.

Hopkins would likely have to play on a tiny one year deal to “re-establish his value” to go to KC. I can’t imagine he would want to go to Buffalo and play second fiddle to Diggs. New England could offer him an actual decent contract if they wanted to. Don’t know if they want to though.
Second fiddle to Diggs...Hopkins is just as good Allen would play catch with NFL Defenses with those two.

The Pats do have Monti's number on speed dial though....

So we will see.... I am not overpaying for D.Hops just to keep him away from K.C. or Buffalo though. My reason is that we would then need to sign him to an extension. The best case scenario for the Pats is a pick for D.Hop's services...then give him a small raise for this season...then let him walk in free agency later on to seek his next contract.

I assume this is posturing, it seems unlikely they would just release Hopkins without any draft return. I bet the Cards are trying to get teams to increase their offer with the threat of simply releasing him so that he can choose his destination. If the Cards release him it seems far more likely he would sign with KC than here.

I predict he will be dealt on draft day or right before camp.

If he wants to ring chase he should go to the Eagles because who the **** else is gonna win the NFC?
The 49ers are a QB away. The Eagles had a easy path after Purdy went down.
Hopkins + Diggs = Super Bowl

The Buffalo offense would tear the NFL to shreds.
Buffalo's defense sucks and gets exposed against competent teams.

Watch out for Aaron to recruit him to the Jets.

Hopkins isn't coming here. There's a sour relationship with Bill O'Brien and if he has his choice it won't be NE. At his age and cost I think we are better to try our luck again in the draft.

unbelievable how this nickname and obvious trolling is allowed

Ian wanted me to change my name, and it's one he approved of. And speaking of name changes, when are you going to fix yours to be grammatically correct?

Last edited:
Hopkins isn't coming here. There's a sour relationship with Bill O'Brien and if he has his choice it won't be NE. At his age and cost I think we are better to try our luck again in the draft.
Either way, I hope it gets settled by or on draft night. Whatever team he goes to will probably be less likely to compete with the Pats to draft receivers (i.e. shrink the demand by one team)

I am sure We are hoping the Cardinals don't Release D-Hop because Mac Jones over Mahomes or Allen is real tough choice. :rolleyes:
What has KC got to pay him with? the four million they got left in cap space?

The 49ers are a QB away. The Eagles had a easy path after Purdy went down.

Buffalo's defense sucks and gets exposed against competent teams.

Watch out for Aaron to recruit him to the Jets.
discount double check isn't even on the jets yet... right now they have 9m in cap space... and they still need to pay for him...

Ian wanted me to change my name and so I did to something he approved of. And speaking of name changes, when are you going to fix yours to be grammatically correct?
why is mac10, who is related to a pats player, worse than the reference to your clearly favorite player mahomes who playes for the afc competition,

i will not change my name but thanks for the reminder

What has KC got to pay him with? the four million they got left in cap space?
I am sure their brass can make room for that talent I mean they won with Juju as their Top WR Hopkins > Juju.

Would love to have had Hopkins here at the height of Brady's powers. No one could have put his skills to better use than Brady. If this setup came along then I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Now, I just hope he goes somewhere that doesn't lay in our path.

Ian wanted me to change my name and so I did to something he approved of. And speaking of name changes, when are you going to fix yours to be grammatically correct?
Well I don't like it.

Dont Like It The Rookie GIF by ABC Network

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back