PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make your 'one' pick at 22 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But would we notice? :p

What the killing part or becoming a Jest fan? It would make the local news, maybe PIX here in NY. Either way I'd haunt a few problem chillen on this board, it's harder to do when I know they are Pats fans.

C. J. Spiller explosive playmaking versatile player who fills 2 voids with 1 pick...RB/WR.

(But I wouldn't be disappointed with Odrick, Graham or Dunlap; yet I expect a trade back)

Last edited:
What the killing part or becoming a Jest fan? It would make the local news, maybe PIX here in NY. Either way I'd haunt a few problem chillen on this board, it's harder to do when I know they are Pats fans.
Jest fans are by definition dead...but haunting problem children has it's appeal.

Unless someone of high value falls to them, who ever that may be (Bryant, McClain, Morgan), I see them trading back to the early 2nd round and recouping the 3rd pick they lost from the Oakland trade.

With that in mind, I'm going to repeat myself and say its CODY.. IMHO Cody is Ngata junior and would fill a void left by the Seymour trade.

We need to concentrate on stopping the run. Looks like Buffalo will be getting a young QB in the near future and Chan G loves to run the ball.. Add in the Jets #1 rushing attack and the Dolphins wildcat, it only makes sense to get someone who can stop the run..

Add in the ability to be flexible and swap out Wilfork and Cody and sprinkle in a fresh Wright on 3rd downs, I see it as a win win..

Now take that 3rd rounder and a contingent 2011 pick go for Olson

With that in mind, I'm going to repeat myself and say its CODY.. IMHO Cody is Ngata junior and would fill a void left by the Seymour trade.

Add in the ability to be flexible and swap out Wilfork and Cody and sprinkle in a fresh Wright on 3rd downs, I see it as a win win..

That's a pretty interesting idea, using Cody like the Ravens use Ngata. Cody has lost some weight, I wonder what he'd be capable trimming down more and throwing on some more muscle.

That's a pretty interesting idea, using Cody like the Ravens use Ngata. Cody has lost some weight, I wonder what he'd be capable trimming down more and throwing on some more muscle.
Would need to have more playmaking linebackers for that to work though.

Last edited:
I'm trading #22 for a #1 next year and some #3's ... :rofl:

Yeah,Cody has tits right now bigger than Dolly Parton...he needs some slimming down a little

Can you wear a bra as an NFL player?

Whats with the hate on Cody.. He has the same concerns Ngata had when he came out.. He's got great feet and comes for a 3-4 defense.. Plus he has the college stats to back up the being a top end run stopper.

Our start DL since BB arrived has never gotten over 8 sacks.. We can get a pass rushing OLB in teh 2nd round..

Last edited:
Yeah,Cody has tits right now bigger than Dolly Parton...he needs some slimming down a little

Can you wear a bra as an NFL player?

It's called a "bro" when mean wear it:D

Last edited:
Whats with the hate on Cody.. He has the same concerns Ngata had when he came out.. He's got great feet and comes for a 3-4 defense.. Plus he has the college stats to back up the being a top end run stopper.

Our start DL since BB arrived has never gotten over 8 sacks.. We can get a pass rushing OLB in teh 2nd round..

Right now all an OL would have to do to control Cody is grab his breasts and hang on and he ain't going anywhere near the QB.....he needs to lose those bodacious tatas,hell when he ran during the combine I thought one of those tatas was going to come up and smack him and give him a black eye :eek:

Wow...I'm not a Cody hater, but I really think you're undervaluing the athleticism and explosiveness that make Ngata more versatile (and that made him a high draft pick.) Ngata's measurables were outstanding:

6'4.1" 338 5.13/2.96/1.73 37 31.5 09'02" 4.69 7.97

Cody's are flat-out disturbing:

6'3.5" 349 5.71/3.23/1.90 22 20.5 07'06" 5.03 8.19

Wow...I'm not a Cody hater, but I really think you're undervaluing the athleticism and explosiveness that make Ngata more versatile (and that made him a high draft pick.) Ngata's measurables were outstanding:

6'4.1" 338 5.13/2.96/1.73 37 31.5 09'02" 4.69 7.97

Cody's are flat-out disturbing:

6'3.5" 349 5.71/3.23/1.90 22 20.5 07'06" 5.03 8.19

IN all fairness, I said Ngata Junior and I'd want him about 32 picks after the Ravens picked Ngata.. But I see your point..

IN all fairness, I said Ngata Junior and I'd want him about 32 picks after the Ravens picked Ngata.. But I see your point..

Ah, OK. Given the subject of this thread, I assumed you wanted him at #22.

Regardless, I'm kind of blown away by Cody's measurables -- off the top of my head I can't recall a worse set of numbers, ever. They make Ron Brace look like an athletic freak in comparision. :( Meanwhile guys like Ngata, Wilfork, Jenkins, Hampton are all very good athletes for their size.

Regardless, I'm kind of blown away by Cody's measurables -- off the top of my head I can't recall a worse set of numbers, ever. .

Maybe five years ago there was a DB who didn't get a scouting combine invite, but performed on his Pro Day. He ran something > 4.8 and caught 2 of 50 passes during the DB drills. Guy got laughed off the field. And for good reason...I can legitimately say I was the better NFL prospect....at 30-something years old.

Last edited:
Ah, OK. Given the subject of this thread, I assumed you wanted him at #22.

Regardless, I'm kind of blown away by Cody's measurables -- off the top of my head I can't recall a worse set of numbers, ever. They make Ron Brace look like an athletic freak in comparision. :( Meanwhile guys like Ngata, Wilfork, Jenkins, Hampton are all very good athletes for their size.

No worries.. I understaned we all want value at our pick. And thats why in my initial post I said unless someone slips to them, I won't be shocked if they move back to the 1st part of the 2nd round and pick up a 3rd rounder.. Why a 3rd rounder.. I'd go trade this and a conditional pick for a veteran TE, like Olson.

But at 34 or 38, its a great selection.. His measureables aren't that all reat but he's going to shut down the run.. Something we need to address in our division..

seriously though, we have three tackles locked up, what would be the point in a 34

Maybe he can eat Brace?

Maybe five years ago there was a DB who didn't get a scouting combine invite, but performed on his Pro Day. He ran something > 4.8 and caught 2 of 50 passes during the DB drills. Guy got laughed off the field. And for good reason...I can legitimately say I was the better NFL prospect....at 30-something years old.

Ah, I don't recall that! But for a highly touted prospect, Cody may take the cake. Remember how Andre Smith was a laughing stock for his flabby Pro Day performance last year? He outperformed Cody significantly on every measure but bench reps (and Cody's 22 are nothing to be proud of).

Ah, I don't recall that! But for a highly touted prospect, Cody may take the cake. Remember how Andre Smith was a laughing stock for his flabby Pro Day performance last year? He outperformed Cody significantly on every measure but bench reps (and Cody's 22 are nothing to be proud of).

My records indicate one Carl Nesmith, safety out of Kansas...worse than I thought....4.93 forty. Caught 2 out of 40, not 50.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft