PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make your 'one' pick at 22 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be prepared top be disappointed.

There is no reason to believe that any player available will come close to meeting this description. It is rare that any rookie starts in our defense, never mind demands a double team from Day One. And even when the patriots do draft a front seven starter and he is the DROY, fans here are still disappointed.

You say that Belichick might surprise you and pick such a player. By all means list all the flashy passrusher who would be the talk of camp, start for the patriots immediately, demand a double team, and be a potential DROY.

START LIST

LIST COMPLETE

The Patriots will not be picking at 22.

Personally I'd like to see a flashy pass rusher that suprises everyone in his first year. Someone who right away makes a big splash in rookie camp all the way through training camp who keeps everyone excited and talking. Someone who requires double teams and loosens up other key positions on the front. Hopefully BB see's someone like that in this draft and picks him and it suprises us all when he is dead on.
Thats pretty much exactly what I want to happen. :singing:
You say that Belichick might surprise you and pick such a player. By all means list all the flashy passrusher who would be the talk of camp, start for the patriots immediately, demand a double team, and be a potential DROY.
START LIST

Greg Hardy :singing:

LIST COMPLETE

Last edited:
I haven't seen a lot of Odrick but what I've seen the kid blows off too many tackles for my liking. He gets there then misses

I also think he's gone before we pick

I think there's value at DE / DT later. I'd like us to take Hughes

Last edited:
what furry said above..

my pick:patrick Robinson, CB Florida State

then what should I post about him? The DUI charge would that suffice?

you must be high on him.... it's some Else's POV...... more POV's the better telling of the story.

Jared Odrick. IMO address the run before you address the pass, unless the Ravens torching us on the ground in the playoffs, repeatedly running to one side, was a fluke. I don't think it was.

Last edited:
The one guy I really wanted out of the 1st round - Graham - is now probably out of reach - ranked in the top 15 on most sites. The guys that most of the sites have ranked between 20 & 25 aren't guys I'd want. CBS has Hughes ranked #27, though most sites have him as a 2nd-rounder. I'd take him at #22.

A lot of sites have Kyle Wilson ranked between 27 & 30. If he's really still on the board when the Pats pick at #22, I'd take him.

Odrick, no.

Realistically, if Graham is gone, BB probably trades out of the #22 for an early 2nd and a 3rd.

The Patriots will not be picking at 22.

Yep. They'll either trade out of the first round or be picking later in the first.

Stay right at 22 and Take Ryan Mathews. I would like to drop down a few spots and take him, but the Chargers might trade up to get him. At least Maroney would be able to watch a Real RB hit the hole and explode through it.

odrick, graham, kindle, hughes

misi, sapp, saffold, veldheer, pitta, damian williams, benn

I'm having a hard time seeing how they don't take Odrick at 22.

None of the passrushers are guys who can set the edge.

They are all third down and 2nd and 8 guys.

I'm having a hard time seeing how they don't take Odrick at 22.

None of the passrushers are guys who can set the edge.

They are all third down and 2nd and 8 guys.

I have a hard time seeing how they take Odrick at 22. He isnt much of an upgrade over Wooten and he really blew up during the offseason. Honestly who even had Odrick in their top 3 prospects list for the Pats before the senior bowl, proof or it didnt happen.

I have a hard time seeing how they take Odrick at 22. He isnt much of an upgrade over Wooten and he really blew up during the offseason. Honestly who even had Odrick in their top 3 prospects list for the Pats before the senior bowl, proof or it didnt happen.

I'd take issue with both your points. First, Wootton is kind of a twig, no? 270 and 6'6? I can see him playing in a 4-3, but a 3-4 end?

Second, Odrick had an excellent year. He was Big10 Player of the Year.
He had a better year than Brandon Graham, Cameron Heyward, O'Brien Schofield, Pat Angerer, A.J. Edds, etc. So, he didn't exactly come out of nowhere. He produced.

I agree. I can't see Wooten playing 3-4 DE for the patriots. Odrick or Carrington for me.

I'd take issue with both your points. First, Wootton is kind of a twig, no? 270 and 6'6? I can see him playing in a 4-3, but a 3-4 end?

Second, Odrick had an excellent year. He was Big10 Player of the Year.
He had a better year than Brandon Graham, Cameron Heyward, O'Brien Schofield, Pat Angerer, A.J. Edds, etc. So, he didn't exactly come out of nowhere. He produced.

Hughes or Kindle make sense...outside shot, Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes