PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Madden 2009 - Xbox360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant go wrong with a ps3 its the hottest system out right now and will only become bigger.

I have both the 360 and PS3. For HD movies the PS3 is great, for a gaming system it's way behind the 360 in terms of online play and game selection. If I had to choose one. I'd take the 360 anyday of the week.

I was thinking about this the other day. Seen as though it's a personal thing I might just rent it for both systems and see.

As a PS3 owner, i think the PS3 is a much better deal. Comes with built in wireless, 100 bucks for the 360 wireless adaptors, comes with a good size hard drive, and is easily upgradeable without custom hardware, online play is free, with the 360 is 50 bucks a year. I prefer the PS3 controller, not to mention if you care comes with a Blu Ray player on top of it all… The final thing that really clinched it for me was the 360 does of a history of unreliability, that I don’t want in a $300 system.

Here is some Madden stuff supposedly the QA team preferred to play it on the PS3 but take it for what its worth…
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_videogames/2008/08/video-inside-lo.html

Here are some of my game highlights so far!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4724/videos

Last edited:
As a PS3 owner, i think the PS3 is a much better deal. Comes with built in wireless, 100 bucks for the 360 wireless adaptors, comes with a good size hard drive, and is easily upgradeable without custom hardware, online play is free, with the 360 is 50 bucks a year. I prefer the PS3 controller, not to mention if you care comes with a Blu Ray player on top of it all… The final thing that really clinched it for me was the 360 does of a history of unreliability, that I don’t want in a $300 system.

Here is some Madden stuff supposedly the QA team preferred to play it on the PS3 but take it for what its worth…
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_videogames/2008/08/video-inside-lo.html

Here are some of my game highlights so far!
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4724/videos

Those videos are amazing! I haven't looked into the gaming market in a looong time. In fact I still have the original Nintendo in a closet. :rolleyes: Is there a space flight sim for either of these platforms along the lines of Wing Commander or Freelancer?

IF the games are the same, get the ps3...have you people sceen a Blue Ray movie on an hd tv? Sht is nice!

I have it for the PS3. It's VERY good, but just a warning: the running game is ridiculously hard. I could rush for 7-8 ypc in 08 on All Madden; on average is between 1.5 - 2.5 almost every game.

Is there a space flight sim for either of these platforms along the lines of Wing Commander or Freelancer?
Ace Combat 6: Fires of liberation.
Over G fighters.
Blazing Angels 2: Secret missions of WWII.

I have both the 360 and PS3. For HD movies the PS3 is great, for a gaming system it's way behind the 360 in terms of online play and game selection. If I had to choose one. I'd take the 360 anyday of the week.

100% agree. I have a PS3 and a 360 and I prefer the 360 by a mile, for pretty much the same reasons. Whenever a game that I've wanted has come along on both systems (GTA IV, Soul Calibur 4, etc), I've always grabbed the 360 version, and Madden will be no exception.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards PS3, but since Madden is my favorite game I want to make sure the PS3 version is at least comprable. The 2008 PS3 version was terrible - if 2009 has the same problems I'd get the inferior Xbox360 to play a better Madden.

I got the PS3 and LOVE it. No Madden yet. I've had a bad experience with a basketball game, I couldn't figure out how to control it, and it had crappy instructions.

Let us know what you decide and give a review!

Off topic, but the game 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' kicks absolute butt. I pretty much got no sleep for a week when I started that game. I've played like five games, and that's my favorite of all of them (even more than GTA).

Another vote for PS3. Both are good systems and Madden is very similar/comparable for both, but PS3 has a definite edge with its Blue Ray player (simply amazing) and I love their Network. You can play online free. I hear XBox owners have to pay for Live. Also, my version is 80 GB and is backward compatable, but to be honest, the backward compatability doesn't mean much to me as more and more games are coming out to replace and improve the older ones. Why play PS2 games when you can play PS3? BTW, I would recommend Head Coach 09 as well. Great game!

360 here. While the PS3 does have Bluray.... to me the 360 has the better exclusive games. Plus usually the 360 versions for games released on both end up being the better one anyways.

Oh, and that little game a few of you might of heard of. Think its called "Final Fantasy 13." Well its no longer exclusive to the PS3 and will be released for the 360 as well.

Let's not forget the nice XBox Live Arcade line of games as well. So many nice titles available from "Geometry Wars 2" to "Pacman Championship Edition" to "Undertow" to the forthcoming "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix" and many many others.

Better yet... just look at the list here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcadexbox360/

Something for everyone on XBox Live Arcade. So yeah... if you care about gaming then the 360 is the better system.

Perhaps a silly question for Madden 09. I have the PS3 and played Madden for the first time last night and I could not figure out how to challenge a play. I was playing all pro level and not in franchise mode. Any ideas, anyone?

Finnally got to play my PS2 Madden and I am loving it. Optional QB vision is nice though suprisingly not using it is messing with me (developed some weird habbits using it).

Pats are absolutely dominating. Beat the Steelers 42-17.

Moss catches everything.

They made the Pats secondary suck though.

Mayo is pretty nasty....got a few sacks with him.

Adrian Peterson is way to much fun to play with. Maybe the best video game back ever and they used to make Barry pretty nasty and Bo Jackson in Tecmo was unstoppable but so is AP.

Perhaps a silly question for Madden 09. I have the PS3 and played Madden for the first time last night and I could not figure out how to challenge a play. I was playing all pro level and not in franchise mode. Any ideas, anyone?

I haven't played 09 yet but in all previous versions you hit start and "challenge play" should be a menu item

I have both systems, and I love the PS3 Blu-Ray player. However, if a game is on both systems I usually go with the 360 version. The Live network is superior as well.

By the way, both of them have failed and I have had them both back for repairs.

If your worried about reliability, while the 360 does have a high fail rate, it is covered for 3 years from th3 "3 red rings" issue with a 1 year warranty on everything else, the PS3 has a 90 day warranty, and a friend of mine who owns a game store has been doing a lot of repairs on PS3s with laser issues and not reading discs. I used to work in video game retail as well, so I know a lot of information first hand on system issues and warranties.

Also, anybody considering a 360 vs PS3, if you have Netflix, get a 360, later this year, you will be able to stream movies from Netflix onto your 360 just like you currently do on your PC.

Anyway, no matter what, both systems are good systems. PS3 started slow, because developers had issues working with it, which is a reason why game selection is lacking but the built in Blu Ray and wireless connection are nice features. The 360, while it gets bashed because of the system failures, has right now a much bigger selection of exclusives and highly rated titles, and it also has a good amount of casual games, so the married guys can convince the wifey a little easier to let them buy, with games like Scene It and the Arcade which has almost anything you would want, casual stuff like Zuma and Bejeweled to classic stuff like Pac Man to original stuff like Geometry Wars and Braid. PS3's online from what I hear isn't as good as 360, and to me online play is important.

I've got the PS3 game but in what I hope isnt an omen my OL is getting battered an Brady gets about 2 seconds to release

Doesn't make a difference. Madden 09 SUCKS! Running is more realistic but downright impossible on the hardest difficulty. Passing is way too easy. Superstar is completely unchanged once again. Online people can disconnect and you don't get any credit for a win.

It blows. Nice one, EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick