PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Making the case for Osi Umenyiora

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see.I could care less if he is a one trick pony!!He is good at it.Getting to the QB is huge in this league.I dont wanna see Sanchez once again picking apart this defense.

Seems Andy and the Eagles have mastered BB's ways this off season as well...;)

They're good friends from what I hear, maybe Andy slipped something in Bill's drink and got him to talk one night.

We will see.I could care less if he is a one trick pony!!He is good at it.Getting to the QB is huge in this league.I dont wanna see Sanchez once again picking apart this defense.

And by picking apart, you mean 16/24 for 195 yards, right? For a grand total of 8 passing first downs, right? Thats what you don't want?

The offense lost that game.

And unlike you, I give a **** on whether or not the Patriots have $30M worth of dead cap space in a couple years.

Sanchez had all day to throw the football.You can say the offense but to me it was all coaching adjustments!Rexy came in with a plan and this team couldnt solve it.

Sanchez had all day to throw the football.You can say the offense but to me it was all coaching adjustments!Rexy came in with a plan and this team couldnt solve it.

I'll take 16/24 for 195 yards and 8 first downs from our defence any day of the week.

I'll take 16/24 for 195 yards and 8 first downs from our defence any day of the week.

Sanchez is a very average QB. Those stats are MVP stats for him. What lost that game for us should be familiar......the pressure they put on Brady. 5 sacks...lots of pressure...we had no pressure...zero.

There is no greater offense killer than making a QB uncomfortable. For some reason ....we don't get that.

I've got no issue with giving up a draft pick. I've got an issue with giving up a first round draft pick for a guy who doesn't particularly thrive against the run.

Get the guy for a 3rd and 4th, and I think you'd find people changing their tune instantly.

With me it's more the destabalizing contract he'll want, not a 2nd round pick. We've blown those on hapless players. Osi can play in the NFL.

I agree. I think if it's one time that BB goes out of character, this is the time. With a solid pass rush, we could really make a dominant superbowl run. We have all of the other keys in place.

Pass rush is only thing really missing.

Well Said! TOTALLY Agree as I posted.

Osi tied JTuck for the team high with 11.5 sacks and had a league-high 10 forced fumbles last season. GO GET'm! Stop'da Non$en$e!

Last edited:
And you are??????Mike Mayock? I bow to your expertise Cousin. What do you know about my mocks? What does that have to do with anything here? Have some more Koolaid without alcohol. We "Draft more High Round players"????What? We drop down many times to lower rounds. Ah...yeah O.K. you win. It is your opinion and you are entitled. I guess you speak for all when you say "We".
DW Toys

It's not an opinion that we draft more high-round draft picks than other teams, its fact. And how does the team manage that? By trading picks wisely. They drop down while still keeping high-round picks.

We picked up AH and Ocho for picks just a week ago and still have 2 1st and 2 2nds next year.

Just because they don't select the players you want, doesn't mean they aren't selecting players. Again, go and look at home many players the Pats have taken in the first few rounds in the past few years compared to the rest of the league.

I can't read a thread that doesn't have you whining about the Pats draft strategy. Cousin

If not Osi who? Stockpiling draft picks is good for the future, but the team as put together is as good as any team with the glaring issue that the tean can't get to the QB and stunk all year on 3rd down. Until I see him show up and play I still have my doubts about Haynesworth and even with him playing close to his best I still think they need help. I don't mind parting with a draft pick, it's more of an issue with the $$$ and how many years you'll need to lock him up for. I'd hate to have $10+ mil going to an aging pash rusher with declining skills

If not Osi who? Stockpiling draft picks is good for the future,

Isn't it amazing that the team that always "stockpiles draft picks for the future" has drafted more 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round players than any other team over the last couple years?

So the patriots are both not spending any of their picks, and somehow walking out of draft day with more players than anyone else. Has anyone told goodell about this rampant cheating?

I really really hope the Pats make a hard run at this guy. I wouldn't give up a first but I'd definitely give a 2nd. Osi is the last missing piece to putting this defense over the top IMO.

At least the giants cant trade him to Philly.:p

Based on this thread, I am ready to name the most overrated player in the NFL.

The giants demands will be lower to a second round pick.Called me surprise that 21 teams have called:confused:

Please don't go to the ravens. I'd hate to face that defense with Osi there.

The giants demands will be lower to a second round pick.Called me surprise that 21 teams have called:confused:
Doesnt say 21 teams called, says the agent spoke to 21.
I think a large majority of those 21 didn't stay on the phone long after answering the call.

Please don't go to the ravens. I'd hate to face that defense with Osi there.

Same thing I said earlier, him teamed with Suggs is bad for any offense. Atleast we don't play them in the reg season this year but if we met them in the playoffs.... :(

Steelers might want to watch out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back