PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Making the case for Osi Umenyiora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historically, I can't think of any player, either rookie, FA or via trade that a reasonable consensus of people on here wanted and actually ended up here.

Same thing I said earlier, him teamed with Suggs is bad for any offense. Atleast we don't play them in the reg season this year but if we met them in the playoffs.... :(

Steelers might want to watch out!
This is the thing about pass rushers, especially one-dimensional ones. Most of their success is because they are schemed to have an advantage, and/or are told to ignore the run. You can't do that with 2 guys (and Suggs and Osi are both those kind) effectively. That is why you rarely see 2 big sacks guys thrown together on the same team and both do as well together as they did apart. I haven't exactly researched it, but I would be VERY surprised to see examples of teams with a top pass rusher signing or trading for another big sack guy and having both of them keep up their numbers.

Historically, I can't think of any player, either rookie, FA or via trade that a reasonable consensus of people on here wanted and actually ended up here.
Colvin, Adalius, Branch round 2, Wilfork, Seau. There have been some.

ochocinco.jpg

"Excuse me?"

Colvin, Adalius, Branch round 2, Wilfork, Seau. There have been some.

Good examples......The only difference is the idea for his acquisition came out of the blue a lot more than any of the above. The idea of Ochocinco coming here has been discussed for a long time. Not surprising.

Last edited:
With recent injury history, a high pick, plus redoing a huge contract, no way!!!

This year we have enough to worry about with "RIGHT AFTER SURGERY DOWLING"

RT: @jamisonhensley: Source tells Mike Preston: #Ravens, #Patriots among 5 teams interested in Umenyiora. All refused to give 1st-round pick

A league sources tells the Baltimore Sun that the asking price for Giants DE Osi Umeyiora has dropped to a second-round pick.
The same source confirms that five teams are in the hunt, including the Ravens and Patriots. Several members of the Ravens front office are urging GM Ozzie Newsome to pull the trigger, but he's reportedly concerned about Umenyiora's history of hip and knee injuries. Newsome also has salary cap issues to consider with Ray Rice and Joe Flacco in line for extensions. Signing Haloti Ngata to a long-term deal would helping free up space, lowering his 2011 salary.
Source: Baltimore Sun Via Rotoworld.com

make it happen chargers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back