PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is overrated [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My God You Have Got To Be Kidding Me Rivers!!!!

Manning isn't overrated. Although I hate goober.....he is a HOF QB.

Manning is both overrated and going to the HOF.

It doesn't matter that his numbers have been grossly distorted by his supporting cast and playing in a dome.

He still has the numbers and the reputation. In the end that is all that matters.

Manning is grossly overrated. he cant win without his talent around him.

Peyton Manning's lifetime postseason statistics:
18 TD's, 15 Interceptions.
The guy is great when it doesn't matter. With great offensive talent surrounding him in crunch time, he folds. He is the A-Rod of football.

Tom Brady's lifetime postseason statistics:
20 TD's, 9 Interceptions. The guy is great in crunchtime, even with smurf or 3rd string receivers.

Peyton Manning's lifetime postseason statistics:
18 TD's, 15 Interceptions.
The guy is great when it doesn't matter. With great offensive talent surrounding him in crunch time, he folds. He is the A-Rod of football.

Tom Brady's lifetime postseason statistics:
20 TD's, 9 Interceptions. The guy is great in crunchtime, even with smurf or 3rd string receivers.

Manning sucks

Better example would be the Colts Special Teams.

Every single "Greatest QB Ever" list, it always has Manning ahead of Brady. The highest I have seen for Brady was 7th all-time. And that was on 11/6/07. Bottom line, Brady will never pass any of Peyton's lifetime passing records. Hell, Peyton is already ranked 5th all time in Touchdowns. Brady is not in the top 20, same for passing yards, etc.

With that being said, is Peyton declining. Not sure, sometimes it looks like he is bored out there and not interested though. I think you will start to see noticable decline within 3 years though.

I have been tossing this idea around for a few weeks now... does anyone think that Peyton Manning is in decline? I mean, if you look at his stats, they're not that impressive... AND, he's almost 32 years old.

Just thinking out loud... somewhat.

If he retired today, he'd be a first ballot HOF'er. He's proven he is an incredibly accurate passer and clutch player as he has more 4th quarter come from behind drives than Brady.

Personally, I've never seen an all-time great QB without great receivers and a damn good team supporting them.

I say Manning would have to play lousy for 2 years before I'd consider him on the decline. Just my OP.

Every single "Greatest QB Ever" list, it always has Manning ahead of Brady. The highest I have seen for Brady was 7th all-time. And that was on 11/6/07. Bottom line, Brady will never pass any of Peyton's lifetime passing records. Hell, Peyton is already ranked 5th all time in Touchdowns. Brady is not in the top 20, same for passing yards, etc.

With that being said, is Peyton declining. Not sure, sometimes it looks like he is bored out there and not interested though. I think you will start to see noticable decline within 3 years though.

You ob dont read the all the lists then eh? Jaws was on tv raving about how Brady was better then Manning just last week on his all time list. Not to mention the endless publications that rank Brady higher. Because those mean soo much ( oh brother) Until Manning's defense overcame his horrid play in the playoffs last season he was considered a choker by EVERYONE. Your lists are flawed just like your qb's talent when his top wr is hurt. Manning still tossed six picks with Wayne in there. Manning will never break Bradys post season record. Manning is a choker! Cough cough he did it AGAIN tonight. Last week to! Brady will win the mvp this year , his fourth sb, and surpase the total touchdown record set by goofball. Manning will be remembered as Marino , Brady as Montana.

Manning could never do what Brady did with Gaffney and Caldwell last year. Just deal with it and move on. Your qb is overrated. Loser : )

Last edited:
Wrong. Manning is still 1b. It was one game.

If the Patriots win a 4th SB, Brady will jump to the head of the QB all-time class. If he ever helped with a 5th, he would automatically be the best ever. I believe you're referring to sources that rate QB's purely on statistics. If so, that's not what the true judges of all-time greatness really say.

The real judges of all-time greatness is mainly the media. 5, 10 or even 25 years from now, many, many books will be written on Brady. It largely through myth, legend & reputation that talk of the all-time greats is passed down through the ages. And Brady's story isn't close to being finished. When commentators on ESPN or even the NFL network discuss the all-time great QB's, I guarantee you they do NOT refer to any statistical books to prepare for their comments. And "if" they do, # of SB victories will always be at the top of the list.

That is why Joe Montana is considered to be the best ever by the vast majority of experts.

Last edited:
I have been tossing this idea around for a few weeks now... does anyone think that Peyton Manning is in decline? I mean, if you look at his stats, they're not that impressive... AND, he's almost 32 years old.

Just thinking out loud... somewhat.

No Harrison, Clark, and they were down to their 3rd string LT-I thought he did an amazing job overcoming his mistakes to lead his team-too bad Adam couldn't hit that chip-shot FG.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:
too bad Adam couldn't hit that chip-shot FG.
Now there's a loser on the decline.

Manning looked very avergae without clark and harrison. not all the picks were his fault, but not all of bradys have been eaither. that whole colts team has been built around manning ever since he got there, not the same for brady. so when you talk better you have to look beyond just numbers, numbers do not tell the whole story.

Manning looked very avergae without clark and harrison. not all the picks were his fault, but not all of bradys have been eaither. that whole colts team has been built around manning ever since he got there, not the same for brady. so when you talk better you have to look beyond just numbers, numbers do not tell the whole story.

Excellent points. Numbers don't always mean everything. Both great QB's, we are witnessing history, a great rivalry, a Magic/Bird type rivalry. I think we will forever link the two great QB's, just like Montana/Marino in the 80's. I prefer Brady because he has always done a lot with lesser talents around him, but Manning is one of the alltime greats as well.

i havent read a single post except the first one. Peyton Manning is NOT overrated. He is the CLEARLY the 2nd best QB in the NFL and one of the best QB of all time.

Just another bad weather game by Manning. He rarely plays very well outside in the elements. Which is why they have little chance coming to Foxborough in January. If that even happens. But 6 INTs kindof speaks for itself.

Is Manning going to make the Pro Bowl?

His stats are worse than Brady's from last year, and there are QBs ahead of him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/stati...=off&league=afc&order=true&season=2&year=2007

He'll make it; whether or not he should is a good question though.

Even taking out yesterday's performance, there was a decent argument that Roethlisberger and Derek Anderson were at least as deserving as Manning. In a fair world he's now battling Anderson for the 3rd spot.

yup....he's an over rated goat. He sucks w/ bad recievers. Well....not bad...he's still got wayne. Last year Brady had caldwell and jabar. He's a pathetic goat. 6 interceptions.....HA HA!:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back